cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Interesting trip to say the least

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Ok so maybe its just not in the cards for me to have a "normal" road trip..

this was supposed to be a short mellow jaunt about two hours from the house

all my fishing gear stashed in the show of the dry bath

Heading out

Mandatory side trip to stock up on Bacon and Sausage

on the backroads of Californias central valley

at the Barn

getting the young filly ready to ride

just starting out

about 10 minutes later, Houston we have a problem

helmet did its job but Ruth has one sore butt

So we finally ended up at the lake after the side tip to the Doc just to make sure.

I hustled to get my gear together determined to get in even a few minutes of fly fishing with a bass popper

I hopped in the float tube and kicked across a finger of the lake to fish the reeds

The sunset out on the water was awesome

Although I didn't catch any fish I still whipped up a great dinner. Marinated Lamb Chops on brown rice served with a Kale salad with sliced pears, mango, apple, grapes, and cranberry's topped with a yogurt dressing

The next morning was crisp and clear

Jake enjoyed his breakfast while I had my coffee

Then we had our breakfast

you could see the snow capped Sierras from our site

The stacks of the decommissioned Rancho Seco nuclear power plant

heading out

Waiting on the train

having fun

SF Bay

Somewhere on the road after hitting big bump I lost all power to the lance, no running lights no brake or turn signals. so we stopped unhooked the tiedowns lifted the TC up on the jacks and I pulled a few feet forward. Yup the cord popped out of the socket, simple fix, plug it back in and reload.

I'm such a glutton for punishment, as is the wife that we are going back next weekend to do it again (without coming off and greaking a helmet)
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags
25 REPLIES 25

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
mike mck wrote:
Your fix was far less costly than my mishap last week. Always enjoy your trip reports. My meals never look like yours though. Could it be because they are made complete in the Microwave in under 3 min.?

I never use the microwave. I grew up cooking in restaurants, this stuff is easy.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

eagle777
Explorer
Explorer
know lockford sausage company well have to stock up at least every other month. thks for the pics, I was looking for a place close by to take the adventurer out for its first trip before the long ones this summer.
jack
Manteca, ca

mike_mck
Explorer
Explorer
Your fix was far less costly than my mishap last week. Always enjoy your trip reports. My meals never look like yours though. Could it be because they are made complete in the Microwave in under 3 min.?

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Looked like fun to me, horsey adventure not with standing. Do remind yer mate to remain on the saddle and off her helmet in the future. Flying is not part of the deal.

And have even more fun next weekend. Ya kinda owe it to those of us stuck at home due to cold/snow/etc. You are keeping the universe in balance here.

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the report....

.... one horsepower can be too much eh?

I read where some people "chip" to get more horsepower... were there any chips involved in this ride?

At least your wife had a great medic with her.

looking at my comments wakeing up in the middle of the night makes me silly.

I enjoyed the pictures... my legs got cold just thinking about the water where you were fishing.

sleepy
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
Got any leftovers??????? :B

Making me hungry.

Oh well, as they say, the worst day fishing beats the best day ------- (fill in as appropriate.)
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

othertonka
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like you stopped in Lockford for some sausage, YUMMY stuff. I can taste the bratwurst now. nice report. I have never done any good fishing at Rancho Seco but I used to do some wind surfing there.
Othertonka
2004 Southwind 32VS 8.1 Workhorse chassis
2002 CRV Toad
U. S. Gear Unified brake system
Retired Fire Captain, SFD

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear about your 'adventures'. Horses scare me. Anything that big that can get frightened by a stick and think it's a snake, well, it's just not a good idea to climb aboard is my thinking... (That happened to my brother's wife 4 years ago and she hasn't been back to work since.)

R.Seco Lake is a good fishery for bass. Next time, cross the dam, launch at the ramp and fish along the edge up to the dam. Focus on the last point and right at the dam where the rocks begin. I caught an 8+ pound bass there last year and have had great success in that area as well as along the dam face.

chevyman2
Explorer
Explorer
Yes please keep the pics comin in.
due to $$$ I had to put mine away late Aug. Looks like it may be June before I get her back out. Its all good though

Keep campin as often as you can.
Tim-DW(Kathy)
12 Chevy Sonic DD, 03 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE, 2001 Jayco KIWI
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream-then I am living the dream

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Nice little report for a quick trip. Thanks for taking us along. I agree with Beefie; every little bit helps this time of year!
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Beefie
Explorer
Explorer
Well just look at the bright side. You are still using your camper. Mine has been put away since the middle of November. Looking forward to april when the snow melts and I can get it back out again. Keep sending the pictures , keeps that itch to go camping fresh.

Beefie