Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Members welcoming fellow members

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
Original post--
You know, I got to thinkin. Those of you who know me know that's dangerous. This is only a thought, I thought I'd throw it out there.

All of us travel. Duh, that's why we have campers. Who all would be interested in putting there names on a list of "Members Welcome". A list of members that welcomes other members to stay the night in their driveway when they're on the road.

Of course, opting-in would be completely optional. My thought here is that a list is done up with only screen names. When a member is planning on being in the area, they forum-email the other member for the address and see if that member is available to welcome guests that night. That way, the address is not out in the public and no unexpected surprises happen.

Just a thought.

-------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1-6-2014

We are going to clean out the list and start a new one. Go to the post dated 1-3-2014 for more info.

Here is the latest "cleaned up" list.

And yes, it's a screenshot, not a text-list. Sorry. The forum doesn't support any kind of formatting, like tables or tabs, so when I tried to list it as text it looked like a jumbled mess.

'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo
137 REPLIES 137

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
Mine, too :B
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes

trapperdick
Explorer
Explorer
Our yard is always open. Boatycall why don't start a list and see where it goes.

Yeah, but your yard has snow in it 8 months out of the year...:S.........TD
OLDER AND BOLDER,,,,,N1ATF
Ford F-350 Dually Diesel, Lance 9SC, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail, 12 ft Hallmark trailer and Skeeter the camping beagle :).........

rockplucker
Explorer
Explorer
We are north of Traverse City MI on the beautiful Old Mission Peninsula. We have 30 amp and water. PM first. Count us in.

silvercorvette
Explorer
Explorer
My HOA does not allow me to park my own camper in my driveway. I had to get a slide in because it will fit in my garage
2014 4 WD Silverado 403 CI diesel long bed dually, B&W hitch with 95 Gallon Auxiliary Fuel Tank, pulling a 33 foot Holiday Rambler Alumascape suite, Winegard SK-3005 TRAV'LER slimline dish, Splendide 2100 XC washer dryer, TST Tire Pressure monitor system.

FootLoose_Fancy
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the middle of nowhere (the great state of Missouri) with nothing close by; however we are on a main east-west highway that runs from Illinois to Kansas and farther. We have 30 amps, water, sewer, and a nice flat parking spot with view of pastures and ponds. Although we are very new to the forum, we would still like to meet any of you who are passing through our part of the country.

Fancy

LabMan1945
Explorer II
Explorer II
Add me to the list. I am in north central Maine not far off I95 near Baxter State Park and area. There is a level area on blacktop to unload or simply park. Water and electric available.
Dodge 3500 CTD.
Northstar 850SC
Constant companions - Scoter and Skye - Black Labs (better than most people)

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
I always assumed I was covered by liability for anybody coming on my property. Since I needed to call my insurance agent today on a different topic I asked if I was covered for liability if I invited an acquaintance to camp on my property over night. He was surprised by the question. He said of course I was covered by both my homeowners policy and the umbrella policy I have over all my insurance. Said that is the kind of thing the liability was for, even if someone came on the property uninvited I was covered.

Jim...

KitchenBuilder
Explorer
Explorer
wayward1, you didn't mock, thanks.

wayward1
Explorer
Explorer
Kitchen builder,
I donโ€™t intend to mock a valid concern you have. I have the same concerns too. I think most of the folks here (myself included) are not concerned about most that "visit". I also think most are reluctant to discuss their insurance policy on a public forum for fear of attracting the "camper" you fear would turn on your good deed.
Insurance is great and is a must have, even though needing it and having to use it still sucks.:(:M
Good luck with your visits and your insurance carrier.
Rick and Kristi (KNR)

KitchenBuilder
Explorer
Explorer
Jeepers92, thank you. I thought I was asking a simple question so I could contribute and was mocked. I'd like to hear what you come up with.

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Boatycall wrote:
sleepy wrote:
We don't question or place conditions on friendship.

That's what this is all about....

Got yours updated.

Thanks for updating the list for me boatycall.

I have a bunch of "visitor" pictures that I need to post.

Bigfootford and his wife parked in our driveway for a week a few months ago. He use the dump station at the new campground at the four wheeler area of Windrock Mountain. It's one of Brads (our moderatory) jeep riding destinations.

I think that Bigfoot Ford was surprised at the beauty and size of the mountains close to our house. We even have some pretty good wineries too! Can you believe he haulled some back to Calif.

When someone travels all the way from Sacremento, CA, or Seattle, Wa, Or Michigan, or Fla, or Ala, or even from here in TN and stop to see us we are honored.
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

Jeepers92
Explorer
Explorer
Insurance. I have never checked mine. I have homeowners and seperate camper insurance. I will find out. If you invite people (friends) to stay, I would hope your homeowners would cover it. I,ll ask and see if I can find out about mine.
B.Pettitt
Dodge, lwb, drw, 6.7, no mods
Arctic Fox 811
22' SunChaser fishing pontoon
04 Wrangler for mountian roads

Vietnam Vet...and proud of it

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have deleted and edited a few posts on this thread. Lets stay on topic and drop the personal attacks. Additional posts of that nature will be deleted without comment.

BradW - moderator
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

KitchenBuilder
Explorer
Explorer
That's great that you guys are from a different era. I wish it was carried through to every generation. Unfortunately that's not the case.

Does posting on this site automatically make everyone friends? Also, being prepared for every circumstance should be the motto of every truck camper enthusiast. I'm sure you don't suspend that belief while accepting guests. It's ok to act proud like this doesn't matter, but I like to be realistic and try to cover all the bases. Everyone places conditions on everything...even if you don't want to admit it.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just answer the question? Extra insurance, yes or no...instead of 'Insurance? We don't need no stinking insurance!'

Forget it...I don't even care anymore.

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
sleepy wrote:
We don't question or place conditions on friendship.

That's what this is all about....

Got yours updated.
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo