cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ram spray in bed liner.

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
To those that bought their Rams with the spray in already there asa factory option, are you happy with it so far? I've barely used mine for much more than dirt bikes and have several chips/peels in it already.
I had true LineX in my last truck and it was bullet proof.
Does anyone know what they're using to spray these? Local vendors after delivery or actually coming from the factory that way? They claimed lifetime warranty when I bought it.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion
10 REPLIES 10

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
2014 6.4 2500 - Bedliner was done at the factory. It's held up okay, I suppose. I throw a folding ladder in/out a couple times a day and there are some chips on the tailgate. I have a piece of plywood in the bed. My Rhino liner in an old truck held up about equally as well. Keep in mind this is a truck... things will dent and chip during normal use. I don't see how this is somehow a "defective" product that should be covered under some warranty but that's just me. This seems like going after the manufacturer of a helmet for showing scratches. The point of the liner is to protect the bed from damage. It will show some signs of wear along the way.

2012Oudoorsman
Explorer
Explorer
Mine came with it from the factory. It's 3 years old now and had held up well to the dents that I've put in the bed and wheel wells from firewood. However I decided not to get it through the factory when I just placed my order for a new truck. I didn't like how thin it was applied and feel the aftermarket ones are thicker and may resist denting more. On the bed near the rear window you could see the white paint from my bed through it.

I was told it was part of the bumper to bumper warranty which means it's only good for three years. The after market one that I've arranged to be installed will have a lifetime warranty. Only time will tell but the price was $75 more for the aftermarket so hopefully it'll be worth it.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
My 11 RAM Dually had the liner it was in great shape when trading the truck at 4 years and 65K.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I just noticed 3 or 4 chips right at the upper edge of the tailgate. Everything in the bed looks fine. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow if I get a chance, interested to hear the details of the 'warranty' .
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
The bed was sprayed when I looked at my 2013 at the dealers prior to buying it. Don't know if it was sprayed at factory or by a local shop.

It has been holding up wonderfully, and I do load it.

I creased the inner wheel well loading a tractor that did not quite fit. The wheel well has a profound crease (dent) but the liner barely has a scratch. No peeling, no chipping....it flexed (bent) with the wheel well as if they sprayed it over the dent.

Greene728
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is factory also. I've only had it right at 3 months and so far no problems at all. It's very thick and holding up great with my normal usage at this point.
2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHS ( Traded )
2017 Grand Design 303RLS ( Sold )
Currently camperless ( Just taking a break )
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 6.0 and 4:10’s
Me and the wife and our two daughters. Life's good!

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is factory, will be 3 years old in May and looks as good now as it did when I purchased the truck. A good job was done and it's very durable. Also easy to keep clean. I like it.
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is factory. No chips or scratches yet that I'm aware of. I've hauled a pretty good variety of stuff in the last year, including a motorcycle. The plastic at the top of the tailgate is another story.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you're looking to have it repaired I would take it to a ram dealer in order to maintain its warranty
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if mine was sprayed at the factory or dealership, but I've been happy with it so far. It's a pretty hard material but I've had no chips or peeling anywhere so far. I like it a lot better than any drop in liner I've ever been around.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB