cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Bullet Premier

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously looking at buying a 31BHPR. It pretty much has everything we are looking for in a TT, the only cons we can think of with it is, it has curtains instead of solid doors for the bedroom and bunkhouse....that's about it.

Maybe because this one is so new, But i'm having a hard time finding any reviews or testimonials about them.

This is our first TT, i've rented a couple times and that makes us realize we want our own, we've been researching for months and have narrowed it down to this one.

Is there anyone out there that has any experience with the Bullet line that can give me their opinions?

Thanks!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab
2010 Bullet Premier 31BHPR
1,884 REPLIES 1,884

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
I pull my 31BHPR with my '09 Silverado 1/2 ton. I think it does a great job towing it even through the hills. I recently moved from Kansas to Florida and was packed way heavier than on a normal camping trip. Did great all the way down, of course there are no rocky mountains on that route but I don't htink you will be disappointed with a newer 1/2 ton truck. Especially with the little amount you said you would tow it.
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
Friend of mine pulls a 2011 303RKS Lacrosse trailer with his Ford 150 with eco-boost. He doesn't go through the mountains AT ALL!!
He drove through the mountains in Virginia and white knuckled it all the way. Engine was screaming going up hill and he was on the brakes down hill.
He now travels through the Midwest and to Florida each winter.

Be careful..
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

Morrow_d
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to both of you, I really appreciate the feedback!

Carolina_Campe1
Explorer
Explorer
I pull mine with a 2012 F150 Ecoboost. It also has the MaxTow and MaxPayload. Haven't pulled through the mountains, but have had NO issues anywhere else.

Morrow_d wrote:
Anyone of you pulling the 31BHPR trailer with a 1/2 truck?

I looked at the possible numbers on the F-150 with either the V8 or Ecoboost with Max tow, and I would have about 1700# payload capacity if I don't take too much extra fancy gadget, which I don't really plan on doing and 9500#ish tow.

This is for an FX-4 with Max tow only. If I put the HD payload, I get to I assume around 2100 ish when calculating options (2300 on brochure for max payload vs 1900ish on brochure for max tow)

So my calculations are as follow:
Trailer + WD height weight = around 1100#.
That leaves me with 600# (225+120+50+30 family weight right now = 420) let's say they grow up to be 125 pounds each in the next 10 years... ๐Ÿ˜‰ that brings me to roughly 1700#.

I don't expect to have much in the truck, as I rented a F-250 this year to travel and we didn't have much in the truck.

So, I might be a bit tight with the Max Tow, but I would definately be of as per the ratings with the Max Payload.

I know it'll be a bit rougher than with the F-250, but I'm usually pulling 1 or twice a year for about 600 miles total.

So if I can save on the truck a little while still being under the rating, I would go with the F-150. And it seems like I would be able to, but for some reason I'm not convinced...

I don't plan to change my 31BHPR for anything bigger (obviously) for the next 10 years, so Fifth-wheel is not necessairly something to take into consideration.

so basically, if some people here pulls their 31BHPR with an F-150 builded to pull and have no issue, it think it would really clear my mind.... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks!
Morrow

Crawfordville
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 Premier 32BHPR and we pull it with a 1/2 ton Chevy Silverado quad cab - V8.

Morrow_d
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone of you pulling the 31BHPR trailer with a 1/2 truck?

I looked at the possible numbers on the F-150 with either the V8 or Ecoboost with Max tow, and I would have about 1700# payload capacity if I don't take too much extra fancy gadget, which I don't really plan on doing and 9500#ish tow.

This is for an FX-4 with Max tow only. If I put the HD payload, I get to I assume around 2100 ish when calculating options (2300 on brochure for max payload vs 1900ish on brochure for max tow)

So my calculations are as follow:
Trailer + WD height weight = around 1100#.
That leaves me with 600# (225+120+50+30 family weight right now = 420) let's say they grow up to be 125 pounds each in the next 10 years... ๐Ÿ˜‰ that brings me to roughly 1700#.

I don't expect to have much in the truck, as I rented a F-250 this year to travel and we didn't have much in the truck.

So, I might be a bit tight with the Max Tow, but I would definately be of as per the ratings with the Max Payload.

I know it'll be a bit rougher than with the F-250, but I'm usually pulling 1 or twice a year for about 600 miles total.

So if I can save on the truck a little while still being under the rating, I would go with the F-150. And it seems like I would be able to, but for some reason I'm not convinced...

I don't plan to change my 31BHPR for anything bigger (obviously) for the next 10 years, so Fifth-wheel is not necessairly something to take into consideration.

so basically, if some people here pulls their 31BHPR with an F-150 builded to pull and have no issue, it think it would really clear my mind.... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks!
Morrow

coobrey
Explorer
Explorer
CampinEarls wrote:
Would you mind sharing the item number for those LED lights?

The Amazon # is B009DRKQ1Y

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
Would you mind sharing the item number for those LED lights?

Talking about the tub leaking out a little and stuff...
I've seen water on the floor of the bathroom below that plastic cover after the shower has been used several times, I just figured it was water running around the top edge of the tub and running down the outside in that corner since I'm a little nose high (and usually am so the AC drains off the back of the TT) yesterday I noticed it was worse but the outside of that corner wasn't wet so I got to looking. Both edges of the tub behind the surround tapers down and leaves a couple inches without the tub protruding up behind the surround. I sealed those sections with some silicon and had my flashlight looking around the edge of the tub where the surround meets the tub, in the front right I noticed some little pieces of plastic behind the surround in the corner so I used a screw driver to move those and saw the tub was cracked in that corner! So the water was on top of the tub running to that corner and through the crack/broken corner and down below the tub. The water could be seem seeping below the wall in the hallway where the tub meets the wall as well. So I squirted about a quarter tube of silicon under there and used a spatula to stick under there to squish the sealant into the crack. I removed that cover and I could see where it was broken and I could see the sealant squeezing through so I know I got it sealed good.

Just something to check for if anyone sees water on the floor and don't know exactly where it's coming from!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

coobrey
Explorer
Explorer
Here are a few upgrades that I have done to my 31bhpr

1.) Installed an electronic ignitor for the stovetop. I couldn't believe that in 2013 a trailer wouldn't come with one. Anyway, the entire kit was less than $20 from Walmart (I had to find my own screw/nut/washer)

2.) LED Ceiling lights. At $6.95 from Amazon, it would cost a bit to do the entire ceiling, but at 1/20th the power consumption I can turn on all 6 ceiling lights for way less than just one that they are replacing. I had other's look at the lights and they could not tell the difference between the LED and original while they were both installed in nearby lights.

3.) Wireless LED lights for pantry. Entire package for 6 pack of wireless puck LED lights, wireless controller and all of the AAA batteries were $30 at Costco. We can now see everything on the 5 shelves and the one cabinet below.

4.) Strengthened support. By the clothes hamper shoot, there is an area that has just the THIN wood covering. It's the area where the water pump is located. I took that piece of thin wood off, traced it onto some 1/2" plywood, then stained the edge and reinstalled it. Now an adult can kneel on it while crawling into/out of bed.

gtsum
Explorer
Explorer
nice looking lights!
2015 Fuzion 345 Chrome
2014 Ram Megacab 3500 CTD Laramie

CampinEarls
Explorer
Explorer
Now that's a good way to do it!
Good job!
I still haven't installed mine, I think I will copy you!
2009 Chevy Z71 CrewCab

pyro383
Explorer
Explorer
LED Lighting for the awning

I had posted about a month back regarding anyone who had used LED lighting for their awning. Below is what I have recently installed for a descent price.

On ebay I purchased this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5M-5050-RGB-SMD-LED-Waterproof-Flexible-Strip-300-LEDs-44-Key-IR-Remote-/180992529478?pt=US_Car_Lighting&hash=item2a23fed446

from seller: katewu20152011

This was perfect for the 17' awning. Shipping was incredibly fast and it cost $22 for my strip and then I purchased telephone wire (which has 4 wires in the white sleeve.

I mounted the control box inside my front storage hatch. Connected power from my light to a leftover power cord that I had clipped the end. After the control box I had to splice the wires to the telephone cable, routed the wire thru the drilled out wall, ran the wire (siliconed in place) up the awning arm (to hide much of the wire, spliced the wire to the LED strip and ran it right under the awning (this protects it from most of the elements). The strip has 3M backing but I still laid a thin bead of clear silicone to prevent any failure. I also siliconed all the connections and also the tail.

I ran the ir leg thru my side marker light and siliconed both sides of the pass thru. This allows easy control and does not hinder distance (I have hit it from over 20'). The controller is a 44 key unit. I have included some of the colors. You can control the brightness also and the pure white is extremely bright.

2005 F-150 King Ranch
2010 Keystone Outback 312BH

pyro383
Explorer
Explorer
Doug33 wrote:
pyro383 wrote:
For the tub, I picked up from Home Depot, tub guards. They self stick but I siliconed them to the tub and they have a clip to hold the shower curtain. No one should be caulking the bottom of the tub wall as it locks in the moisture and will create more problems.

Magic American
Splash Guard with Clips in White

Model # SG226T $4.99

Do they make it harder to get in/out of the tub?

No, I didn't find it to be troublesome.
2005 F-150 King Ranch

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
pyro383 wrote:
For the tub, I picked up from Home Depot, tub guards. They self stick but I siliconed them to the tub and they have a clip to hold the shower curtain. No one should be caulking the bottom of the tub wall as it locks in the moisture and will create more problems.

Magic American

Model # SG226T $4.99

Do they make it harder to get in/out of the tub?
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

pyro383
Explorer
Explorer

Magic American

Model # SG226T $4.99
2005 F-150 King Ranch