cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lance 1062 - Shower Drain to Gray or Black Water?

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone have a 1062 and can tell me if the shower drains to the black water tank or the gray water tank?

Thanks for any help,
Brad
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos
24 REPLIES 24

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
S Davis wrote:
I think host drains the kitchen and bathroom sinks into the black tank as they are in the drivers side slide with the toilet.

Which models?

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
I think host drains the kitchen and bathroom sinks into the black tank as they are in the drivers side slide with the toilet.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Can't imagine shower draining into black.
In the camper black tank last for several days, when I can fill grey tank daily.
That said, I hate "slinky stinky" hose and prefer to use Sewer Solution. The gray tank is open all the time and at the end of the stay with hookup, I connect water pressure to drain black tank.
I heard about some motor-homes having one of the sinks draining into black tank, but that was due the distance of needed piping and the tanks were huge to start with.
30 years of RVing and never had black tank pyramid. But I always like to use lot of water with #2

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dennis12 wrote:
If its in your black tank, call your lawyer. That is against the law. Seriously doubt it is in the black tank. Empty both grey and black tanks. Leave grey tank valve open. Have someone run the shower and ill bet the water comes out the grey water dump.

I haven't bought it yet. Actually, it ain't even been built yet.
Wake Up America

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dennis12 wrote:
. . . Empty both grey and black tanks. Leave grey tank valve open. Have someone run the shower and ill bet the water comes out the grey water dump.

This ^
Some of the older Eagle Caps had the bathroom sink empty into the black tank. The supposed purpose of that is to keep a little water in the black tank. I've often dumped the black and forgot to put any water in it - or later couldn't remember if I put water in or not.
The gray tank always fills up soonest. It might actually help to divert some sink (but not the shower) water into the black tank.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
I have had three RV's that the shower drained into the black tank..My currant Lance does just that!

For those that have had them,I think it is a good thing..It keeps the dreaded pyramid to non existent and goes a long way on controlling odor.

As to the new 1062 shower draining into the black tank,I would be really surprised if it did being a new modern unit.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
If its in your black tank, call your lawyer. That is against the law. Seriously doubt it is in the black tank. Empty both grey and black tanks. Leave grey tank valve open. Have someone run the shower and ill bet the water comes out the grey water dump.
Dennis Hoppert

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
gitpicker2009 wrote:
I have an Arctic Fox myself, but I can't imagine why a shower would drain to a black tank. Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of 2 separate tanks?

Among some other brands, some Snow River TC's did. IIRC, it was a Canadian Gov't requirement or something like that.
Wake Up America

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
gitpicker2009 wrote:
I have an Arctic Fox myself, but I can't imagine why a shower would drain to a black tank. Doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of 2 separate tanks?

Manufacturers have done it before just for ease of manufacturing.
I always verify this before purchase.

Kinda lousy huh?

gitpicker2009
Explorer
Explorer