cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad about Livin Lite Camp Lite Products

delosholly
Explorer
Explorer
We have a great Livin Lite model 10.0 TC. We bought this product because of its non-wood construction and all aluminum exterior/framing, to include the roof.

Now since Thor bought-out LL, they have, in my opinion, diminished the quality of the product line. I just learned that all new TCs and other RVs made by LL will have TPO roofs over AZDEL, or something like that. So wood cabinet faces, TPO roofs, and fewer axles on some TT models...

While I understand that many RVs use TPO roofing, again in my opinion, an all aluminum roof is better and will last longer. The company has also stopped taking customizing requests. I just wonder what the future holds for the brand.

So Sad!!
Delos & Holly
2013 Camplite Truck Camper 10.0
2014 Ram 2500 Reg SRW LB
2012 Burgman 650
24 REPLIES 24

Driftwood132
Explorer
Explorer
Not going to bash company's but a friend bought a ACE motorhome made by Thor last year I was not impressed with the quality of the workmanship.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thor = Garbage, simple as that.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Steve_in_29
Explorer
Explorer
delosholly wrote:
We have a great Livin Lite model 10.0 TC. We bought this product because of its non-wood construction and all aluminum exterior/framing, to include the roof.

Now since Thor bought-out LL, they have, in my opinion, diminished the quality of the product line. I just learned that all new TCs and other RVs made by LL will have TPO roofs over AZDEL, or something like that. So wood cabinet faces, TPO roofs, and fewer axles on some TT models...

While I understand that many RVs use TPO roofing, again in my opinion, an all aluminum roof is better and will last longer. The company has also stopped taking customizing requests. I just wonder what the future holds for the brand.

So Sad!!

A slow (or possibly not so slow) slide into being just another cookie cutter product and with nothing to differentiate them from the already crowded field of competitors, probably an eventual shutdown of production.
2007 F350,SC,LB,4x4,6.0/Auto,35" tires,16.5 Warn,Buckstop bumpers
2007 Outfitter Apex9.5,270W solar,SolarBoost2000e,2 H2K's,2KW inverter,2 20lb LP on slide out tray,4 Lifeline AGM bats,Tundra fridge
95 Bounder 28' ClassA sold
91 Jamboree 21' ClassC sold

delosholly
Explorer
Explorer
They are still in business, they just have changed the construction of their products. I did not mention that they have been/are using wood in the ramps of their toy haulers, too. Many people thought they were buying a toy hauler that had no wood in it, but there was in the ramps.

So if they have started with wood in the ramps and wood on the cabinet faces/drawers, what will be next to go away from what they originally intended to make, RVs with no wood in them.

I hope they change back, but I am sure retooling cost will kill that idea.
Delos & Holly
2013 Camplite Truck Camper 10.0
2014 Ram 2500 Reg SRW LB
2012 Burgman 650

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
So, what happens now with the Ford/Livin Lite Camp Lite partnership? Is it gone for good now or will they still make them for Ford?
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

wvabeer
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I got one of the good ones with the aluminum roof. That TPO is garbage. I thought they were only using wood on cabinet doors.
1999 Dutch Star DP3884
2015 Camplite 6.8C
2012 Cherokee 39L destination
2022 F350 XL 4x4
07 FLHRS

STANG23L
Explorer
Explorer
First thing that happens to existing products after a buyout. Cost reduction!!!!

Sounds like they are doing exactly this. Easiest way to drag a company out of debt or simply increase profit margins.
2014 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel

2lazy4U
Explorer
Explorer
Same thing happened when Thor took over the T@b trailer.

kohldad
Explorer
Explorer
It is never good for the consumer when a huge company buys a small company. It is usually good for the workers who do not lose their jobs.

Small companies realize the value of "word of mouth" advertising while big companies only want to maximize profits which they think entails minimizing all expenses.
2015 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab SRW 6.4 Hemi LB 3.73 (12.4 hand calc avg mpg after 92,000 miles with camper)
2004 Lance 815 (prev: 2004 FW 35'; 1994 TT 30'; Tents)

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Time will tell how they do. At least, you have the one you want.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member