1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.
27 REPLIES 27

djg
Explorer
Explorer
I put mine on the bottom of the bumper outside but they are auxillary as I have a compressor for Air Lift Wireless Air setup this set up always automatically adds air to 10 psi if it drops.

Dave
2015 Livnlite Camplite TC10
1995 Ford F-350 dually 7.3 Diesel

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Eric&Lisa wrote:
Mine are inside the fuel door.

-Eric

There's not enough room inside my gas door for the valves.
Kenny

Eric_Lisa
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine are inside the fuel door. I don't remember it being a difficult install. Drilled a couple holes in the plastic above the fuel cap. Put the fittings in, connected them, and that was it. Fuel door keeps them protected, and they face down so no dirt gets in them. Never had caps on them. Thirteen years and no leaks or complaints.

-Eric
Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

aruba5er
Explorer
Explorer
put my valves in the plastic part of the bumper next to the liscense plate, All plastic area so no metal to drill. Also added a (up to #100 guage so i know there is always some air in the bags.

Geewizard
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
I have an on board compressor that maintains 5 psi in them all the time and pressure gauges under the dash with individual controls to set them with. Nothing outside, everything in the cab. Trick to long bag life is keeping air in them all the time (at least 5 psi when not in use). I installed the firestone bags in 1999 in my 1997 F350 and they are trucking right along, no issue.

Ditto. I transferred my 2004 Tundra (with Air Lift Wireless Air setup) to my son. And I installed a new identical system in my 2014 Tundra. Both are with compressors and all inside the cab. His is still going strong.

I do have auxiliary air bag fills in the rear wheel wells of my 2014 Tundra. No drilling needed, I removed a plastic rivet and used that hole.
2021 Winnebago Micro Minnie 1708FB
2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
300W solar, MPPT controller, LED lights
Xantrex Freedom X Inverter 3000W
2 Fullriver 105AH AGM batteries
Air Lift WirelessAIR and air bags
Hankook Dynapro ATM 10-ply tires

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
I wire tied mine to the rear bracket on the driver running boards. Easy to get at, check and air up to.

Lakeside

specta
Explorer
Explorer

The tops of my wheel wells empty is 42.5".
With 32 psi in the airbags they are now 39.5".
I've only driven it a few miles and I can feel a difference.
I'll hit the freeway into town today and see how it goes.
Kenny

specta
Explorer
Explorer

Here's where I ended up mounting them. One on each side and easy to reach. I'll pick up metal caps next time I'm in town.

Thanks for all the advise.
Kenny

northshore
Explorer
Explorer
I put them just in front of the rear wheel DRW under the fender, easy to reach.
I had a Firestone compressor but removed it, didn't like it, plus it was for one supply line to both bags. My compressor came with the in cabin bracket, with switch and gauge, that with all the other stuff hanging on the dash I thought it was just too much. Now its; set the air pressure for the bags where I want them and check once in a while, I don't feel the need to have a switch and gauge on the dash.

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
Originally put them as the license plate bolts, which was perfect, except not for a TC as it is hard to get to then.

I then put them on the bottom of the rear fender behind the wheel by drilling a hole under it. This is OK, but I rather have the two valves together. There is no need to have them on both sides of the truck.

I was worried about using the inside fender well in case the tire threw something up to damage the valves poking out. I have a fender well plastic liner, so the valves would have to be inside the wellโ€ฆ

toddb
Explorer
Explorer

I made a bracket that uses the bolts from the running board. It's out of the way behind the rear door.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
When on-board compressor is luxury, having valves with gauges on the side of driver seat, I could always see the pressure when entering the truck.
Than my bags would hold the air for months, so unless I load heavy, I did not have to inflate them for long time.
Than when I did need to air them, one of those $10 compressors did the job in just minute.
Get the console with gauges and you won't be sorry.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
bigfootgrey wrote:

Mine are inside the fuel door. Stays clean and protected
Bob

I'll have to see how much room I have in there.
Kenny

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer

Mine are inside the fuel door. Stays clean and protected
Bob
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XLโ€™s.