Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fall Camping

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
Fall camping.....love it.

Leaving in about an hour on an overcast, windy and cold September day!

I have 3 nights reserved at Killbear Provincial Park......it was supposed to be a crew bonding weekend....myself and my 8 crew members....the last 2 guys bailed out 6 days ago....legitimate reasons. So they all bought me $60 worth of Stella beer.

I am determined to drink it and smoke my Cuban cigars.

And I'm bringing 3 books....Nobette might make an appearance Sat. night after work but for the most part......rest and BEER.
:):)
61 REPLIES 61

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
The "shoulder" seasons in Ontario are great!

We camp less in the summer now that the kids are grown and enjoy not having to fight the crowds.

Heading out next weekend.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to book one more "3 day weekend" probably after Canadian Thanksgiving. I should have my pick up waterfront sites, at that point.

I love fall camping!

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
#1nobby wrote:
Bear in the camp night #1 around 10:30 PM...scared the **** outta me. But I used an air horn in a can, a whistle and a bright flash light to scare the **** out of him!

Ain't called Killbear PP for no reason! :R Yeah, we humans are scaring them off for the most part ... but not always. :W Heck, we had a black bear wandering around Inverhuron PP last year. :E
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer
Piddlers wrote:
Pine Barren wrote:
We were supose to be up in Tenn. on Friday thru Tuesday at David Crockett state park but due to medical problem had to reschedule for first of November. Besides that we have a couple others scheduled for this year can't wait

We were actually on their website last night and looks like the Park will be undergoing a major renovation in Campground 2 beginning Jan. 2017 until August 2017.

Yes that is what I was told when I called and change my stuff. We were in campground 1 site 17 and it is under going some maintence work starting in November so we had to move to campground 2 and got site 87. Hopefully the weather will be nice the week of November 7

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
Well folks.....it was just what I needed. 3 days off of nothingness.

And believe it or not....it rained everywhere this weekend except in the area of the park. It got cloudy but never rained.

Bear in the camp night #1 around 10:30 PM...scared the **** outta me. But I used an air horn in a can, a whistle and a bright flash light to scare the **** out of him!

Walked behind my trailer at dusk of day 2 and that was it....no more sightings and no problems.

And I reserved a site but when I got there switched to a site in the non-reserve-able section....which meant the whole area was empty and quiet....you know....except for the bear!!!

Piddlers
Explorer
Explorer
Pine Barren wrote:
We were supose to be up in Tenn. on Friday thru Tuesday at David Crockett state park but due to medical problem had to reschedule for first of November. Besides that we have a couple others scheduled for this year can't wait

We were actually on their website last night and looks like the Park will be undergoing a major renovation in Campground 2 beginning Jan. 2017 until August 2017.

Pine_Barren
Explorer
Explorer

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
Left the day school started out here (September 7) and got back this past Thursday, 3 weeks. Black Hills & the Badlands and the North Dakota Badlands. Plenty of folks our age in all the campgrounds there and along the way, but no kids. The trees were turning. Very enjoyable.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

Jwall62
Explorer
Explorer
NH tomorrow for the week, looks like low 40's at night then off to the carribean on Saturday for a couple of weeks.
2016 Coleman 192 RDS
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Z71

micar
Explorer
Explorer
Heading to Cooperstown on the 12th, Hershey on the 14th. Home on the 17th to Winterize and tuck away until next year. Then get the sleds ready!!!
2014 Denali HD 3500 DRW
2017 Cougar 333MKS
Me and the Boss travelling in the wheel estate
Willow and Somer, the non retrieving Golden's....

Merrythought
Explorer
Explorer
Arrived in the Poconos yesterday and leave Monday for southern Vermont. Then on to the Adirondacks and Finger Lakes. Should get home mid October and leave in December for the beach in South Carolina.

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
mikakuja wrote:
Fall Camping..... Doesn't that include hunting???:B

Exactly why I'm getting ready for a 7 day trip!

Cdaddy
Explorer
Explorer
Just set up for the weekend in Pa. At Francis Slocum state park

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I love fall camping too. I rarely get to do it because I work on the farm and I'm in the field in the fall. But, when I can get out I love it. It is true that some of the things close down after Labor Day but, there are still things to do that are different.

I actually enjoy a nice swim in a brisk morning. The water stays warm for quite awhile after the temps start to go down. And, I have the whole beach to myself.

mikakuja
Explorer
Explorer
Fall Camping..... Doesn't that include hunting???:B