cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford towing guide question for a F350 XL SC 6.7L 4X4 SRW

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
Good evening everyone, i don't know if this should be in the camper section section, so being a truck question here goes.
Researching and looking at the Hallmark Chuchara XL 9.5 full bed Popup camper for some off road camping, not extreme . It shows on the Hallmark site a Wet Weight of 2,850#, i am adding 800# just to be safe.
I am planning to own a Ford F-350 XL 6.7L SRW SC 4X4 4FX Off Road, the question is.
In the Ford Towing guide page for F-Series Pickup slide-in Camper it reads the following:
4X4 6.7L SRW Supercab wheel base 158.0" GVWR 11,100# Requires 10,000# GVWR Package option!, Ok that is fine. The Max Weight shown lists two Weights 2,869/1669 with option!. What do these two weights indicate combined weight= 4,538#, or am i reading it wrong.
Thank You for your input and it is appreciated.
Scott
US Navy Retired IC1(SW)USS Fletcher DD-992
7 REPLIES 7

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
I believe that truck is going to weigh in at closer to 8500 lbs :E
I also believe your payload will be 3000-3500 lb range.
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
Another question about the F-350, as stated above.
Is it better to order from the Factory through a dealer built how you would want it to be, like the XL. Then you add the options you want in the base truck that, starts cheaper like the XL stated. You'll be waiting for a while, but that is alright with me as long as i get what i want and need.
A lot of truck and cars come to the lot with a lot of added options you may not want, or not even use. So natually the price goes up accordingly for something you may not want in the first place.
Thank you for your input.
Scott

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
mbutts wrote:
My F350 has a sticker on the driver's door jamb with as-built payload listed. It is a separate sticker from the one with axle and tire info.

Thank You for the tip,
I'll check for the sepatate stcker from the one with the Tire and Axle Information.
Scott

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
Golden_HVAC wrote:
While it is possible to order a 10,000 GVWR, you do NOT want it, because it will reduce the GVWR of the truck. You probably will not find one anyway. It would have to be a special order to get the 10,000 GVWR - probably only when you need the reduced GvWR for some reason, such as needing to park on a residential street.

The F-350 supercab should have a curb weight around 7,000 pounds, so it should have a 4,100 pound cargo rating - give or take a few hundred pounds. You can look at a couple of the dealer's F-350's and see what their curb weight is.

Good luck with the new truck!

Fred.

Thank You for the advice,
That is good that i do not need the 10,000 GVWR package. I'll be checking the curb weight.
Thanks,
Scott

mbutts
Explorer
Explorer
My F350 has a sticker on the driver's door jamb with as-built payload listed. It is a separate sticker from the one with axle and tire info.
Mike Butts
DW+DD+DS+Poodles
2017 Forest River Forester 3011DS (first MH!)
Previously 1999 Coleman Santa Fe pop-up, 2007 Kodiak 23SS hybrid, 2013 Sunset Trail 29SS travel trailer

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
While it is possible to order a 10,000 GVWR, you do NOT want it, because it will reduce the GVWR of the truck. You probably will not find one anyway. It would have to be a special order to get the 10,000 GVWR - probably only when you need the reduced GvWR for some reason, such as needing to park on a residential street.

The F-350 supercab should have a curb weight around 7,000 pounds, so it should have a 4,100 pound cargo rating - give or take a few hundred pounds. You can look at a couple of the dealer's F-350's and see what their curb weight is.

Good luck with the new truck!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com