cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New record !

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new record for the shortest living thread Ric, this ONE only lasted like 9 hours shattering Andy's 12 hour record :B
I might mention Ric also hold the highest non sticky post count that I know of, thanks to Ben, Larry and ninebikers :R
Interesting part is, well it's the same subject.
Just me but I would have given it a little more lead before the dreaded closed sign came out :W
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin
91 REPLIES 91

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
45Ricochet wrote:
Three minute clip HERE.

Houston must have problems selling Fords since they had to add Dodge to their arsenal :W At any rate look up Joe Diesel on youtube for great Master Technician video's. They keep pretty busy in LA, and believe me there is not much water in LA.

I'm not sure how since RAM appears to be the one having issues getting trucks to the dealers here. :W
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Three minute clip HERE.

Houston must have problems selling Fords since they had to add Dodge to their arsenal :W At any rate look up Joe Diesel on youtube for great Master Technician video's. They keep pretty busy in LA, and believe me there is not much water in LA.
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Taco wrote:
Good thing I bought a gas truck.

X2, I love my 6.8L V-10 power plant. In fact I will never own a diesel, not because of all of the wailing in these threads but based on the whole of everything I have ever read about diesel motors.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Taco
Explorer
Explorer
Good thing I bought a gas truck.

MackinawMan
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to say I've always enjoyed Ric's posts, and found them very informative. Back in 2010, after we sold our 7.3L PSD Excursion we went truck shopping. I've always liked Fords the best, and really wanted to remain in one.

Ric took the time to discuss the 6.0L PSD with me in detail, the remedies and things you could do to make the engine bulletproof so to speak. He did this in messages on here and even gave me his phone number so we could talk that way. He even ran several OASIS reports for me on trucks that I had found that fit our specifications and price range.

In the end, I just could not pull the trigger on that engine....and not wanting to buy new, and wanting to stay in a Ford...we decided to go a bit older and stick with the tried and trusted 7.3L PSD, and we bought our current 2000 F350 which was in very nice shape.

Ric was more than helpful, took time out of his own schedule to help a guy he'd never met before but knew simply from posts on a message board.

So...you guys that feel it necessary to keep ripping on a guy who got totally screwed over by a company and wants to make sure others don't suffer the same fate....well keep it up, it speaks more about you than it does him.

JMHO
2000 Ford F350 XLT 7.3L PowerStroke Diesel CC 4x4 OffRoad SRW Long Bed
2008 Jayco Eagle 314BHDS (Momma Eagle)
Equalizer Hitch System (1400/14000lbs)
Prodigy Brake Controller
Curt XD Class V Receiver Hitch (1500/15000 lb)

MARK_VANDERBENT
Explorer
Explorer
Hey rick not to change subject, but how the duramax ? are you used to change ??? have you grown to like it better than you thought?? just wondering take care.

ricatic
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
For some reason Ricatic feels threatened and gets on the Kool aid topic a tad bit, and probably has been banned at the other site like his HPFP expert that he brought to this site (won't mention that name :R). I for one spared with Rick when I thought the 6.0 psd was a POS and Rick challenged me many times. Turned out his truck went teets up and mine ran like a champ for over 170k miles with no real issues known when I sold it.

I don't mind Rick slurping all the Kool Aid rhetoric that's just his style, but when I point out issues "Including the Gold Standard LBZ" engine the slurping Kool Aid goes to another level.

Again I don't mind discussing issues with all our trucks as long as they are facts, but Rick has a crusade so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

And just so everyone knows before the slurping the Kool Aid threat is issued to me via Rick, I also purchased a Dodge cummins powered truck last year that my cousin spotted for me at the Ford/Chrysler dealship he works at. No big deal...

At a family reunion a few weeks ago we were talking about what's going on at his shop, and he gave me the same report as Christmas and he has only replaced one injector on a Ford 6.7 truck and no HPFP have been replaced to date at this shop. He originally specialized in Ford Diesels since '93 and because the repairs of the 6.7 PSD have dropped so much he has been trained to now work on the RAM Cummins truck particularly the 6.7 Cummins. He's had Chrysler void several cummins HPFP and Ford voided 6.4 HPFP do to fuel contamination and some are covered under warrenty (ie Fords 6.4 HPFP has an issue over time becoming weak and not producing proper fuel pressure so it get's replaced). He also commented to get a warrenty approval from Chrysler is alot more red tape than Ford.

In the meantime I'll continue to enjoy my Ford 6.7 psd Super Duty that provides great fuel economy, towing ability, comfort, and all the creature comforts that it provides. I'm at 21k miles and not one glitch. Love it...:C

Troy

You are being flat out disingenuous with the nonsense in this post.

Let's start with your allegation that I feel threatened. By whom or by what? My posting of facts regarding the issues that some Ford 6.7 owners are facing certainly raises the ire of Fiord Fan Boy's but so what...sometimes the truth hurts.

What is with your allegation of my slurping some kind of GM Koolaid? Other than my signature, I have seldom mentioned the fact that even the diesel truck magazines regard the LBZ Duramax engine as the best buy in a used diesel truck. I have not implored that anyone buy a GM Duramax over the Cummins powered Ram. Is mentioning that if you want a new truck but not a Ram you need to buy a GM because they warranty their fuel systems not providing facts?

But your biggest dose of disingenuous comes in your constant dragging GM and Ram HPFP failures due to verified water or other contaminates in the fuel resulting in a warranty denial. You misrepresent my position every time you make those claims. I have never taken the position that obvious mis-fueling errors or large amounts of water in the fuel should be automatically covered under warranty. Quite the contrary, I stated very early in my battle that if water was in the fuel, I would not be asking Ford to fix the truck but would work with my fuel supplier or my insurance company. This statement was made before the final denial was issued.

I am pleased that you have had such good service from your trucks. If I had service like that I would certainly leave that manufactuer high on my list. But alas, many others, including my family, have had that manufacturer turn it's back on loyal customers...and therein lies the problem...May all the truck owners out there have good luck with their truck...but to claim you would act so differently if confronted with a similar problem is not too believable...

Regards
Ricatic
Debbie and Savannah the Wonderdachsund
2009 Big Horn 3055RL
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Dually LTX with the Gold Standard LBZ Engine and Allison Transmission
2011 F350 Lariat SRW CC SB 4WD 6.7 Diesel POS Gone Bye Bye

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
I knew when I drove one I didn't like the exhaust brake. Sorry for ricatic and the others that have been disappointed. I appreciate their candor. I wish the owner's well with their trucks.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
So FishOnOne, you decided that you wanted to let everyone know that the 6.7 Ford engine is doing so well that the mechanic has been trained to work on the 6.7 Cummins, due to what reason? I haven't said a a bad word about any of them, not any engine configuration...I had over 37,000 miles on my 2010 Dodge 3500 Cummins equipped dually, zero issues and that was me towing 15,500# plus, all over the mountains of WV, TN, NC, SC and VA...nary an issue, now I have the 2012...only about 3700 miles so far on this truck, without issue, but I would certainly hope it would be ok with only those few miles on it.

We know you're enjoying your Ford, I'm glad all is well, in the mean time, I'm enjoying my Ram...probably lot's of others out there enjoying their Chevy's and GMC's also...just talking diesels, so I stopped with the "Big Three"...
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
For some reason Ricatic feels threatened and gets on the Kool aid topic a tad bit, and probably has been banned at the other site like his HPFP expert that he brought to this site (won't mention that name :R). I for one spared with Rick when I thought the 6.0 psd was a POS and Rick challenged me many times. Turned out his truck went teets up and mine ran like a champ for over 170k miles with no real issues known when I sold it.

I don't mind Rick slurping all the Kool Aid rhetoric that's just his style, but when I point out issues "Including the Gold Standard LBZ" engine the slurping Kool Aid goes to another level.

Again I don't mind discussing issues with all our trucks as long as they are facts, but Rick has a crusade so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

And just so everyone knows before the slurping the Kool Aid threat is issued to me via Rick, I also purchased a Dodge cummins powered truck last year that my cousin spotted for me at the Ford/Chrysler dealship he works at. No big deal...

At a family reunion a few weeks ago we were talking about what's going on at his shop, and he gave me the same report as Christmas and he has only replaced one injector on a Ford 6.7 truck and no HPFP have been replaced to date at this shop. He originally specialized in Ford Diesels since '93 and because the repairs of the 6.7 PSD have dropped so much he has been trained to now work on the RAM Cummins truck particularly the 6.7 Cummins. He's had Chrysler void several cummins HPFP and Ford voided 6.4 HPFP do to fuel contamination and some are covered under warrenty (ie Fords 6.4 HPFP has an issue over time becoming weak and not producing proper fuel pressure so it get's replaced). He also commented to get a warrenty approval from Chrysler is alot more red tape than Ford.

In the meantime I'll continue to enjoy my Ford 6.7 psd Super Duty that provides great fuel economy, towing ability, comfort, and all the creature comforts that it provides. I'm at 21k miles and not one glitch. Love it...:C
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Powerdude
Explorer
Explorer
Vulcaneer wrote:
fla-gypsy wrote:
but ricatic cannot do it without constantly hurling insults, using ridiculous rhetoric, and si lly innuendo about those of us who are perfectly satisfied with our Ford products and have gotten good support from Ford.

Unfortunately, that is exactly the problem for me. I don't think anyone should shoot the messenger, because they don't like the message. Actually, I did find value in the message. But when it now includes all the bull, innuendo, rhetoric, name calling, and mis-information, and it keeps comin, comin, comin, and coming, the messenger gets tiresome. And really irritating. And when that happens, I think the messenger has a problem. And when that line is crossed, the messenger is no longer useful for me. And it makes me wonder if the message, was really all that accurate. I do believe it was...but it makes you wonder....just the same.

I am truly sorry ricactic can't get over his situation. Says he is helping others. He is the one that may need help. Obvious to me he just wants to hurt Ford every chance he gets.

Any "innuendo, bull, rhetoric" that is allegedly included is simply a figment of the reader's imagination.

Let me give you a hypothetical example.

If I tell you that "dollars suck", you would automatically think that I am "anti-dollar", that I "don't like dollars" and that I'm trying to irritate you.

That's entirely a figment of YOUR BRAIN, the reader's imagination.

I would just be merely stating facts as I see it. Not trying to be irritating. The fact that you might find it irritating is due to your own biases and opinions, or to the fact that you happen to "have" some dollars.

Replace that statement with "Ford HPOP sucks", and of course it will irritate anybody that has a Ford.

I happen to know Ricatic is a fine, upstanding member of this forum, and of a few other forums which I frequent. I don't find him irritating or demeaning or as having any sort of problem.

In fact, I think he has done the tow vehicle and RV community a great service. He is very knowledgeable and thorough.

And, the fact that Ford has previously lied about exceeding cylinder pressures on the 6.0 engine speaks volumes about their truthfulness in other areas as well.
2016 F250 CCSB 4x4 6.2L
2001 Lance 820

ricatic
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:

but ricatic cannot do it without constantly hurling insults, using ridiculous rhetoric, and si lly innuendo about those of us who are perfectly satisfied with our Ford products and have gotten good support from Ford.

Unless you are distributing the Blue KoolAid, you are not in their club...to be honest, I would not have considered you to be a Ford Fan Boy until you decided to personally attack me...You are entitled to your opinion but you do not know me..if you did you would know I do not fit the frame you are trying to use for me...

Vulcaneer wrote:

Unfortunately, that is exactly the problem for me. I don't think anyone should shoot the messenger, because they don't like the message. Actually, I did find value in the message. But when it now includes all the bull, innuendo, rhetoric, name calling, and mis-information, and it keeps comin, comin, comin, and coming, the messenger gets tiresome. And really irritating. And when that happens, I think the messenger has a problem. And when that line is crossed, the messenger is no longer useful for me. And it makes me wonder if the message, was really all that accurate. I do believe it was...but it makes you wonder....just the same.

I am truly sorry ricactic can't get over his situation. Says he is helping others. He is the one that may need help. Obvious to me he just wants to hurt Ford every chance he gets.

Vulcaneer...

Your Ford Fan Boy membership is really showing. You have a 2012 6.7 Ford and I truly wish you the best of luck with the truck. I always feel bad for the guys that are having issues with their trucks no matter which brand. As I mentioned to the Gypsy, you do not know me either. Your constant suggestions that I may need help are a bit humorous. There are many here that have had the opportunity to actually meet me or talk to me on the phone. Not one of them would support your "Rick needs help" allegation...but your perception of my desire to prevent other potential buyers of the Ford 6.7 from walking into possible problems without any knowledge is correct...and if it hurts the manufacturer, so be it. They are only looking out for themselves.

My emails are full of satisfied purchasers of any brand but Ford that thank me for pointing the finger of truth at the 6.7 Ford engine and particularly Ford's callous disregard of the very people who have fueled their sales success. You may be a lifelong Ford customer who has had good service from Ford. Good for you...but if you believe you are immune to a similar event to mine...you are whistling past the graveyard...

Regards
Ricatic
Debbie and Savannah the Wonderdachsund
2009 Big Horn 3055RL
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Dually LTX with the Gold Standard LBZ Engine and Allison Transmission
2011 F350 Lariat SRW CC SB 4WD 6.7 Diesel POS Gone Bye Bye

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
BeerCan wrote:
Sadly, if we jailed everyone that made statements like that in their emails 30% of corporate America would probably serve time. In my line of work I see emails like that all the time, it is not just a Ford thing. Hospitals are some of the worst.

I think your % numbers are a little low. My guess is 50%+.

In any event lets start the lockup process. :B
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Lessmore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Vulcaneer wrote:
fla-gypsy wrote:

I believe he is helping others, by providing his experience with a particular product.

Some might say...well he's discussed that before....isn't that enough, IMO...no...as there are always new readers and not every reader goes into an extensive search of an issue.

When I look at an expensive product to buy...I want to know as much info about the product, the company...warts and all. I want to make an informed decision before I make a large financial commitment.

I only have so much money at my disposal and I can't afford to have large repair bills....like many consumers.

I've learned over the years that it doesn't pay to be brand loyal...it pays to do due diligence on all information regarding the product you want from a particular company and the competition's similar product .

I want reliability, durability, company back up if things go wrong.

So every new vehicle I buy....I start at square one. I don't care if it's GM, Ford, Mopar or the imports. I will park my subjectivity and brand loyalty at the door and closely review all of them.

In order to do that I need information, experiences to sift and weigh...before I make a decision.

I look at all the information I get. I look for evidence that the information is objective...I look for more than one source regarding any and all information....I attempt to separate what is fact and what is fiction. Again due diligence.

To me that's just common sense.

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
fla-gypsy wrote:

'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.