cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New record !

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new record for the shortest living thread Ric, this ONE only lasted like 9 hours shattering Andy's 12 hour record :B
I might mention Ric also hold the highest non sticky post count that I know of, thanks to Ben, Larry and ninebikers :R
Interesting part is, well it's the same subject.
Just me but I would have given it a little more lead before the dreaded closed sign came out :W
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin
91 REPLIES 91

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
Vulcaneer wrote:
snip....

I bought a $70,000 trailer that is a POS. I mean a real POS. Some issues that make it very unsafe on the highway.

snip...

Not arguing, but curious about that $70K POS trailer and how you managed
or did with it or ????

Am retired and budget for this kind of stuff slim for now...if me, I'd
not keep my opinions to myself...
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
ricatic wrote:
Vulcaneer wrote:
Ben, You are exactly correct. And this is the real crux of the issue. One helluva lot bigger a problem than a warranty issue. Because once one of those babies craps out in that scenario, no warranty is going to bring back any lost lives.

That is a Bosch problem. And a VW/Porsche, Ford, GM, problem too. But primarily a Bosch engineering issue.

And Ricactic and a few others have brought it out in the forefront. As it should be. No argument there.

The following is not directed at your post. Just for editorial comment is all.
I bought a $70,000 trailer that is a POS. I mean a real POS. Some issues that make it very unsafe on the highway. Did I try killing the company, because I got a Monday morning edition? Did I write all over internet forums how poor the company treated me. Did I call others names, that enjoy their similar trailers. Did I berate them? Did I accuse them of blindly following along? Did I post other threads where others had similar problems that were out of warranty...but shame on the manufacturer for not repairing the damage?

That is where my problem is. When the discussion loses fact, it becomes vitriol. There is a crusade and a personal vendetta. But worst of all, the message becomes lost. That is a dis-service. And one that reduces the good service to a bad service.

If that is drinking Kool-aid, I'll need a refill.

End of rant.

You are starting to sound like a true blue Ford Fan Boy...no disrespect intended. Why do I say this...because like the true Blue KoolAid crowd I reference, you are adding meaning out of context to much of what I write. If you spent much time over at the Blue KoolAid site, you would understand who I really am referencing.

When someone jumps into a conversation with only attacking the messenger in mind with no sense of the actual facts, they deserve to be called out. When that happens to a true Blue KoolAid fan, they then further the personal attacks and then cry to the moderators. This has happened to many unhappy 6.7 owners on that site. I have several emails from owners who will not bother to post there because of the immediate assignment of "troll" to their thread. The bully's over there, encouraged by moderator censorship, chase away any real discussion about the 6.7 and it's problems.

You seem to be terribly offended that I posted the recent thread from there. You keep bringing up "warranty demands" that I made regarding that particular event. I was well aware that the poor soul was miled out. I never expected for Ford to warranty that repair...why would I, they will not warranty HPFP failures with less than 50,000 miles without a huge fight. You were still missing the point...until the post quoted here.

You have decided that I am the bad guy for keeping the heat on Ford and fighting back against those that would try to avoid seeing the facts and blindly follow the Blue Oval. I would like to see where I have personally called anybody names or slammed their choices in either truck or trailer. You have a 6.7 and I wish you well...and Troy also...

You have made a decision to not publicize or criticize your trailer manufacturer for what you call is a POS product. If that fits your style, good for you. But if you truly have a POS and just walk away from it, you help no one else to avoid a similar situation. That is not my style. I have a voice and when I have been done right, I tell everyone my story...B&W hitches for instance...conversely, when I am done wrong, I do my best to make sure others are not taken advantage of in a similar fashion.

You can call me a crusader or a vindictive SOB if you wish, but the interaction with dozens of members from this site and hundreds of emails thanking me for my stand tell me you are in the minority.Just look at this thread to see how many disagree with you...

The current sales kill count has grown to 151...that's a lot of lost money for 1 rejected warranty claim...

