cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rodent Reminder

maxwell11
Explorer
Explorer
Just a reminder of what time of the year it is!!!!

Mice time, they love to come in and bed up in our travel trailers for the winter.
They can eat or naw throught iron if they want inside.

just remember to put mice bait packs around the trailer, on top of your trailer and inside the trailer.

Just good insurance, as you normally will never see or hear them until the damage is done.

for some reason they really like wiring

good luck and stay safe, but do not forget the mice paks.

last year randy the raccoon determined he wanted into my travel trailer, he ripped about a 2ft dia hole in the rubber roof material. He never got into the trailer, but why did he do that and the trailer was setting in the shed?????????
24 REPLIES 24

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Fresh Cab is available at Tractor Supply stores.
Fresh Cab
It smells like Balsam Fir trees.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

S_Sullivan
Explorer
Explorer
Other than ordering - where can I find "Fresh Cab". We have had RVs of various types for 25 years. Today was the first time I have found evidence of mice. I cried..... I need to get some of this stuff ASAP and try it out.

REDF350
Explorer
Explorer
As far as Fresh Cab goes, check out the reviews on Amazon. Very mixed. Some folks love it, some hate it.

As far as mice in TT goes, they will get in if they want to. Remove every last crumb before storing for the winter, and wash down every surface with an appropriate cleaner. Place mouse traps in and around the TT and check them every week.
2003 Coachmen Catalina 300 TBS
2006 Ford F350, 6.8L, V10, 4.10
Husky 1000 WD
Camco friction sway control
Prodigy BC
Wife, Four Children (22G, 19G, 17B, 11G)
One Labrador

Taplep
Explorer
Explorer
Dandy, the suspense is killing us! Please tell us! We are a sick group, aren't we? :B
2010 KZ Sportsman S272BH
2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

boomertab
Explorer
Explorer
Someone gave you the best answer on the rodents early in the topic. A product called "Fresh Cab" will keep the rodents out of and away from your RV. One early review I read about it said that mice had chewed their way through a screen door to get away from it. We live in the country and have lots of rodent problems in the fall and winter. Not since we started using Fresh Cab. Four packets come in a box of Fresh Cab and you scatter the packets in your RV. The predominant ingredient used to be eucalyptus and that was the smell you got from it. Someone told me recently that the packets had different ingredients now, but that they still worked.

jimmyinsd
Explorer
Explorer
ok so is Dandy going to leave us hanging for eternity on the hamster thing?

FYI: i was told the dryer sheets have to be original Bounce. maybe this would explain why some have success and others dont???

JeepCB
Explorer
Explorer
Come on, what happened to the hamster already?
๐Ÿ™‚
"Life is hard; it's harder when you're stupid" J.W.

2006 Dodge 3500 4x4 SRW QC/LB 5.9 CRD 6spd, w/Pacbrake.
2006 Denali 29rl-H5. 2 6V GC Batteries, but no solar yet.

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
I talked to a neighbor who said that the mice used the dryer sheets to make their mest in their RV. Could have been a once in a kind.

shortbus_driver
Explorer
Explorer
This thread is worthless without a hampster update.

chip_litch
Explorer
Explorer
Checking back later to find out what happened to the hamster

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
I third the hampster thing. ๐Ÿ™‚

And I can second the Victor traps. Worked like a charm on the visitor I had...
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

jimmyinsd
Explorer
Explorer
esox07 wrote:
and I want to know what happened to the hampster.

as sick as it may be.... me too.

esox07
Explorer
Explorer
and I want to know what happened to the hampster.
Minnesota Viking fan trapped in Wisconsin
2011 KZ Sportsmen Classic 19BH
2013 Chevy Silverado 1500, Ext Cab, 5.3L Z71, 4x4
Boliy 3600si
AAA Plus RV

gdavidg
Explorer
Explorer
Dandy,

What electronic repeller did you get? Where from? Thanks