Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall Camping

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
Fall camping.....love it.

Leaving in about an hour on an overcast, windy and cold September day!

I have 3 nights reserved at Killbear Provincial Park......it was supposed to be a crew bonding weekend....myself and my 8 crew members....the last 2 guys bailed out 6 days ago....legitimate reasons. So they all bought me $60 worth of Stella beer.

I am determined to drink it and smoke my Cuban cigars.

And I'm bringing 3 books....Nobette might make an appearance Sat. night after work but for the most part......rest and BEER.
:):)
61 REPLIES 61

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Our last trip, scheduled for next weekend, has been cancelled due to family visiting (a good thing, but can't go camping).

Kinda bummed. Okay a lot bummed. Have to go out and start winterizing the camper. Give the TT it's once a year outside wash - right before I cover it! lol

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
Getting ready for 7 days in the high country. Praying for a bit of rain, maybe even snow. My whole year leads up to early Oct at 7000 ft

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
going to north central Pennsylvania next weekend. camping is not over YET.

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from 5 days in S. NJ; We had the whole State Park to ourselves.
Ocean temps are great, no tourists, quiet, warm.

Leaving for Delaware next week.

My favourite time of year for camping.
Gerry

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
If this weekends forecast didn't suck so much I would have postponed winterizing three more days. In Alberta one never knows when you will wake up to snowfall and bad roads and need to winterize in a panic. I miss my pop-up at times like this as it was so simple. Multiple slides, water line to fridge etc etc.....just cant risk breaking anything. More power to those still on the road.

Daryll
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
Camping starts with the frost. Well not quite.... but spring, fall and early winter are my favorite times.

I find hot muggy weather, mosquitoes, and lawn mowing kind of take edge of the long hours of sunshine.

I hope you folks have a great time.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

lgarcia
Explorer
Explorer
We went camping last weekend. Friday in the 90's, Sunday in the 50's. Got in some fishing and was able to relax listening to the leaves fall from the trees.
-Laura
2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH (specs and floor plan in profile)
2015 Ram 1500 Hemi

PAAK
Explorer
Explorer
Took my TT to the camp ground during lunch today to get the final weekend in before they close up. Highs in the 45-50 and lows in the 30's but its still better than being indoors. Great time for me and the dog to do some serious trail walks.
2011 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel
2011 Creek Side 23RKS

bcbouy
Explorer
Explorer
we were set to do some fishing/camping this weekend but the weather is turning ugly.last trip 2 weeks ago we got a windstorm first day and then the next day torrential rain.still managed a 3 lb. rainbow,although it's tough to flyfish in sweaters and raingear. hopefully we'll get out over the thanksgiving long weekend.we love fall camping.
2012 ram 2500 hemi crew cab sb 4x4 2015 northstar 850 sc 14.5 g3 guide custom fly fishing boat

brdprey
Explorer
Explorer
don't forget the cameras people. would love to see the scenery;)

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
We are leaving on Saturday for three to four weeks of camping. I still have to search for a pair of long underwear, just in case.

OBSPowerstroke
Explorer
Explorer
Fall is definitely a great time to go. I'm all packed with the truck and trailer at work just waiting for quitting time to head out for the weekend as well.

We were going to boondock in the Tillamook State Forest, but the forecast turned towards rain most of the weekend, so we're going to a state park on the coast that's close to civilization so we can keep ourselves busy if the rain decides not to let up.
Josh
'16 Ford F350
'11 Komfort Resort 240RK
Portland, OR

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
We're getting ready to go, too. I'm chomping at the bit. This morning the dog and I drove up to the campground we plan to use (it's only 25 miles away) and went for a walk. One site in use last night as far as I could tell, although ranger said they expected to have lots this weekend. Looking for lows in the 50s and highs in the 70s, perfect camping weather, even with a little rain on saturday.

Deleted_per_op
Explorer
Explorer
We just returned from a long weekend in an almost-empty campground. It was cool and drizzly the day we arrived, followed by four days of cloudless sunny warm days and clear cold nights. Perfect weather!
Dave

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Best camping is after Labor day. Seems to be a different agenda among campers. Less loud drunks. More family friendly. Though folks are catching on. Getting harder to reserve on short notice here in Oregon atleast. Happy Trils
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)