cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New TV

kmbelt
Explorer
Explorer
I bit the bullet. Gave up on the 08 Duramax I had and went back to a good ole gasser.

2014 Ram 2500 SLT, Crew, 4x4 with the 6.4 Hemi.

I have put 200 miles on it this weekend and it is telling me 16.1mpg. We will see how accurate it is when i fill it up and hand calculate.

So far, it rides much better than the 08 I had. More updated interior.

Have to order and install my 5er hitch rail kit still. Then see how unlevel my camper is. About 4-6" higher bed than the GMC was.

2014 Ram 2500, 6.4 Hemi, CC, 4x4
2010 Puma 259RBSS
13 REPLIES 13

wld1985
Explorer
Explorer
Fordlover wrote:
kmbelt wrote:
wld1985 wrote:
Could of done a few things to it KM and probably would of been happy with it.. IF it had the DE Fluid, could of had that deleted and probably seen alittle more out of it... There's afew diesel forums on the web and many people that will give help on it.. I've got an 03 and love it..

Didn't have DEF, was the engine model before DEF. Thought about deleting the DPF and EGR, which was the problem, but didn't want to deal with doing it or paying for it. had some other issues too with power mirrors blowing fuses constantly, window switches going bad, etc.

Interesting, 'round these parts the GM trucks are perfect and never have any issues, at least according to those who own them.

Hope you enjoy the new truck, the new Rams are very impressive.

Yeah.. I guess the Biggest thing here is, finding a good mechanic that will treat you fare and knowing another person who can Tune it with say EFI Live or another tuner to delete the codes and such.. Where it would make you alittle more power and No check engine lights..

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
While I love my 09 F-250 SuperDuty 6.8L V-10 if I had to buy a new truck today and seeing the 6.8L is no longer available in the PU body, the Ram 2500 6.4L would be on my short list along with the Ford 6.2L. It would come down to nothing but price as I consider them pretty much equal trucks. Nice choice and I am sure it will serve you well.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
kmbelt wrote:
wld1985 wrote:
Could of done a few things to it KM and probably would of been happy with it.. IF it had the DE Fluid, could of had that deleted and probably seen alittle more out of it... There's afew diesel forums on the web and many people that will give help on it.. I've got an 03 and love it..

Didn't have DEF, was the engine model before DEF. Thought about deleting the DPF and EGR, which was the problem, but didn't want to deal with doing it or paying for it. had some other issues too with power mirrors blowing fuses constantly, window switches going bad, etc.

Interesting, 'round these parts the GM trucks are perfect and never have any issues, at least according to those who own them.

Hope you enjoy the new truck, the new Rams are very impressive.
2016 Skyline Layton Javelin 285BH
2018 F-250 Lariat Crew 6.2 Gas 4x4 FX4 4.30 Gear
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed daily driver
Retired 2002 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4
Sold 2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK

e-light
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome! It's a GREAT truck. You can get that kind of mileage if you are easy on it. Mine will get great economy at 55-60 mph on the flats. I also try not to use the brake unless I have to. The tranny does a great job of stopping the truck. I just anticipate the stops and back off the throttle...saves a lot of fuel.
2015 Cougar 339BHS 5er
2016 RAM 2500 Crew Cab, 4x4, Laramie, 6.7L Cummins
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 5th Wheel Connection
GONE:
2014 RAM 2500 Crew Cab, 4x4, Tradesman, 6.4L Hemi

kmbelt
Explorer
Explorer
wld1985 wrote:

2010 Puma 259RBSS

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on ur new truck!
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

wld1985
Explorer
Explorer

kmbelt
Explorer
Explorer
calamus wrote:
How many Miles did the Duramax have on it? What did you get out of it? We thought about a new Dodge Diesel this year but our 03 duramax just rolled 120,000 this spring and we have had it since new and cant seem to part with it! Not having a truck payment helps a little to!!!!

The duramax had only 86k on the clock. It did a ton of regen's, which killed fuel economy. I do a lot of short commutes. My drive to work is about 5 miles, so a diesel was not an ideal choice for a daily driver. I only got 15-16 on the highway at 65mph and only 8.7 or so towing due to constant regens.
2010 Puma 259RBSS

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks like a jewel... I also like the chrome inserts in the rims.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

calamus
Explorer
Explorer
How many Miles did the Duramax have on it? What did you get out of it? We thought about a new Dodge Diesel this year but our 03 duramax just rolled 120,000 this spring and we have had it since new and cant seem to part with it! Not having a truck payment helps a little to!!!!
2015 3500HD Chevy Dually Duramax, 2008 Sundance 2014 22'SSX bennington pontoon

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very sharp, should handle your Puma with ease. Can't wait for a towing report.

OpenRangePullen
Explorer
Explorer
Looks good, but for a gasser of that size I dont think you will be seeing 16mpg for long.
2013 OpenRange Roamer 395bhs
2022 F350srw Limited, tower
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, daily
2002 Accord V6/5spd, project
2014 Kawasaki Concours

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats, good looking truck :C
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL