cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How often do you buy new trailer?

Herd_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
We were having a conversation and this question was discussed. Just wondering....how often, on average, do you guys trade in/buy new trailers and why?
2017 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21 DS
2007 Dodge 2500 5.9L CTD, 4x4, quad cab
69 REPLIES 69

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
lawrosa wrote:
Thank you for being concerned about me.

This site is now SOOOO much better because of YOU.

Now go pat yourself on the back.... You deserve it.

Are you flaming me?

I dont think thats allowed in the rules.. Shouldnt you get a temperary suspension for that or get banned?

I did not direct my question to anyone directly and stated opinion only with regards to the content. And if you read the second post after that I did state this is a Q and A forum so I assume anything goes.....
Flaming you????

Why would I do that. You are just improving this site... And I thank you for it. Again.

Now if your arm should start to hurt. Just let us know... I bet we can offer many suggestions for a cure.
:B
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
Seems like every 2-3 years, enough bells and whistles are unveiled to make us curious enough to "just look". Every 2-3 years we take the bait!

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
Why is it always someone from NJ making my state look bad??

LOL.. because, we in NJ, live in corruption and high taxes.. The state looks bad from any angle IMO..

Ive been here all my life... I keep moving further south but it dont get any better. Once I hit Cape May I guess Ill have to jump off...:B
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
Why is it always someone from NJ making my state look bad??

I've enjoyed reading everyone's responses on this thread, even if there is no consensus. It is interesting to see what is important to others, even if it differs from your perspective. I would say the biggest reason I have moved up and on from previous RVs is because of need with a growing family, and then need for some options that make setup and towing easier as I get older. Even something as simple as a powered awning and an electric start water heater makes the RV life so much better for me.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer

Now go pat yourself on the back.... You deserve it.

Are you flaming me?

I dont think thats allowed in the rules.. Shouldnt you get a temperary suspension for that or get banned?

I did not direct my question to anyone directly and stated opinion only with regards to the content. And if you read the second post after that I did state this is a Q and A forum so I assume anything goes.....
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, I missed the question about coffee. My amount of coffee during the day? Well, as I asked my Doctor when he asked me (at my latest physical) "How many cups of coffee do you drink a day?", I asked him: "How big a cup of coffee are you talking about?"... I drink less now, but not too long ago it was basically one continuous cup throughout the day. Now I usually shut myself off after lunch.

(Oh, and I enjoy reading and responding to "stupid" threads - makes for interesting discussion, and also makes for an active forum in general. Absolutely no reason to lock this thread unless it goes off the deep end.)

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
lawrosa wrote:

Just trying to make this a better site is all and make members aware of their reply's to frivolous nonsense...

FYI all my opinion...

Now go pat yourself on the back.... You deserve it.:R
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Steve_B_
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my trailer since it was new in 2000. Love it, will keep it. Suits me fine and it's hard to find a small trailer with the features it has. It's paid for, best part.
No one forced me to read this thread by the way. Not sure why some people have to put down others on a community forum. If you're not interested in the question posted, or can't tolerate other's opinions then move on to another topic.
2000 Twister by Fifties Trailers,
2017 Honda Ridgeline
2003 Miniature Schnauzer, Meyer

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, we have had the same trailer, tow vehicle, and hitch for nine years; Tow vehicle might get replaced in the future.

I drink one cup of coffee per day; By actual measurement, it's really two cups. :C
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Bought one in late 1980s and one in 2012. Never bought a new one.

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
lawrosa, thank you for taking it upon yourself to decide which conversations are nonsense, as well as letting posters know when they are participating in such nonsense.

Thanks, everyone, for your replies...made for interesting reading.

Feel free to lock this thread, Mods.

Your welcome..
Mike L ... N.J.

Herd_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
lawrosa, thank you for taking it upon yourself to decide which conversations are nonsense, as well as letting posters know when they are participating in such nonsense.

Thanks, everyone, for your replies...made for interesting reading.

Feel free to lock this thread, Mods.
2017 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21 DS
2007 Dodge 2500 5.9L CTD, 4x4, quad cab

mhsmith
Explorer
Explorer
Had a used PUP I got from a friend in 97. Had it for a year. Started dating again and she likes camping. YES! We bought a '79, 29 ft TT. Had it for two years and still using the 32 ft. Sierra we bought new in 2001. I'm kinda thinking I am ready for a little more room with a newer TT, but wife still loves this one.

real4u2c
Explorer
Explorer
Partner, It depends on your needs and your budget. We just traded a new Rockwood for a used older Rockwood. We got a great deal steal, we are blessed enough to have jumped at the offer. I have many friends that vary in what and when they purchase. We needed space and convenience, 6 kids, 10 grandkids, 2 yorkies, and our teens friends, oh yeah, my fishing gear. And this one we plan to own till it is an antique, and by then our son will adopt it from us, lol. Just my thoughts!
Retired Marine with Retired Navy woman2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37 C, Workhorse p32 chassis, 8.1l gas engine.

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
sorry guess this is a General questions and answers forum so I assume anything goes???

My bad. I guess anything can be asked here regardless of the content...............
Mike L ... N.J.