cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drinks in cooler or refrigerator????

yankeeslover
Explorer
Explorer
im sorry, dumb question. newbie here... do you guys usually keep your beer/soda etc... in the fridge or in a cooler with ice for the weekenders? my camper is on a seasonal site and I keep the fridge on all week when im not there, but im wondering if its better/cheaper for me to put all the drinks back in an ice cooler for the weekend? mainly to prevent fridge being opened/closed a lot... or do you just keep drinks in the fridge at all times? everything usually fits in the fridge.. thanks and sorry once again...im learning new things as im growing here...
29 REPLIES 29

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
mike77leprechaun wrote:
:C

We have a 1.6 cu ft. Danby in the basement of our Jayco WhiteHawk. Used it to cool soda and beer for the first time a couple weeks ago. What a disappointment. Don't know if the fridge is a POS or if the coils can't dissipate heat efficiently because of the fridge location...:h

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
We have an electric cooler. Reverse the plug and it heats. We often take it with us and leave it outside the camper for drinks, but not always. It just depends what kind of camping we are doing if we take it or not.

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
JiminDenver wrote:
MitchF150 wrote:
Depends... When I take one, I replace one, so there is always a cold six-pack for me! 🙂

Mitch

Here too. A cooler takes up a lot of room.

Same here...whatever beverage is removed from the fridge it is replaced. Nobody_!! Removes my wine for their beer, LOL one bottle does me a week, LOl

Majja13
Explorer
Explorer
Both.
2015 GMC Sierra 2500hd 6.0 w/4:10 rear end
2006 SkyLine Weekender 180
1200/12000 Equal-i-zer WDH

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
MitchF150 wrote:
Depends... When I take one, I replace one, so there is always a cold six-pack for me! 🙂

Mitch

Here too. A cooler takes up a lot of room.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Fridge. Ice costs money and I don't drink that much beer so it fits in my fridge nicely.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Frig. Top shelf, laying down and you can get a tension rod that secures them. Can get about 24 or so. Wine? 3-ltr box in the door.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
The drink does get colder in the cooler, on ice. Just sayin.......
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
IF it's just the 2 of us....fridge

IF it's a group.......large ice chest

Don't want group of folks traipsing in/out of RV all day long letting the cold air out and standing in front of the fridge with door open window shopping
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Both!!!
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
MitchF150 wrote:
My BEER goes in the fridge.. When I take one, I replace one, so there is always a cold six-pack for me! 🙂

Mitch

Good idea! A never ending six-pack. :C

mike77leprechau
Explorer
Explorer
:C
Current Rig: 2018 Forest River Salem 32BHI Towed with a 2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4-5.7 Hemi/4x4/3.92/8 Speed Auto

"You should really invest in a Diesel 1 ton to properly tow that popup"

WagIt
Explorer
Explorer
Both-keep 'em in the fridge to cool down. But when I'm spending a lot of time outside, they're on ice and much colder!

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Depends... If I had kids, their drinks would be in a cooler. My BEER goes in the fridge.. When I take one, I replace one, so there is always a cold six-pack for me! 🙂

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Fridge all the time. We only use a cooler for sightseeing day trips or making food purchases when we can't get back to the trailer in good time. Then again, we don't have a seasonal.
Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)