cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FCA Emissions Scandal Settlement

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks like Don will be seeing a check in the mail to the tune of $2,800.

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
17 REPLIES 17

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I always have liked how the finding of the "get around' software was found. Let it up to kids!

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I like smoked fish, fish on the grill, but ROAST FISH, IDK!

I think our forum Fish is a pretty knowledgeable truck guy, that enjoys some back/forth discussion, while mostly promoting his choice of TVs. Kind of like lots of other forum members. Personally, I enjoy many of GritDog's truck posts!

Jerry

Flashman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fishy actually defends the Ford 6.0 with a straight face.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Bionic Man wrote:
eflyersteve wrote:
He posted a link about them having to pay a settlement for cheating emissions qualifications. Not sure how any of that is on the OP?

Just about everyone that is a regular on the forum knows what his motives are.

He's a real jewel.

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
eflyersteve wrote:
He posted a link about them having to pay a settlement for cheating emissions qualifications. Not sure how any of that is on the OP?

Just about everyone that is a regular on the forum knows what his motives are.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
eflyersteve wrote:

No he posted this because he hates all things that are not Ford.
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Looks like Don will be seeing a check in the mail to the tune of $2,800.

Link

It will be $3,075 Tory, you should actually read the things you post! The only thing Ram (FCA's EPA Compliance Officer) did was not fully disclose what and when various emission controls were turned off and back on. The very same things your great and mighty Powerstroke and the Duramax and Cummins does. They ALL turn off the EGR under heavy loads and they all turn off the regen cycle when temp drop below freezing.

Don

No the 2017 and 2018 do not qualify. The 2018 Ecodiesel is still being sold to this day.
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

eflyersteve
Explorer
Explorer
2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 204RD
2011 F150 Super Crew FX4, 5.0L V8
Husky Centerline WD Hitch

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
They didn't do what VW did. VW turned on the emissions specifically when it sensed the test computer being plugged in. On the EcoDiesel, the emissions are on unless the engine is under heavy load. At least that's how I understood it.

Yep. But that doesnโ€™t fit the OPโ€™s narrative of bashing and trolling FCA.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
They started reselling them.
Wife has a 2018 Jeep GC ecodiesel.
Further googling came up with 2016 being latest model year that qualified.
My BIL has a 2014 Jeep GC, so he would qualify for the $3000+

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
NJRVer wrote:
So a 2018 qualifies??

Did Ram even sell a 2018 Ram EcoDiesel being they stopped production and didn't sell these for ~1 year?
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
So a 2018 qualifies??

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
They didn't do what VW did. VW turned on the emissions specifically when it sensed the test computer being plugged in. On the EcoDiesel, the emissions are on unless the engine is under heavy load. At least that's how I understood it.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Hammerhead
Explorer
Explorer
If you still own the vehicle like me, the payout should be $3,075 plus there is an extension on the warranty for at least some items.