cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is there such a thing as TT with a big kitchen & bunk beds?

scrapulous
Explorer
Explorer
It seems I can only find one or the other.

Ideally I would like a master bedroom that has some floor space (for a dog crate), a kitchen with counter space and plenty of cabinets, and 2 bunk beds. So far I can only ever find two out of three.

Is there one out there that has all of that?

Thanks!
26 REPLIES 26

Denlor
Explorer
Explorer
check out the Crossroads Zinger line. They have some of what you are looking for.

MandiC
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 Innsbruck by Gulfstream, it has a large open kitchen and slide out with double bunk beds, so if you are looking to buy, this is the one, model is 277ds, look it up, hope it helps.

jmaul
Explorer
Explorer
This Is What I Have

This Is A New Model

I like the new model, bit of a hybrid between mine and what alexleblanc posted prior, but you lose a wardrobe for the bunks. Big negative in my book.
2013 Viewfinder 28BHSS
2010 Ford F150 Screw 4x4, 5.4L / 3.73 Max Tow
Reese Dual-Cam, Integrated Brake Contoller

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Guess this depends how just how much TT you're prepared to tow. Rockwood Ultra Lite 2909SS might work for you. The kitchen area shown in the floorplan doesn't look huge, but the counterspace is excellent and has a good size area behind the stove and sink space....same kitchen as we had in our ROO 23SS. Dog crate is a variable.....Chihuahua or Great Dane?? Lots of bunk space in the rear and you might be able to mod something for the crate in there. Take a peek on RV Wholesalers. They show the floorplan and also interior pictures. This is our second Rockwood product and we've been pleased with fit and finish and no problems. RVW sells many manufacturers so you can do lots of shopping online. If you like something you see, suggest you request a price quote....they will email it to you. They're in Lakeview, OH, but they will arrange delivery or you can turn it into a mini-vacation and pick it up there. We saved over $4000 on our ROO and more on our new TT.

Actually, in looking at the pictures, the center part of the TT is pretty much the same as our ROO. While the bunkends opened on each end of the HTT, this has the same look and feel with the becroom areas already there. We found it to be a really comfortable camper and easy to live with. I do miss the kitchen space in our new TT, the 2604, but I'm just learning to do things differently and it's working out. What we lost in kitchen space, we gained in living area and bathroom.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

APT
Explorer
Explorer
Something with a master bed slide should have space for a dog crate. Keystone Outback 301?
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure any of these models have floor space for a dog crate in the bedroom area.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
ours is probably the closest to the layout you're looking for, but be warned, its 3/4 or 1 ton territory with this layout - on a separate note, I really like how my F250 tows this TT compared to my previous F150 EB. ๐Ÿ˜›

TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

Cecilt
Explorer
Explorer
linchat wrote:
Cecilt wrote:
We just bought this 2 weeks ago. Love the floor plan and it has plenty of room.

Outback 323BH

LOVE THAT MODEL! I ended up with passport that I liked but chose that for weight reasons. Loved that outback. Think had about 4" or so more head room.

It does have an extra 4" of head room.

DarylSue
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco JayFlight 28BHBE.......decent size kitchen area with double over double bunks and a large bathroom also!
Daryl/Sue, part time kids and 2 GC

2013 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE
2012 Chevy Silverado CC 4x4
w/HD tow pkg.
Voyager BC
Reese Dual Cam/WD

scrapulous
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your suggestions. I love them all. It seems if we want both a large kitchen and bunk beds, we will need a new or nearly new TT. Not sure that is going to happen, because we also have to buy a towing vehicle. This will be our first TT, so we don't have a proper vehicle yet. Which is a whole other can of worms!

linchat
Explorer
Explorer
Cecilt wrote:

Outback 323BH

LOVE THAT MODEL! I ended up with passport that I liked but chose that for weight reasons. Loved that outback. Think had about 4" or so more head room.

Cecilt
Explorer
Explorer
jspence1 wrote:
Cecilt wrote:

Outback 323BH

My wife really likes that model, my only issue with it is if someone sleeps on the sofabed you can't access the bathroom. If you don't mind me asking what other trailers did you look at before deciding on that one. I'm really struggling to find one I love.

My wife LOVES this camper. We had a 2012 double slide 8312SS Rockwood Signature UltraLight for 3 years before trading it in on the 323BH. No camparison in how they fell in terms of openness, space, private bedroom, access to bathroom from bedroom, stand up shower, kitchen island etc. In our 3 years with the Rockwood we used the blow up mattress once so this type of factor did not weigh in our decision. I also think you could have it blown up and acces the bathroom. I have not tested it but I think there is enough room to open the door and get inside.

When we decided to sell the Rockwood in August we only looked online at the kitchen slide out with 1-2 slides on the curb side. The 323BH was the only one with a single superslide giving it a completely different feel than the others. Hands down the best layout. We don't have access to a lot of dealers so we seareched the internet. Did walk in a Jayco but it was 37' long and looking back at pics had a lot of takeaways the Outback did not. The only complaint is I wish they had placed the vanity higher in the batroom or made a bigger bowl. A little small for me.

shutdown
Explorer
Explorer
http://tomjohnsoncamping.com/Page.aspx/diid/7443018/list/InventoryList/pageId/30553/view/Details/2011-Forest-River-SIERRA-303BH.aspx

we have one just like it. LOVE IT. Slightly better built than some others.

Goldstalker
Explorer
Explorer
The Dung Beetles wrote:
Goldstalker wrote:
Check out this line.

http://www.crossroadsrv.com/sunset-trail/reserve/floorplans/travel-trailers

Ohhh I liked the 25' one! Might have to see these in person!!

Thanks!

No problem! We love ours it has been great.
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4X4 3.73
2013 CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite 250RB
2-2012 Yamaha VX Deluxe
2012 Toyota Highlander