cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT tire? Uniroyal Laredo

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
I have been eyeing up the uniroyal lareado cross country tour tires for my 2006 silverado..

These are 265 70 17.. Upon looking online I assumed these were LT tires as that size has no P in the designation..

Went to tire store to get a price as I see these online for 126$ a tire. Thats the cheapest I found with free shipping..

Well the tire store guy busted my bubble and informed me these are P rated tires.. I did not have any info on me to rebut his claims but now I am second guessing..

Im not a tire ologist and am trying to figure this out...

They are a 44 psi tire with a 2436 capacity.

Here is a PDF and all the data I can find..

Any help is appreciated...

https://www.smetzertire.com/Portals/108/Skins/UNIROYAL%20DATA%20BOOK%202014.pdf
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh
18 REPLIES 18

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
X3 Discount tire. Got manufacturer rebate plus discount tire rebate with the last two sets of four tires I bought.
BTW had a set of of four Uniroyal Laredos that were around 30 years old on a hay hauling flatbed trailer that were still going strong when I sold the trailer two years ago.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
+1 for Discount Tire. Get the right tires and pay them off in 6 to 9 months interest free on their charge account. Wait for a holiday weekend and get more rebates both from Discount Tire and the manufacturer. Goodyear rebate is $80 on four. DT is often another $40 and maybe a bonus for opening the charge account.

blt2ski
https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/pathfinder-sport-s-at/p/17959
Look at these tires. Yes the ones linked are a SL rated P metric. They come in an E rated too. Not sure about C rated. I've had a set for 20K miles on my rwd C2500. Carry loads well, work well on dry pavement, rain. Not the best in snow, but where I am, i throw a set of chains on the rear, I'm doing well! IIRC they are made by Khumo for Discount Tire as a truck style SUV tire.

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
There you go lawrosa. That’s exactly what I’m talking about. Stock size takeoff tires are dime a dozen and a good value.
I’d offer him a buck fiddy to help him get them out of his garage!
I’ll qualify this with needing to inspect the tires.....and the seller, lol. But it’s typical for owners of new trucks to ditch the factory tires in favor of bigger or more aggressive tires. I don’t put much stock in tire warranties, or most warranties but tires in particular.
Like this deal you posted. Even if you shred one or something, you have an extra tire.
In 30 years of driving, aside from jobsite punctures, I’ve had precious few blowouts or ruined tires and so far, those that I did lose wouldn’t have had any warranty anyway.

However I don’t buy used trailer tires.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
See if your local tire guy, as in an independent and not a chain store, carries or can get from his distributor Mastercraft Courser. They have 3 or 4 different tread patterns, will be an E, and will be the best bang for your buck. They're a division of Cooper.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Explorer II
Explorer II
I recently bought four Bridgeport Dueler LTH load rating E. They are 80psi max but I run all four at 35psi unloaded and 40psi front and 50psi rear while towing. They will never see 80psi while I own them. They run smooth and quiet. I'm pleased with them so far.

My son had them on his 4-Runner and he was pleased with them. That's why I chose them.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
lawrosa, you can air a load E tire to whatever you want. Don't have to run 80 psi, but if you do, it's ok. Your rims aren't going to explode.
Seems like you're on a serious budget for these tires.
If so, 2 words. Craigslist or Amazon.
The only tires I haven't bought used off CL in the last 10 + years were new off Amazon. There's some deals on both.
Heck, if you weren't so far away, I got a perfectly good set of 255-17s from my work truck sitting outside you could have.
But seriously, check out CL. You can probably find a new or almost new set for $100 a piece or less.

Good idea..Never thought of that... I got a text to this guy... I hope its 5 tires for $200....LOL...

He is an hour from me...

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/wto/d/bridgestone-dueler/6465088967.html
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
lawrosa, you can air a load E tire to whatever you want. Don't have to run 80 psi, but if you do, it's ok. Your rims aren't going to explode.
Seems like you're on a serious budget for these tires.
If so, 2 words. Craigslist or Amazon.
The only tires I haven't bought used off CL in the last 10 + years were new off Amazon. There's some deals on both.
Heck, if you weren't so far away, I got a perfectly good set of 255-17s from my work truck sitting outside you could have.
But seriously, check out CL. You can probably find a new or almost new set for $100 a piece or less.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

campinginthewoo
Explorer
Explorer
My f250 averages 14 highway and but I didn't buy it for mileage couldn't pass on the price when I found it.lol
"Our family is a circle of love and strength.
With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger. "

campinginthewoo
Explorer
Explorer
I have them on my f250 CC v10 and I had the owl mounted inside so yes you can. I just put these on. Supposed to get 55k we will see my brother has them on 13 gmc Yukon 4x4 and loves them he is in golden Colorado now but was in Illinois and used to hunt and was pulling his buddies out because they were getting stuck. So far this winter in snow I love them with no issues. Got them online and shipped to Wal-Mart couldn't beat the price. Best of luck
With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love.

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
campinginthewoods wrote:
Have you looked at Cooper discoverer A/T 3

I saw them .. They come in c's too..

But how is that tread pattern going to affect MPG? Its bad enough I barely get 19 MPG highway..

Not bad I see I can get them about $150 a tire..

Ummm not a fan of white lettering either... Is it stupid to turn in so its blackwall out? Can you even do that?

I had KO BFG's on another truck that had whites in...so I guess ..

Any Highway thread like my good year HP's with a C LT rating?

HP's

Mike L ... N.J.

campinginthewoo
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked at Cooper discoverer A/T 3

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer
lawrosa wrote:

Im leary about any load range e tires on a 1500..

Why?

If it's cost, I understand.

But otherwise, I put Michelin LTX MS/2 LT-Es on my F150 and they were a fantastic highway tire.

Or look for an XL, like Gritdog recommends, or an LT-C?
2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
well I thought I could find a cheap LT tire... Im leary about any load range e tires on a 1500.. Load C maybe if I can find them but I wanted a highway tread...

I guess 265 70 17 is a difficult size tire to get in LT C range

Looks like I may be stuck with metric tires..

I got wrangler HP's now.. But treadlife only 340... I guess I just go with RSa;s goodyears.

$120 a tire.

I failed to mention Im cheap and broke..

https://tires.bjs.com/tires/view/103845/goodyear-wrangler-sr-a-p265-70r17/?quantity=4
Mike L ... N.J.