cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for TC Coffee Maker

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a Truck Camper Coffee Maker. What's everyone using? Wife isn't into French Press. Curious to see what others use with limited counter space.
42 REPLIES 42

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
We also use stove top perculators-though I dont perk. Just boil 10 cups of water in old 20 cup pot, pour it into sst thermos, set basket with 7 scoops of coffee into pot, pour water thru coffee. Have to tap basket occasionaly. when drained slowy pull out basket set in sink. Let pot stand for a minute-slowly pour coffee into thermos with enough left over for a fresh cup- perfect. Repeat late afternoon.

I make Margarets, hers is small, 8 cups to 3 scoops. She uses a glass thermos bottle caraf-same procedure. She say its good I duuno-I use whats left in her pot to rinse mine.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

idaho_camper
Explorer
Explorer
We are boon dockers. Usually (prefer to) camp away from civilization. But we LOVE our coffee. Here's what we use. I love sitting in a folding chair by a stream in the morning light with the soft rumble of the propane coffee maker running in the background. It seems to heighten the caffeine anticipation.

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Portable-Propane-Coffeemaker-Stainless/dp/B004E4AVPW

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
I use the Atomic Coffee Machine. No power required, stovetop. Comes close to making true espresso, and does a reasonable job of steaming milk.

Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
We use a percolator. No shore power needed, no generator needed, no inverter needed, and it doesn't take up any counter space, we pour the coffee into a thermos when done.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
dubob wrote:
bobndot wrote:
I love my coffee and as shown in the coffee thread , i love this simple thing. They are offered on line at many locations.
We use the Melitta's . All you have to do is boil water in a pot/kettle and pour it into the cone, it drips just like an electric one. When we have guests, we use the 8-10 cup model with the large filter. When fishing alone, i use the single cup model with #2 size filter. ( any filter will really work ) 8 cup non powered drip

single cup size
We currently use either a Mr. Coffee electric 12 cup or heat up water and use instant by the cup. Iโ€™m now thinking that the Melitta 8-cup pour over with thermal carafe (to keep it hot longer) would be a very good option to replace both methods and take up less storage space to boot. Thanks for the tip Bob.๐Ÿ™‚

That's exactly what i just did on my last trip when i took my nephews fishing. Any thermal carafe will work just fine. Glad to be of help.
Bob

dubob
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
I love my coffee and as shown in the coffee thread , i love this simple thing. They are offered on line at many locations.
We use the Melitta's . All you have to do is boil water in a pot/kettle and pour it into the cone, it drips just like an electric one. When we have guests, we use the 8-10 cup model with the large filter. When fishing alone, i use the single cup model with #2 size filter. ( any filter will really work ) 8 cup non powered drip

single cup size
We currently use either a Mr. Coffee electric 12 cup or heat up water and use instant by the cup. Iโ€™m now thinking that the Melitta 8-cup pour over with thermal carafe (to keep it hot longer) would be a very good option to replace both methods and take up less storage space to boot. Thanks for the tip Bob.๐Ÿ™‚
Bob Hicks, from Utah :C
Iโ€™m 71 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
โ€œFree men don't ask permission to bear arms.โ€
โ€œBe who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter donโ€™t mind.โ€

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Press.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II

single cup size

recycler
Explorer
Explorer
i'll be using one of these and instant coffee

http://www.roadproonthego.com/store/p/233-12-Volt-Beverage-Heater.aspx
1999 F550 truck conversion

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Zero counter space. :B

No electricity, no hook ups, no problem.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Stainless-Steel-Cool-Touch-Coffee-Pots/732498.uts?Ntk=AllProd...
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

Possilian
Explorer
Explorer
We use a hamilton beach single serve scoop unit. Uses regular coffee grinds and it is quick. If there is no 110v we use a perk style over the range.

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
An electric Mr. Coffee 4 cup machine. Simple, doesn't take up a lot of space. Goin' strong for 8-9 years now.
RVn Full-time

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Coffee thread
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman