cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Expanded shower

sleekcrafter
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has anyone done an expanded shower curtain install in the truck camper? I would like something not hanging from the ceiling, such as a folding or bend shower rod. As it is now, it's tight quarters.
2001 7.3L F350 CC SB DRW BTS auto, Elkhorn 11X TC, 31 Jayco Designer, 1979 Belco Tunnel Dragster DragBoat
14 REPLIES 14

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
sleekcrafter wrote:
Has anyone done an expanded shower curtain install in the truck camper? I would like something not hanging from the ceiling, such as a folding or bend shower rod. As it is now, it's tight quarters.

Yup-- Bent Rod from Bed Bath and Beyond, that I cut to fit. And what seems like a little bit made a HUGE difference in space. I'm not a little guy, so an extra 6" comes in mighty handy. In the shower that is.
Existing shower before---

Mounting bracket---

Rod mounted---

3" extra space at each end of the shower---

6" extra space at center of rod/shower---

'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Camp, Forrest, Camp! wrote:
It's holding up a thin sheet of plastic, how sturdy does it need to be? What is that stuff, anyway?

any downward pull on the outer corner would tear it out of its mount. be careful getting in and out.
bumpy

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
It's holding up a thin sheet of plastic, how sturdy does it need to be? What is that stuff, anyway?
-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.

finaddict
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
sleekcrafter wrote:
After some thought, being a corner shower stall, an expandable would not do what I'm wanting. I think I have found another solution, maybe...

It seems to me that that would not be very "sturdy"
bumpy
Looks like it has a rod holding it up to the ceiling at the mid point bend, but I tend to agree. I do not think it would be very sturdy

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
sleekcrafter wrote:
After some thought, being a corner shower stall, an expandable would not do what I'm wanting. I think I have found another solution, maybe...

It seems to me that that would not be very "sturdy"
bumpy

sleekcrafter
Explorer II
Explorer II

2001 7.3L F350 CC SB DRW BTS auto, Elkhorn 11X TC, 31 Jayco Designer, 1979 Belco Tunnel Dragster DragBoat

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
mkirsch wrote:
If you have a wet bath, why would you even NEED one of those articulating curtain rods? The whole bathroom's your shower stall.

You still need to cover the door...at least in the wet bath TC's I have been in...
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
If you have a wet bath, why would you even NEED one of those articulating curtain rods? The whole bathroom's your shower stall.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
A couple of suggestions;

we use a "quick dry" shower curtain that does not "stick" so much...

Also relocated the shower head to another wall that made it more useable

If you have a wet bath I can't see how you can use one of the articulating curtain rods?

B
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Eycom wrote:
And some folks have the temerity to wonder aloud, "why are they using the campground showers?" B

when I had my chieftain with the 42-48 inch tub/shower I still used the campground shower about 90% of the time.
bumpy

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
Gets old having the curtain stick to your bod... doesn't it? A couple or three days is an acceptable aggravation... but everyday? And some folks have the temerity to wonder aloud, "why are they using the campground showers?" You can find the curved rods at Wally World and online. The arched rod will help with shoulder room up to a point. When you reach the age where gravity increases overall girth, you'll need to transition into a bigger stall.:B
RVn Full-time

pf32450
Explorer
Explorer
I do not know how big your shower is, but I installed a articulating shower rod in our bathroom in the TT. Like I said this may not work for your situation. Link is as follows: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/extend-a-shower-expanding-shower-rod-white-finish/44143
2014 Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 8321KBS
2010 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 6.4L Diesel

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
I don't have a truck camper, rather a travel trailer, and my daughter gave us one of those shower rods with two joints in it. It screwed onto the wall about 3 inches below the existing track, and makes a HUGE improvement in elbow room in the shower. I'm a big guy with looooonngg arms, and I wish I'd thought to do this years ago. I can highly recommend it.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
they sell an arced rod that gives more shoulder space.
bumpy