cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to drain GW to sewer hose?

niftypkg
Explorer
Explorer
Sun Lite TC with rear sewer valve. I want to drain the GW from sink to sewer line near valve and keep the sewer line attached. What is the best method? I don't see any appropriate fitting. Any way to accomplish both?
10 REPLIES 10

northshore
Explorer
Explorer
On our Lance the shower was tied into the black tank, I removed that connection and the shower now drains with a hose, this sewer fitting is perfect to drain the shower when connected to sewer.

trailgranny50
Explorer
Explorer
Our Shadow Cruiser had no grey tank. The drain lines from the kitchen and bathroom sink and shower were routed to a single 2" line that in turn ran to the main 3" black drain. That connection was a 3" fitting With a 2" side "y". The black tank knife valve at the top dropping down to where the smaller grey line "y" came into it and the cap on the bottom of the whole thing. One had to be sure to open the garden hose cap on the main 3" fitting cap, or remove the entire 3" end cap and connect the sewer hose to allow the grey water to drain or it backed up into the shower pan. With the garden hose connected it could go into a blue boy or wherever. With the sewer hose connected it would drain wherever the big hose went. That being said, there was no knife valve on the small grey water line to prevent black water invading the grey line when dumping the black tank but that would be a minor fix as those valves are readily available. I fixed the whole issue by disconnecting the small line and routing it with a water fill line to the repurposed blue boy mounted under the truck where the spare tire was previously mounted. We put that up front on the bumper. I added a gate valve on the blue boy to drain it and it is accessible at the left rear fender below the bumper. It rides above the level of the exhaust pipe and rear differential, ample ground clearance. Be happy to send pics via private email as I've never mastered picture posting here.
2004 Chevy 3500 Duramax all stock
1990 950 Shadow Cruiser Hard side multiple add-ons
Ancient Valco 10'x5' John boat
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Team
One-eyed Trail Horse and one horse trailer
Rocky, Annie, Muffie traveling Fur Babies

starcraft69
Explorer
Explorer
All this talk about draining I need to go to the bathroom
2007 chevy 2500 HD 6.0 longbed
2015 Eagle HT 28.5 5th wheel
tucker the fishing dog

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
How does that fitting allow you to "drain the GW from sink to sewer line near valve and keep the sewer line attached?"

The way I interpret your request, you want to be able to drain the gray water into the sewer line (i.e. stinky slinky) while it is attached, presumably to the black drain of the camper.

This fitting allows you to drain the gray into a dump station.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grey Water.........

Hint ======drain sink
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on what is a GW?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
You guys are communicating better than me - I'm still trying figure out what a GW is... haha

Must be my coffee this morning...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

niftypkg
Explorer
Explorer
Found it Old-Biscuit. Angled RV Sewer Hose Adapter Thanks just what I needed. That's a relief. Great minds think alike. VV resident also.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
IF sink drain is via a garden hose........

Multi tiered sewer fitting simply press fits into sewer outlet for a fast and easy set up.
Self-threading, twist right onto you RV sewer hose. No hose clamps needed. Two piece design allows hose to remain attached for easy storage. ยพ" threaded connector for 2nd gray water tank Drip cap included.

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can you take a picture of what you have?