cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

She's Beautiful!!

jbjuices
Explorer
Explorer
We picked up our new trailer over the weekend from Camping World. It's a 2014 Rockwood Signature 2311SS Diamond Ed. The dealer was fine to work with although I had to switch from a salesmen to a sales manager to help us because we weren't being taken serious at first. We got a great deal on the camper and our trade in, we got the Elite Membership, a $50 gift card and a free Tailgaiter satellite. The camper is the light brown color and after having it a couple of days, I've found out little things about it that we are going to love. I listed my favorites below, but it sure is a big step up from our 23' Sharock Hybrid.
-The room we have is unbelievable.
-Corian countertops
-Outside kitchen will be really nice
-The storage space allows us to only unpack what we need at the campsite vs. unloading completely like we had to do in with our Hybrid.
-The LED lights throughout
-The blacked out frameless windows
-the Day and Night shades that are easy to lower and raise
-the double awnings that provide shade throughout the whole side of the trailer
-The LED lights that are built into our awnings
-the large bathroom with a bathtub (great for little ones) and a separate exit/entry
-the little things, like a step light, under the counter light, direction lighting over the bed and couch, and the walkthrough lights
-the Biggest part is the bed...we will finally get the sleep in comfort

We leaving for a week long camping trip at Table Rock State Park in Branson MO, so will let you know if there are things we don't like once we return. I'm sure one thing will be the towing...its such a huge unit.
RV: 2018 Highland Ridge Open Range 328BHS
TV: 2017 Ford F350 Platinum
2nd RV: 2010 Jayco 1207 PUP
2nd TV: 2004 Ford Excursion V10
Me ('72), DW ('76),
DS ('02), DD ('05), DD ('08)
Yellow Lab ('14), Golden Doodle ('12), Bichon Frise ('18)
15 REPLIES 15

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
OMG, what a beast! Happy camping!!
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
Just make sure your extra tank is sealed up tight. Or just keep the Excursion windows closed. LOL

That is a beautiful rig you have there. The color is very similar to my new Keystone Bullet, which I really prefer over the white that I had in my last TT. Even though it is 4' longer, it doesn't look as imposing like the last TT, and blends in more on the side of our house, which we just had resided in a similar color.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

popupcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Front end seems quite high on the excursion

jbjuices
Explorer
Explorer
...by the way, do you like where we store our black/grey water tank. Very attractive isn't it?
Me ('72), DW ('76),

jbjuices
Explorer
Explorer
Can't believe I didn't post the picture. We left on vacation right after I posted and just got back. Here's the picture to our new camper. The 1st trip was awesome. The Excursion towed this nicely, even up a very steep hill from a stand still. We had one scare and that was trying to get out of the camp spot we were in. It was tight and I took as wide a turn as possible to avoid a tree branch, but I rubbed the branch along the top back corner; no damage thank goodness...just had to remove some tree bark. I did, however, bottom out at the rear of my camper, but it only ripped my rubber around the electric jacks...should be easy to replace.

Me ('72), DW ('76),

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
Probably looks something like this....

Stock pictures......
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
Need pics! LOL
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
Congratulations on the new trailer. ๐Ÿ™‚ I just looked at it online and I like it. ๐Ÿ™‚
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Nice TT, but pack light. Only 1499lbs CCC. I'm guessing with kids you'll be close to the GVW.

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
2edgesword wrote:
And yes, the thread is worthless without pictures :).

+2

One can't start a thread and title it "She's Beautiful" and not have pictures. That's like disrespecting the internet.

:B
I love me some land yachting

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new TT.
We're waiting for the pictures..........:)

Enjoy your travels.

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new trailer. Enjoy!

And yes, the thread is worthless without pictures :).

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gotta love the fromt window - sweet!
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
realebill wrote:
you sure its not an 8311SS ? if that's it,you're right. looks like an impressive rig. (wanted to see pics,but i couldn't find a 2311SS .)

In the OP's signature is the correct model. It's a real nice camper - you'll really enjoy it.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S