cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini Table

yosemiteford
Explorer
Explorer
A fellow TC'r shared this idea. with me. Our camper does not have slide outs, so we were looking at portions for more space. Also, we rarely eat inside -- one of the many things I like about a TC....it is just uncomfortable enough to keep you outside. So, do give us more room, I made us a mini-table to replace the factory one. We have used it and it. works great. We carried. around the factory tabletop for a couplet rips, but found we never needed the larger table, so it is in the garage now. I don't have a photo of it. actually in the camper readily available, but this is a pic and gives good perspective of the size. If anyone wants to see it in action, just lemme know and. I will post another photo.

2009 SRW FX4 F350, 2002 Lance 1010,TL Stableload, Solar, mini-table, solar, airbags. front Reese hitch, Michelin LTX A/T2, propane generator, Carefree awning,Rigid Off Road Lights
12 REPLIES 12

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
He's ours. I put it in today using the OEM table mounts. This allows us to sit sideways on the benches or we can put our feet up on the opposite side.

-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
pjay9 wrote:
Now that looks comfy...but the guy coming in needs to watch for toe in the eye syndrom. :>)

:B That could be blinding when she is wearing her Louboutins.

pjay9
Explorer
Explorer
Now that looks comfy...but the guy coming in needs to watch for toe in the eye syndrom. :>)
2005 Lance 1161, 2004 Dodge CTD 3500 Dually 19.5's Stabiloads Roadmaster Sway, 2009 20' Raider 185 Pro Fish 90hp & 9.9 Yamaha vintage Penn elec.downriggers EZLoad roller trailer

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
The OEM table was too big for us too.

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice! One of the things I like about my new to me Lance is that the table actually has a removable leaf in it! I'd never seen this in a camper until this. I have the leaf out and stored in the basement drawer and I can say that extra 8-10" or so of room really makes a LOT of difference!

Kudos to you for doing this! Looks great!

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

punomatic
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
FIY, Lowes/Home Depot sell the butcher block style like that in both round and rectangle and start as small as 12" and go up in 2" increments.

When I went to Lowe's/Home Depot looking for one, they didn't have anything but a 17" round table top. I made my own out of a 24" square piece of 3/4" Birch veneer plywood. I cut it roughly round with a jig saw. Then I made a "compass" attachment for my router and finished the edges. I placed the socket for the post slightly off-center, so we can turn it closer or further from the sofa as needed.

We left the rectangular one in the garage, and will use it when we take grandsons camping, so we can make up the dinette bed.
DW and Me
2016 Riverside White Water Retro 195
2014 Nissan Titan SL Crew Cab
Formerly, I used to work for the department of redundancy department.

Life in Black and Blue

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
FIY, Lowes/Home Depot sell the butcher block style like that in both round and rectangle and start as small as 12" and go up in 2" increments.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

pjay9
Explorer
Explorer
Did you make it from boards or a factory glued board? Looks good...guess 16 x 18?
2005 Lance 1161, 2004 Dodge CTD 3500 Dually 19.5's Stabiloads Roadmaster Sway, 2009 20' Raider 185 Pro Fish 90hp & 9.9 Yamaha vintage Penn elec.downriggers EZLoad roller trailer

Stars101
Explorer
Explorer
Our table is integral to turning the dinette into a bed for our DS (age 7). But we did remove that clunky metal "socket" that the post fit into.

Ours was free standing, but who moves their dinette table outside to use!? We carry a camp table for that... so now our table top slides under the mattress without having a lump at our feet.

We used your idea in our last TT and it works like a charm.

tonymull
Explorer
Explorer
Same idea, we never used the bigger one. I just used a round one from HD. Some clear coat and it's done!

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
Would love to see the table in action...looks great though!
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
We did the same thing. I cut a couple of holes in mine and installed cup holders. Yours looks much better than mine. We bought a new camper and I need to make a new table for it since the new one is wall mounted.
-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.