cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

Carolina_Campe1
Explorer
Explorer
I routed my cable through the off air antenna and brought it through the entertainment console. Turns out I didnt' need it as they just installed a 4G tower less than a mile from where I camp. Go figure.

Good luck.

Ricos Ride wrote:
Does anyone have any idea how hard it is to remove the refrigerator from the enclosure? I need to route a Cat5 cable to the roof for my mobile amplified Internet antenna. I am thinking of routing it thru the refrigerator roof vent then into the pantry closet and setting up my router on the top shelf. I am also assuming there would be 120V outlet for the refrigerator I could tap into for power.

Morrow_d
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
I just bought a 2012 "used" 31BHPR. Going to get it May 17!

It will be stationary most of the time, but I plan to rent a 2500 RAM once a year to go out for a week.

Anyway...

I was wondering what people bought for the exterior carpet. I'm wondering if I should get one that goes from the outdoor kitchen all the way to the front door (25 feet long x 9 feet???), or get 2 individual ones...

Thanks!

FiveOJoe
Explorer
Explorer

Ricos_Ride
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any idea how hard it is to remove the refrigerator from the enclosure? I need to route a Cat5 cable to the roof for my mobile amplified Internet antenna. I am thinking of routing it thru the refrigerator roof vent then into the pantry closet and setting up my router on the top shelf. I am also assuming there would be 120V outlet for the refrigerator I could tap into for power.
2012 Keystone Bullet Premier 29RTPR
2004 Chevy Avalanche 1500 Z71
Andersen WD hitch
Tekonsha Prodigy P3
Progressive Industries EMSHW30C Surge Protector
MaxxFan Ventillation Fan
WiFiRanger GO with Mobile amplified antenna
TireTraker TPMS
Rico, my Havanese Dog

Ricos_Ride
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a hard wired surge protector this weekend.(Progressive Industries EMSHW30C $253 @ Amazon) It was actually a pretty simple task and only took an hour or so. For those interested these are the steps I took.

First you have to locate the junction box where the power cable ties into the inside wiring. Look for where the 30 amp cable enters the RV on the outside and it should be opposite that inside.On my 29RTPR this is in the middle of the back wall. Pull all the cable out so you will have working space inside the enclosure. Inside I found a panel with 2 screws behind the right center cabinet door below the TV. You will need a S2 square head driver to remove the screws. The box was directly behind the panel. Loosen 2 screws on the jct. box top and remove the cover. The screws that hold the clamps and the junction box to the floor are also S2.

Cut the black tape off to reveal the connections. Unscrew the wire nuts and pull each cable out of the box. The metal clamp is easy to remove after backing off on the screws but I had to cut the plastic clamp with a serrated knife in a couple places to get it to release. A Dremel tool with cut off wheel would have been a big help but mine was at work ๐Ÿ˜ž If you remove the two black cable clamps you can pull the box far enough out of the cabinet to make it easier to work on.

The wires are already stripped the right length for installing in the surge protector, but you will have to crimp connectors onto the ground wires. You can probably get by with pliers for this but I had a wire crimping tool which does a better job. Here's a photo of inside the surge protector after wiring is connected. The installation guide has a picture showing what the box should look like so it's easy to match the wiring
\

Here is what the finished job looks like.

I drilled a 1/2 inch hole in the right front corner of the shelf to feed the data cable for the indicator. I decided to mount mine on the door as I have an oversized TV that pretty much covers the TV console area. The indicator cycles between Voltage in, amps used and error code (E-0) by default = no error.

2004 Chevy Avalanche 1500 Z71
Andersen WD hitch
Tekonsha Prodigy P3
Progressive Industries EMSHW30C Surge Protector
MaxxFan Ventillation Fan
WiFiRanger GO with Mobile amplified antenna
TireTraker TPMS
Rico, my Havanese Dog

carjocky
Explorer
Explorer
Just take your time and go as slow as you need to to get comfortable with it. We run into problems when we are worring about everyone else around us making rush or feeling we are in the way. Just do your thing and you will be fine.
Jon
Ohio
2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 1500 5.7 Hemi

MamaLisa
Explorer
Explorer
I've been here for 6 years on and off. Mostly lurking. My hubby and I are picking up our 2013 bullet premier 31bhpr tomorrow. Super excited but also nervous to have such a large TT. I am the main driver as hubby still can't get the hang of parking. Must be because he's Polish. LOL. We had a 20ft Northwood BH for 5 seasons and loved it but it is just too small for us and our two growing daughters. I've read through all the posts since the first premier and have learned a great deal. I'll try to keep posting.

kirklandsc
Explorer
Explorer
talonguy wrote:
kirklandsc wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum and buying my first travel trailer. I have tent camped for years and my grandparents had TT's and I have been recently with friends who have a pop-up.
My wife and I have been searching for about a year now and we finally decided to go with a 2013 Keystone Premier 31BHPR. We looked at so many and it came down to a 2012 Palomino T-291, 2013 Solaire 317 BHSK, 2013 Keystone Outback (with queen bed slider in back) and the 31BHPR.
My tow rig is a 2011 CC Nissan Titan SV 4x4. I have Bilstein Shocks, Nitto Terra Grappler e rated tires, Magnaflow muffler, and Volant cold air intake. I am getting a programmer this week. I normally tow a 25' deck boat about every weekend from spring to fall. My boat is right around 6500lbs loaded with water, fuel and gear, and the truck tows it great.
I think I should be fine towing this camper, as it will be mainly used spring through fall at our lake property. I will only be towing around 20 miles round trip on fairly flat roads. But I plan to venture out to some campgrounds later this year.
Any advice and tips for a newbie would be appreciated and I look forward to being a part of this forum.

You'll get a lot of feedback on what type of truck it takes to pull this trailer. I think most replies will be on the conservative side, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I have the exact same trailer you speak of in your post. It's about 6300 lbs unloaded. I tow it with a 2005 F-150 (2x4, SuperCrew, 5.4L, 3.73 rear end, Equal-i-zer WD hitch (1000 lb distribution bars) throughout Florida. There are times I wish I had more power, however it is a stable tow at 60-65 MPH yielding about 8-9 MPG. My main concern is payload. With my trucks' payload of 1600 lbs and a hitch weight of about 900 lbs (including the actual weight of the hitch), I have very little margin for extras in the truck after loading the the four of us (550 lbs). You'll have to make sure your WD hitch is set up properly.

If you have experience towing a 6500 lb boat with no problems, and plan on towing it the distance and terrain you speak of, you won't have any major problems. There will be times you wish you had more power, but with an easy-does-it attitude, you'll have no problem.

Well I picked up my camper today. I had to pull it thru rush hour traffic and then about 35 miles of 4 and 2 lane mix. I have to say the Titan pulled it like a champ. I think the camper pulls a lot better than my boat. I never got over 60mph, but I could hold that speed up some pretty good hills. I got passed by some semis and had no sway problems. Now I am ready to go camping.
2013 Keystone Bullet Premier 31 BHPR
2013 Ford F-250 Supercrew 4x4 6.2L gasser (10,000GVWR)

Pool
Explorer
Explorer
I have pics but have been too busy to add to photo sharing site then load here.

Pool
Explorer
Explorer
You can take some stains and mix with a "natural" stain to change shade. I use minwax stain mostly.

alanhalbert
Explorer
Explorer
I had to cut an acces hole for the plumbing under the bathroom sink have cut a piece to go over it and I am wanting to stain it the same color as the rest of the wood. I am haveing a real hard time getting it the same. Have tried 4 different stains that look like they match up at lowes then when get home and try a little I am off on the color.

Pool
Explorer
Explorer
What wood are you staining? I used ipswitch pine for cedar bed rails. Good match

alanhalbert
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know the color of stain that is in the premier? I am having a hard time matching it up.

Pool
Explorer
Explorer
I was thinking like a sudden burst of gas in there causing that.

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
Pool wrote:
mom2countrykids wrote:
Our gas/electric refrigerater has decided not to work except when it wants. It is parked and plugged in. We discovered it wasnโ€™t working about 2 weeks ago. Then next time we checked it was cold again. Now it has become a daily check. One day it is cold, the next warm. The only thing happening is someone going in and opening the door and feeling. Anyone have any ideas?

Yellow powder in the exterior vent now could actually be pollen in Texas this time of year. We have had a few warm days and cool nights lately. Is the A/C keeping the TT constant temp inside? Curiously following this post because I thought mine possibly doing the same thing. I have a temp gage inside fridge and know what setting the fridge will cool down to.

When I had the yellow powder it was very concentrated in one area as if it fell out of an hour glass. (Does that even make sense? Haha) it wasn't widespread the way pollen coats everything.
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0