cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do you feel about people walking through your campsite?

Ruthless
Explorer
Explorer
166 REPLIES 166

VentureVan
Explorer
Explorer
When possible I park my vehicle to make walking thru more difficult and I also put my camp table and chairs in a position to block people from walking thru.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I find it annoying and rude.

What can you do about it? Basically nothing! If you say anything to them, you'll end up in pi@@ing contest and probably loose.

But ... if you have a dog that barks at everything that moves ... that may discourage them from coming through again ... especially if the dog is on a 10 foot leash.

gme3470
Explorer
Explorer
(How do I feel? Annoyed but resigned โ€“ often, people are newbies and don't have a clue how they are supposed to behave. And it's not my job to educate them, because many of them are drunk and grumpy.

Just another reason to boondock, despite the tremendous amount of extra work that it entails!)

We concur with your comment completely. Campgrounds are just a microcosm of society, and some people just haven't been taught common courtesy. BTW, great blog and pics!
2022 F350
Nash 25C

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't like it. Along with it being rude, there is a liability issue.
they trip, fall or our pet gets frightened and nips them... my fault?
They shouldn'the have been there in the first place.

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
rv2go wrote:
I don't like it. But, some CG's are laid out that to get to the bathroom/shower would require a long long walk.

And your point would be? :h

Ruthless
Explorer
Explorer
How do you handle it when someone walks through your campsite?

ls1mike
Explorer II
Explorer II
Eh, It is annoying, but I don't let it bother me. I am not out there to get upset.
Mike
2024 Chevy 2500HD 6.6 gas/Allison
2012 Passport 3220 BHWE
Me, the Wife, two little ones and two dogs.

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Not inn favor of it. Lack of respect & manners which is the new normal sadly. However if there is a direct route to the lake through my space and they ask I am fine with that. What really fry's my bacon is loud drunks who do not respect quiet time.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking of getting a paint ball gun and having target practice!!!

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
How do I feel? Annoyed but resigned โ€“ often, people are newbies and don't have a clue how they are supposed to behave. And it's not my job to educate them, because many of them are drunk and grumpy.

Just another reason to boondock, despite the tremendous amount of extra work that it entails!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree with the previous comments. People have no sense and no respect.

We are camping this weekend at a Jellystone park. We were in line for the zip-line, there was a young teenager throwing rocks at a larger rock... with a family sitting behind him. He had bad aim and almost hit the woman, who stood up and told him to stop. His parents turned around to see what was going on... then continued drinking their beer and ignoring their kid.

It happens all the time. People need to think and be a little more aware of their surroundings. Life would be better for everyone if a few more people realized that they aren't the only people in the world.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

FULLTIMEWANABE
Explorer
Explorer
Plain and simply: rude with no manners or common courtesy sense. Hmmm, come to think of it, unfortunately we are finding that sums up a large percentage of the population today in many areas of life (LOL). Nuff said.
It Takes No More Effort To Aim High Than To Aim Low - Reach For The Stars

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I don't like it. But, some CG's are laid out that to get to the bathroom/shower would require a long long walk.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
One of the fields I own is on a dirt road, a hay field that was just mowed. I saw a pickup parked there and a guy walking around outside. I stopped and asked him what he wanted and he said "I didn't think anybody owned this land"

Some people are very stupid.

Unfortunately, you can't fix rude/stupid.

I don't like people walking through our campsite.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
One of the fields I own is on a dirt road, a hay field that was just mowed. I saw a pickup parked there and a guy walking around outside. I stopped and asked him what he wanted and he said "I didn't think anybody owned this land"

Some people are very stupid.