cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rickson Steel 19.5 wheel update

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
On Feb 7th we placed an order for Rickson Steel hub centric 19.5 wheels for my 2003 F350 SRW. Today I was notified that they had received the material necessary to make my wheels and the are beginning production. I should receive them in two to three weeks.

So if you are planning this upgrade, this is the time frame you should expect for completion of your order.S

I cant wait to get them.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags
38 REPLIES 38

skipbee
Explorer
Explorer
Duplicate post.
skipbee
2004 F350 Diesel CC SRW 19.5" Rickson W/T 4WD
2005 Lance 1121 well found.
See us on YouTube" Living the Lance Life" 3 of 4. Google skip bosley for TR's: Alaska, Assateague Island, Disney World & Fla Keys and a California Coastal jaunt.

skipbee
Explorer
Explorer
We live a short distance from Rickson and have been using their gear for about 10 years. We discovered that the 19.5" tires did not fare well when aired down to operate in the very soft sand on the beach at Assateague Island in Maryland. Nitto Dune Grapplers on 16" wheels are our sand tires, that we swap when close to the beach.

I believe you will not find a more helpful and capable outfit to deal with, They have stood behind every product we have purchased. Dan even goes thru all the tires and checks each for roundness and quality. Many are returned.

It is definitely worth the wait to get top quality, especially for we who are carrying heavy loads long distances. Our "H" rated wheels and tires are a worry free solution that was worked for travel from Alaska to the Florida Keys and many places in between.
skipbee
2004 F350 Diesel CC SRW 19.5" Rickson W/T 4WD
2005 Lance 1121 well found.
See us on YouTube" Living the Lance Life" 3 of 4. Google skip bosley for TR's: Alaska, Assateague Island, Disney World & Fla Keys and a California Coastal jaunt.

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
I picked up a used set of Ricksons off ebay for a steal. Here is my Experience.. I love them!
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

Bigfootchevy
Explorer
Explorer
Wo.ody wrote:
So if you upgrade from 17" or 18" OEM wheels to 19.5 Rickson's, is there a problem to "upgrade' your speedometer and TPMS?

When I added my 19.5's to my Chevy truck I had no problems and didn't do any upgrades.

Paul

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
Why are the aluminum no longer available? Did they have problems or just stopped making them? I may have a line on a used set of the aluminum but don't want them if they had problems.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

TJMarc
Explorer
Explorer
Wo.ody wrote:
So if you upgrade from 17" or 18" OEM wheels to 19.5 Rickson's, is there a problem to "upgrade' your speedometer and TPMS?

The speedometer, depends on the overall diameter (circumference actually) of the tire wheel assembly. If the new 19.5 setup matches (or really close) the OEM setup, then no. Word of caution, in my case, many of the higher load capacity 19.5 tires where larger in diameter than my OEM tires. So there is a chance if you need the higher capacities, you have to go larger in size and have the speedometer adjusted. It's typically not hard to adjust the speedo but depends on your vehicle and resources.
2017 Ram 3500 DRW/6.7 CTD/AISIN/3.73
2013 AF 811
2004 Jeep TJ (slightly modded)
18' PJ Buggy Hauler

Wo_ody
Explorer
Explorer

bka0721
Explorer II
Explorer II
NRALIFR wrote:
Bryan, why did you need to replace the OEM wheels and tires on your F550? It came with 19.5 wheels and Continental tires, correct?
I haven't really had any issues with mine, and was pleasantly surprised how they performed this past winter.
:):)
The topic of overloading the rear axle, or front for that matter, comes up often and I read how many are comfortable in driving their trucks being ½ to 1 ton over their GVWR. They often state that they believe there is a cushion for this in the design. Well, I can only go by what I have learned and what I have seen. My rear axle was within 400 lbs, of being over it’s GVWR, or 100 lbs per tire. The problem was that the sidewalls were bulging and they had the maximum P.S.I. in them . It wasn’t unusual for someone to come up to me and let me know I had a low tire on the back. I always thanked them for their concern, but that was just the way the 225s always looked. The tires bulged so much, it made me nervous driving the back roads, with the rocks sticking up just reaching up to slice the bulging sidewalls of my truck. I knew early I needed to do something. The problem was, the rims were not wide enough to safely accept the next size up of tires. So the die was cast, I needed new wheels and tires.

The sidewall bulging on my OEM tires

The height and width difference between the OEM tire and wheel to the Rickson tire and wheel ~ 225 to 245

08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Rickson has rims for DRW pickups that allow one to use one pair of tires with it, rather than two, without losing the dually load capacity. This is definitely an idea worth thinking about if one does serious four wheeling, although the extended width is still present.

Rickson rims are on my list after StableLoads and airbags. It helps ensure that the tires and wheels are not the weakest link.

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
Boatycall wrote:
PICTURES! I want to see some pics from those of you that have 19.5's. I'm thinking of stepping up. It's about the only thing I HAVEN'T done yet...

My SRW I no longer have.

Rickson Steel Wheel

Rickson Aluminum Eliminator

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Bryan, why did you need to replace the OEM wheels and tires on your F550? It came with 19.5 wheels and Continental tires, correct?

I haven't really had any issues with mine, and was pleasantly surprised how they performed this past winter.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

bka0721
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boatycall wrote:
PICTURES! I want to see some pics from those of you that have 19.5's. I'm thinking of stepping up. It's about the only thing I HAVEN'T done yet...
Not sure if this picture will help. This is the first picture I took of my newly mounted tires and wheels, right after I did it myself in a nearby parking lot.

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

RZAR66
Explorer
Explorer
Boatycall wrote:

Go to their website. They have plenty of pictures of their wheels on just about anythng you could think of.
2018 Ford F-350 DRW
2024 Northern Lite 10-2

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo