06 Chevy 1500 4x4 E-Cab 3.73 5.3L
07 Dodge 1500 5.7L Hemi 3.55 / 2010 Jayco 17z
All above are sold, no longer own an RV
25 REPLIES 25

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
MVH1 wrote:

I guess it worked but not sure how to get the pic in the same post.

Perhaps you'll have to edit one of the posts and copy out the url to the other post. Then blank out the other post.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Bionic Man wrote:
NC Hauler wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Thanks for the link!

No surprise! They are showing up everywhere, Ambulances wreckers and many other applications. Just a great MD truck.

And you too can have the same Medium Duty 6.7 Cummins engine Medium Duty Aisin Transmission in a RAM 3500 SRW DRW pickup truck.

I do!

Even Fish thinks mine is a 4500! :B

Courtesy of Ford themselves:)...They had to use a 4500 to compete with Ram's 3500 towing numbers, so they just stated that the 3500, in their view was a 4500...so, if Ford said it, it must be true,,,,,And "the" Fisher had the word on passed on to him from a cousin of a friends sisters, brother, whose Aunt heard it from a distant friend in Timbuktu..so, it must be true:)

Almost spot on NC. You forgot the part where the troller weaves the built in Mexico part somewhere into the story.:W

Yeah, I'm waiting for that one, though I've heard it time after time after time....Bet he doesn't do any shopping at Wally World...:)
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
NC Hauler wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Thanks for the link!

No surprise! They are showing up everywhere, Ambulances wreckers and many other applications. Just a great MD truck.

And you too can have the same Medium Duty 6.7 Cummins engine Medium Duty Aisin Transmission in a RAM 3500 SRW DRW pickup truck.

I do!

Courtesy of Ford themselves:)...They had to use a 4500 to compete with Ram's 3500 towing numbers, so they just stated that the 3500, in their view was a 4500...so, if Ford said it, it must be true,,,,,And "the" Fisher had the word on passed on to him from a cousin of a friends sisters, brother, whose Aunt heard it from a distant friend in Timbuktu..so, it must be true:)

Almost spot on NC. You forgot the part where the troller weaves the built in Mexico part somewhere into the story.:W
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
NC Hauler wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Thanks for the link!

I do!

All too funny and true at the same time.

Fact is the F350 Dully would not pass the SAE J2807 standards. They won't until they step up and build a NEW truck since the SD is basically the same truck since 1999 with some lipstick to try and keep up with the competition. Some day the smoke and mirrors will finally fade away and they will build a new truck that will meet the independent standards they "claim" to meet. The SD was a good platform in 1999, I think they have milked it long enough.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Thanks for the link!

I do!

Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
MVH1 wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out this picture thing. This is the first time in my 20 years on the job that I have seen a dodge ram in the fleet.

Interesting, especially since its a Hemi and not a diesel.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

MVH1
Explorer
Explorer

I guess it worked but not sure how to get the pic in the same post.

MVH1
Explorer
Explorer

I'm still trying to figure out this picture thing. This is the first time in my 20 years on the job that I have seen a dodge ram in the fleet.

Fast_Mopar
Explorer
Explorer
Ford owns this market with their F450/F550, but I have been seeing more Rams around (ambulance, tow truck, Brinks armored, utility bucket truck). Competition makes everyone better. This is a good thing for everyone.
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2009 Chevy Cobalt XFE
2004 Ford Freestar 4.2 liter
2003 Jayco Qwest 12A
ex: 1969 Dodge Super Bee, 1973 Plymouth Road Runner, 1987 Dodge Shelby CSX
preserve the Second Amendment

Bedlam
Funny, this winter we only had a few nights dropping bellow +35 degrees where you are talking negative numbers I have only read about. I think the coldest my 6.0 PSD ever saw was -5 degrees overnight when up in the mountains (that was only once). It didn't complain even though I did not have the block heater plugged in.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Arcamper wrote:
I know our local fire and rescue trucks have all gone from Ford to Ram. They must know something...

Our new Rams, 14s and 15's 2500 to 5500 models have had some issues in the arctic conditions up here on the job, but no where near the severity of issues with the Dmaxes and Pstrokes.
We have worst possible conditions, 0 to -40 deg F. Some idle 24/7. No load driving conditions, max speed 35mph and the longest road is about 3 miles before you need to stop or turn around. Certain death for newer diesels.
The problems we've experienced that differ form the other 2 brands out of a fleet of 15+ new Rams are, 3 bad DEF injectors (think the def is freezing and cracking the injector bodies, line heater doesn't take care of it, 1 bad ammonia sensor, and on the 5500's only, the transfer case rear output seal gets loose and works it's way partially out of the case bore, causing a leak at the tail shaft. This last problem only happens at below -35F and we just loc tited the seals in. 1 water pump on a new truck, weird anomaly.
NONE of the RAMS have had to go through a manual re-gen due to dpf plugging, but some have had to be driven to re gen.

On the FOrd 6.7s, no hard parts issues with the emissions systems, but they will plug and need a manual regen at least monthly if run continuous. The def tanks will crack when they freeze up when the trucks are shut off if they are over 3/4 full (can fill the Rams and GMs to full without them popping when they freeze up). The Pstrokes all get CAT silicone O rings in the hydroboost pressure lines and they still leak regularly, but without the O ring replacement, they will dump all the power steering juice at about -30.

Duramax trucks are a little better, but they have similar issues with leaks on the radiator hose plastics connections as well as trans cooler lines leaking. The Dmax trucks will also plug up about the same as the Strokers and need a manual re-gen.

Perhaps the dumbest thing is that a vehicle owner can't manually re-gen their truck without proprietary software, but I guess it keeps the mfgs from having customers burning stuff down.

The Rams also ingest the least amount of snow into the air filter.
In a recent convoy through a 50-70mph wind/blizzard/whiteout, ALL trucks were suffering from snow injestion. Air filters were all blocks of ice the next day. ALL the trucks threw the air filter minders up on the DIC screens. The Cummins Rams were the only brand that didn't have any complete shut downs or reduced power due to lack of air.

In short, we do our best to kill trucks up here and the new Rams seem to die last!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Bedlam
transamz9 wrote:
Bedlam wrote:
I'm worried I would destroy the finish before sticker came off. It's one of those CARB things that is being pushed down to other states - Just look at the outline in the background of the sticker...

It will come off with an eraser wheel. I remove decals like that all the time. The glue is a little tougher than standard vinyl but it comes right off with brake clean.;)

I didn't know about eraser wheels until now. In the past I used heat and a plastic putty knife to work the edge of decals and stickers up. Oven cleaner always took care of painted flourishes someone added later.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
larry barnhart wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Our new RV on order is supposed to have a "GREEN" something sticker on it next to the door. I said it better not be there when I pick it up!

better green than a lemon. Just to make ya laugh.

chevman

HA True!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Our new RV on order is supposed to have a "GREEN" something sticker on it next to the door. I said it better not be there when I pick it up!

better green than a lemon. Just to make ya laugh.

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110