Have a great day

Regards

With every post you reaffirm what Vulcaneer and others are saying. The message is lost in vitriol which is a greater failure than the CP-4. I think I will retire from all diesel threads as they seem to bring out the worst in truck owners and that is sad.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

BeerCan
Explorer
Explorer
ricatic wrote:

The current sales kill count has grown to 151...that's a lot of lost money for 1 rejected warranty claim...

Have a great day

Regards

Keep it up it seems to be working ๐Ÿ˜‰

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/04/24/ford-posts-decade-best-2-1b-profit-in-q1-2013/
f-series up by 24% of course that lumps the 150 in with the super dutys.
http://media.ford.com/images/10031/April13sales.pdf

ricatic
Explorer
Explorer
Vulcaneer wrote:
Ben, You are exactly correct. And this is the real crux of the issue. One helluva lot bigger a problem than a warranty issue. Because once one of those babies craps out in that scenario, no warranty is going to bring back any lost lives.

That is a Bosch problem. And a VW/Porsche, Ford, GM, problem too. But primarily a Bosch engineering issue.

And Ricactic and a few others have brought it out in the forefront. As it should be. No argument there.

I bought a $70,000 trailer that is a POS. I mean a real POS. Some issues that make it very unsafe on the highway. Did I try killing the company, because I got a Monday morning edition? Did I write all over internet forums how poor the company treated me. Did I call others names, that enjoy their similar trailers. Did I berate them? Did I accuse them of blindly following along? Did I post other threads where others had similar problems that were out of warranty...but shame on the manufacturer for not repairing the damage?

That is where my problem is. When the discussion loses fact, it becomes vitriol. There is a crusade and a personal vendetta. But worst of all, the message becomes lost. That is a dis-service. And one that reduces the good service to a bad service.

End of rant.

You are starting to sound like a true blue Ford Fan Boy...no disrespect intended. Why do I say this...because like the true Blue KoolAid crowd I reference, you are adding meaning out of context to much of what I write. If you spent much time over at the Blue KoolAid site, you would understand who I really am referencing.

When someone jumps into a conversation with only attacking the messenger in mind with no sense of the actual facts, they deserve to be called out. When that happens to a true Blue KoolAid fan, they then further the personal attacks and then cry to the moderators. This has happened to many unhappy 6.7 owners on that site. I have several emails from owners who will not bother to post there because of the immediate assignment of "troll" to their thread. The bully's over there, encouraged by moderator censorship, chase away any real discussion about the 6.7 and it's problems.

You seem to be terribly offended that I posted the recent thread from there. You keep bringing up "warranty demands" that I made regarding that particular event. I was well aware that the poor soul was miled out. I never expected for Ford to warranty that repair...why would I, they will not warranty HPFP failures with less than 50,000 miles without a huge fight. You were still missing the point...until the post quoted here.

You have decided that I am the bad guy for keeping the heat on Ford and fighting back against those that would try to avoid seeing the facts and blindly follow the Blue Oval. I would like to see where I have personally called anybody names or slammed their choices in either truck or trailer. You have a 6.7 and I wish you well...and Troy also...

You have made a decision to not publicize or criticize your trailer manufacturer for what you call is a POS product. If that fits your style, good for you. But if you truly have a POS and just walk away from it, you help no one else to avoid a similar situation. That is not my style. I have a voice and when I have been done right, I tell everyone my story...B&W hitches for instance...conversely, when I am done wrong, I do my best to make sure others are not taken advantage of in a similar fashion.

You can call me a crusader or a vindictive SOB if you wish, but the interaction with dozens of members from this site and hundreds of emails thanking me for my stand tell me you are in the minority.Just look at this thread to see how many disagree with you...

Have a great day

Regards
Ricatic
Debbie and Savannah the Wonderdachsund
2009 Big Horn 3055RL
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Dually LTX with the Gold Standard LBZ Engine and Allison Transmission
2011 F350 Lariat SRW CC SB 4WD 6.7 Diesel POS Gone Bye Bye

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer

End of rant.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
You two nailed one of my positions...that all things designed/engineered
is NOT for the good days out there, but for the worst day when Mr Murphy
crosses your path

No time to go back to the store for bigger/better/etc...nor time to
resetup

Either it is there spot on or not

A lot of thought goes into designing anything and if any potential
maiming/killing/etc, then even more along with even more rigorous
CDR's (critical design reviews)

Amazing to me, and more so because of my background in design, that
these OEMs (including Bosch) insurance and legal teams have NOT put
their foot down on the CP4 design (including system)

Sure you can NOT design out every possible scenario, but since the
CP4 is now well known to have this, that many badges have the same
to similar issues...the writing is on the wall and the first one
to experience a death via a CP4 failure will have a field day in court

Another scenario is someone crossing a rail road tracks and the CP4
decides to blow up....when a freight train, passenger train...any train
is barreling down at them at +70MPH. Average locomotive engine is
around 500,000 pounds...just the engine...then add the rail cars behind it

Learned a ton back on that CP4 thread and nothing I wanted to learn
and now think Bosch engineering isn't stellar anymore. Design/engineering
101 stuff plainly missed or ignored after the discovery thereof...

Another amazing position is that it is well known that all of the
big three diesel's use the Bosch system. That not just Ford has had
CP4 failures, even Porsche/VW/etc. But only one has NOT warrantied
or taken care of their product and customer

Blind loyalty is common...ever try to show a Tundra owner how their
own vehicle label says it is NOT a 3/4 ton?

ricatic wrote:
The Mad Norsky wrote:
We must admit here on the tow vehicle forum, shoot the forum in whole, that we are by far just a tiny fractional percentage of total diesel vehicles being used here in North America right now.

And yet, and seemingly against the odds due to our small numbers, we have still suffered two confirmed failures of the Ford HPFP. Most of you remember Ricatic, but there was also a Canadian poster on here who had the same problem.

I PM'd this Canadian poster. He related to me that Ford tried their trump card, water in fuel routine with his vehicle also. Unfortunately for Ford, they had also just recently changed out the fuel filters for this vehicle. Based on this evidence, within their own (Ford's) maintenance records, Ford did in fact, begrudgingly, warranty the HPFP replacement and all assorted costs associated to the replacement, on his vehicle.

So that is two, as I said, from an amazingly small sample of operators.

I want info on this. I own one of these 6.7L Ford diesels.

My biggest fear is that someone, somewhere, is going to be hurt badly or worse by the sudden failure of these pumps. As they seem to die suddenly, without any measurable warning symptoms, I can see someone, attempting to merge onto a busy interstate, having his vehicle chug and die just as he leaves the on ramp and arrives in the traffic lanes, with an 18 wheeler bearing down on him from astern.

It won't be a happy ending or a pretty picture.

Norsky

You have hit the ball out of the park...but I was surprised that I had to be remembered...:B:B:B

Seeing that I am one of the owners that has experienced the dieing of a 6.7 Ford HPFP, I can assure you that your semi-doomsday scenario is very possible. When the Bosch CP4 HPFP died on my truck, it just shut down like I turned off the key...just as I made a right turn off the freeway exit ramp onto a busy highway. There is no warning...it just quits.

If this indeed happens to someone towing a trailer as they merge onto a freeway, they are toast. You lose the power steering and the power brakes. Your 18 wheeler scenario will become a nightmare...This is why the NHTSA needs to keep pressuring the manufacturers who use this delicate pump to fix the problem...we know from experience that it does not take any water to destroy the pump and a few ounces of water will take it out even quicker. The water separator/water in fuel indicator is useless. It takes 7 ounces of water in the DFCM before it reaches the WIF switch.

Regards
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

rottidawg
Explorer
Explorer
Keep posting Ricatic.....thanks to you I recently voted with my wallet.
No new diesel and definitely no furd product of any sort.
2012 Chevy 2500HD LTZ CCSB 4x4 gas
2012 Four Wheel Camper Hawk
2008 Harley Street Glide

ricatic
Explorer
Explorer
The Mad Norsky wrote:
We must admit here on the tow vehicle forum, shoot the forum in whole, that we are by far just a tiny fractional percentage of total diesel vehicles being used here in North America right now.

And yet, and seemingly against the odds due to our small numbers, we have still suffered two confirmed failures of the Ford HPFP. Most of you remember Ricatic, but there was also a Canadian poster on here who had the same problem.

I PM'd this Canadian poster. He related to me that Ford tried their trump card, water in fuel routine with his vehicle also. Unfortunately for Ford, they had also just recently changed out the fuel filters for this vehicle. Based on this evidence, within their own (Ford's) maintenance records, Ford did in fact, begrudgingly, warranty the HPFP replacement and all assorted costs associated to the replacement, on his vehicle.

My biggest fear is that someone, somewhere, is going to be hurt badly or worse by the sudden failure of these pumps. As they seem to die suddenly, without any measurable warning symptoms, I can see someone, attempting to merge onto a busy interstate, having his vehicle chug and die just as he leaves the on ramp and arrives in the traffic lanes, with an 18 wheeler bearing down on him from astern.

Norsky

You have hit the ball out of the park...but I was surprised that I had to be remembered...:B:B:B

Seeing that I am one of the owners that has experienced the dieing of a 6.7 Ford HPFP, I can assure you that your semi-doomsday scenario is very possible. When the Bosch CP4 HPFP died on my truck, it just shut down like I turned off the key...just as I made a right turn off the freeway exit ramp onto a busy highway. There is no warning...it just quits.

If this indeed happens to someone towing a trailer as they merge onto a freeway, they are toast. You lose the power steering and the power brakes. Your 18 wheeler scenario will become a nightmare...This is why the NHTSA needs to keep pressuring the manufacturers who use this delicate pump to fix the problem...we know from experience that it does not take any water to destroy the pump and a few ounces of water will take it out even quicker. The water separator/water in fuel indicator is useless. It takes 7 ounces of water in the DFCM before it reaches the WIF switch.

Regards
Ricatic
Debbie and Savannah the Wonderdachsund
2009 Big Horn 3055RL
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Dually LTX with the Gold Standard LBZ Engine and Allison Transmission
2011 F350 Lariat SRW CC SB 4WD 6.7 Diesel POS Gone Bye Bye

Engineer9860
Explorer
Explorer
blt2ski wrote:
Oh my aching head........can one of you please tell me why my head hurts........some Neil diamond tune that someone else is singing today on the radio.......something about red red wine! or some such liquidity type thing........

oris it rick hitting me on the side of the head for his 50% share of nothing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Anytime I hear Neil Diamond it gives me a headache.
In Memoriam: Liberty Belle

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer

The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

blt2ski
Oh my aching head........can one of you please tell me why my head hurts........some Neil diamond tune that someone else is singing today on the radio.......something about red red wine! or some such liquidity type thing........

oris it rick hitting me on the side of the head for his 50% share of nothing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
Alright Rick.

Did RV.net give you a cut of advertising profit? If not, they should! Since you and Ric started posting the page views I bet went up 500%!! :E

How do I get cut in on this action? :B

LMAO

Well you figured it out Bob, yes Marty is paying me half his RV.net salary :B
What is half of nothing anyway :W Ah we do appreciate you MOD's for your time.
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
True but tomorrow is May 1st when the real numbers come out. I'm betting Chrysler won't be #1 in sales :B Hopefully just gaining on market share in the Ram division without the MY 2013 HD's.
Off subject but the local (ha-ha) Spokane PD just got these new Interceptors in. Look every bit as good as the old standard from Ford. And no I'm not familiar with the back seating arrangement :B
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Alright Rick.

Did RV.net give you a cut of advertising profit? If not, they should! Since you and Ric started posting the page views I bet went up 500%!! :E

How do I get cut in on this action? :B
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Troy I for one I'm glad that Dodge is stopping a bad product from getting to the consumer even though they may loose a few bucks. They stop and fix the problem. Good for them!

Did Ford do that with the 6.0 or 6.4? Or did the line keep rolling? :B
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln