cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New owner and first timer!

Quattro15
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone. I recently purchased my first travel trailer. It's a Coleman 192rds. I love it but I have a couple questions.

First, what does the S stand for in the model name.

Secondly, where do I get a spare tire that is the same as the wheels I have on the trailer now?
2006 Toyota Tundra Doublecab
2016 Coleman 192RDS
13 REPLIES 13

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
djgarcia wrote:
Just curious, Has any one ever heard of a new trailer being sold without a spare tire??? I can see it might be possible if you buy a used trailer, but wouldn't the original owner have had a spare tire? Does anyone drive a trailer without a spare ??? I don't have any experience with RV's other than TT and 5th. wheels.

All of the older, used, TT I've owned never came with a spare. Nor, was there a place to mount one. (Back in the day they didn't worry about spares.) I never had a spare until 2 years ago when I took my first long trip (100 miles) from home. Then I bought a used rim and a old bald tire and threw it into the back of my pickup. If I stay local I don't carry the spare.

I'm in a rural area. If I have a flat 50 miles from home I would limp to the nearest farm place and then call someone to bring me the spare. I would need them t bring me a jack and a socket set with breaker bar and a piece of pipe too. It would ruin everybody's day but, if you are a local camper like me it doesn't happen very often.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
My tire rack is underneath, fwd, between the frame rails and a PITA to lower in rain, slush, etc. Lots of cars come without a spare nowdays and TTs too.

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
Spare tire rack?....Look around and you can find one. Etrailer.com is a good company online to get things. Do you have a Camping World nearby?
Mark

Quattro15
Explorer
Explorer
I bought the camper new. It didn't come with a spare but I was wanting one that matches the wheels on the camper. My TT doesn't have a slide though, that was part of my curiousity as to why it had the S in the model name.
2006 Toyota Tundra Doublecab
2016 Coleman 192RDS

galexander
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new camper. I have a friend of mine who bought a Coleman TT two years ago and it did not come with a spare tire, the dealer was more than then happy to sell hime one.
2017 Chevy Colorado ZR1 3.6L 4X4 Crew Cab
2021 Coachmen Apex Nano 191 RBS Off Grid
Tekonsha Brake Controller

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think the "S" means slide too. Just guessing our 251RBSS means 25' rear bath super slide. Not sure about the "1" though.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious, Has any one ever heard of a new trailer being sold without a spare tire??? I can see it might be possible if you buy a used trailer, but wouldn't the original owner have had a spare tire? Does anyone drive a trailer without a spare ??? I don't have any experience with RV's other than TT and 5th. wheels.

Emptypockets
Explorer
Explorer
Quattro15 wrote:
Hello everyone. I recently purchased my first travel trailer. It's a Coleman 192rds. I love it but I have a couple questions.

Secondly, where do I get a spare tire that is the same as the wheels I have on the trailer now?

Ours is a different brand but the S means it has a slide.
The Palmers

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tractor supply , Wal-Mart ,many places will sell a tire and wheel for that trailer for one hundred bucks or so !

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a spare now or do you want matching rims?
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe he bought it used...
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Quattro15 wrote:

The spare tire normally comes with a trailer, tell the dealer to give you a spare with no extra charge:)

AmericalVette
Explorer
Explorer
Quattro15 wrote:

the RDS is "rear dining / sofa

You can check with your dealer about the spare tire/wheel.. or any reputable tire shop. You can also search online.

Congrats on the new Camper!
Times fun when you're having flies!