Explorer
Winterized the Jayco.
2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
13 REPLIES 13

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
I winterized in mid-November before it got real cold here in NJ. Yesterday I had to get a couple of items from the TT's understorage area. I had to move the rolled up water hose out of the way to get to them, and I noticed the hose was really stiff from the cold. Fortunately I drained that hose before I rolled it up. I can only imagine if I had water sitting in any of the TT's plumbing without RV antifreeze.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

Highway_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
OK, it's been one of the driest and warmest Decembers on record. I have had to water the lawn and it keeps growing so I have to mow it. It does get cold when the sun goes down to the low 50's. It is good weather to put an extra coat of wax on the TT. I do pity everyone east, it looks nasty on the news. If we had that here there would be accidents everywhere and every RV in So Cal would have busted pipes. Don't think of moving here, there is no room and we are due for an 8+ earthquake.
2014 Ram Cummins Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, Loaded, Snugtop camper
2014 OutdoorsRV Wind River 250RDSW
Big spoiled Bernese Mountain Dog

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
Highway 4x4 wrote:
I don't even know how to winterize and don't want to learn. I checked to make sure my AC unit was ready for my New Years trip as it was almost 80 in my driveway today.

Rub it in. lol
2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS

Highway_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
I don't even know how to winterize and don't want to learn. I checked to make sure my AC unit was ready for my New Years trip as it was almost 80 in my driveway today.
2014 Ram Cummins Laramie, Crew cab, 4x4, Loaded, Snugtop camper
2014 OutdoorsRV Wind River 250RDSW
Big spoiled Bernese Mountain Dog

krobbe
Explorer
Explorer
You poor thing. I had to winterize the first week of November in the Great White North!
Me'62, DW'67, DS'04, DD'07
'03 Chevy Suburban 2500LT 4WD Vortec8.1L 4L85-E 3.73 CurtClassV
'09 BulletPremier295BHS 33'4" 7200#Loaded 1100#Tongue Equal-i-zerHitch Tires:Kumho857
Pics

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
Not NEARLY as sad as it would be to NOT winterize your RV
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

workhardplayha1
Explorer
Explorer
:B I have never had to winterize :B

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
I winterized back in November, it turned cold just after I did it. I still go out there and run the heater, etc. I haven't cover my awning up yet. I opened it yesterday to let it air dry. One day it had ice inside of it....Dutchmen Sport, be safe on the way home.
Mark

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Don't feel bad. I just winterized the second time this year, just this morning. Winterized in October just before it turned real cold. Then, went to Florida over Christmas and un-winterized. We left Falling Waters State Park this morning, and winterized again. We're far enough North, we're in the "freeze" zone again but not home yet. Spending the night in a motel, only because of all this horrible rain pulverizing Alabama right now! Horrid driving after dark. Couldn't take it any longer, had to stop. And it's friggin' cold again! ARRR....

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
We have done that 2 times already this season and my do more. Just never know.
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB

04FWPioneer
Explorer
Explorer
yeah we put our 'up for the winter' too.
But more because there was so much going on over these winter months that we knew we'd have limited time, if any, to go camping.
Still sad though and I am really missing it too.

L

calewjohnson
Explorer
Explorer
Well, you could have skipped winterizing, then had a miserable nightmare in the spring... ๐Ÿ™‚

I would get out and still use it as suggested.

Cale
TV: 2015 6.7 F350 CC LB 4x4 DRW with 14k GVWR option (4.3 gear), 98 gallon aux tank installed by Transfer Flow
New: 2014 Voltage 3950
Traded: 2014 Outback 323BH
Still Have: 2007 Fleetwood Nitrous 23ft Toy Hauler

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't be sad.. We winterize ours and still go camping and fishing. Just throw the porta-potti in the bathroom and a couple igloo coolers and your set to go. Warm place to stay and outdoor fun in the colder months.

We do this alot to a avoid frozen lines during hunting season when it gets down below 15 degrees or so. To many mornings with the hair dryer trying to find the golden spot that froze.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04