cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold the Tundra... : (

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well boys and girls, another Tundra owner down. With the new trailer and all the stuff that my wife likes to bring camping with us now I was a couple hundred lbs over my payload on our last trip. As the kids grow and we acquire more "stuff" in the new trailer, I knew that we would go further and further over the Tundra's payload.

I had been watching truck prices and stumbled upon a used 2015 Ram 2500 with the Cummins, 10K miles for $39K. I checked the trailer wire connectors, still brand new with the factory di-electric grease untouched inside... never towed! It was super clean and only a little more money than a new gas would have set me back. The dealer also provides a lifetime powertrain warranty. We couldn't pass up the deal and brought it home tonight.

Sad to see the Tundra go. It was a wonderful truck and did everything that we asked it to do. Towing was a breeze with the Tundra... but I can only imagine how much better the Cummins will pull.

Surprisingly, the Ram with the coil suspension doesn't feel nearly as harsh as I would have expected. We will be headed out on the first tow this weekend to the beach. Can't wait to see how the Cummins pulls.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS
50 REPLIES 50

Fresno_Tundra_D
Explorer
Explorer
jtallon wrote:
Some common courtesy goes a long way.

If someone asks your opinion before they purchase, that's the time to throw out what you think of the choice, be it brand, size, or options.

But once they've shelled out their hard-earned money, the decision is made. It's the time to offer congratulations and compliments, or let it be. Negative opinions wont' change anything.

If your friend gets married, you don't tell him at the wedding reception that his new wife is a trashy gold-digger. You tell him before the wedding, or you keep your opinion to yourself. It's too late to fix it, so there's no point in raining on his parade. That's what my Grandpa used to tell me, anyway.

The OP chose a very fine, capable truck. It should be reliable, safe, and well suited to his purpose. It's not as if he's lugging around an oversized trailer with an undersized tow vehicle. So it's time for a thumbs-up and a bit of class.

You raise an interesting point here but it's one,I believe, applies in a "village" not in the world of social media. I don't know the OP, therefore I was not granted the opportunity of sharing my opinion with him before he bought it. Do you see my point? This forum is designed to share information, provide feedback and give opinions among people well most likely never meet so it's a bit different. The courtesy lesson needs to be learned by the two name callers who like to insult.
And to Chopper, yeah that space shuttle got me man. It only came out 12 years after I bought my truck!! Good attempt at trying to stir the pot though.
E.Lee Galik

DakotaDad
Explorer
Explorer
Some common courtesy goes a long way.

If someone asks your opinion before they purchase, that's the time to throw out what you think of the choice, be it brand, size, or options.

But once they've shelled out their hard-earned money, the decision is made. It's the time to offer congratulations and compliments, or let it be. Negative opinions wont' change anything.

If your friend gets married, you don't tell him at the wedding reception that his new wife is a trashy gold-digger. You tell him before the wedding, or you keep your opinion to yourself. It's too late to fix it, so there's no point in raining on his parade. That's what my Grandpa used to tell me, anyway.

The OP chose a very fine, capable truck. It should be reliable, safe, and well suited to his purpose. It's not as if he's lugging around an oversized trailer with an undersized tow vehicle. So it's time for a thumbs-up and a bit of class.
Jason, Angie, and our boys, Sean (13) and Liam (8)
Now with Radar and Daisy, both Boston Terriers. Missing Artemus the Labrador, gone on ahead.
2016 Ram 3500 CC Big Horn - 6.7 Cummins - B&W RVK3600 hitch
2015 Palomino Sabre 33RETS Platinum fifth wheel

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Those space shuttle commercials sure worked. Well, for some folks. No recalls on Toyota?

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Fresno_Tundra_D
Explorer
Explorer
IdaD, the reason you may have gotten worse treatment in the past 20 years is that you resort to name calling. Try to be helpful but civil. Insults are unneccessary.
E.Lee Galik

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Fresno Tundra Driver wrote:
IdaD wrote:
ChopperBill wrote:
Sell a Tundra and getting a real truck, best news I've heard all day.

Maybe you guys missed the real rude comment. All I did was wished him luck and told him to prepare for repairs. Have you missed the news about Dodge lately? I also never said anything about the other two parts of the Big 3. I like them both. Just not Dodge. The overall quality is not there in my opinion. Just look at all the black marks in Consumer Reports for many of the Dodge products. My payload in my 2001, 4.7L Tundra is just under 2000 lbs and has served us well towing our 7000lb fifth wheel for 13 years. I would say that's a bit more then a "grocery getter".

The recall of some older Rams due to issues with a front suspension that is completely unrelated to the 2015 Ram OP purchased seems rather irrelevant to me. I'm glad you're happy with your little trucklet, but your comment was still uncalled for and rude.

I see that you haven't been a member for very long so I'll be gentle here. The only people that found my comment rude are the Dodge owners like yourself. Does it make you feel good to use terms like "grocery getter" and "trucklet"? Everyone can see who the rude one is and it isn't me. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. Get some thicker skin already!! I'm done. To the OP, I hope it works out.

You got the response you deserved from more than one person, which is probably what you were looking for. I've been active on various message boards and social media for at least 20 years so feel free to hit me with two barrels if you want. I'm sure I've encounted worse.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Fresno_Tundra_D
Explorer
Explorer
IdaD wrote:
ChopperBill wrote:

Maybe you guys missed the real rude comment. All I did was wished him luck and told him to prepare for repairs. Have you missed the news about Dodge lately? I also never said anything about the other two parts of the Big 3. I like them both. Just not Dodge. The overall quality is not there in my opinion. Just look at all the black marks in Consumer Reports for many of the Dodge products. My payload in my 2001, 4.7L Tundra is just under 2000 lbs and has served us well towing our 7000lb fifth wheel for 13 years. I would say that's a bit more then a "grocery getter".

The recall of some older Rams due to issues with a front suspension that is completely unrelated to the 2015 Ram OP purchased seems rather irrelevant to me. I'm glad you're happy with your little trucklet, but your comment was still uncalled for and rude.

I see that you haven't been a member for very long so I'll be gentle here. The only people that found my comment rude are the Dodge owners like yourself. Does it make you feel good to use terms like "grocery getter" and "trucklet"? Everyone can see who the rude one is and it isn't me. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. Get some thicker skin already!! I'm done. To the OP, I hope it works out.
E.Lee Galik

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
ChopperBill wrote:

2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on the new truck. I'm sure you'll enjoy the extra towing capacity and the torque of the diesel.
The most important thing to remember now is to check and double check which hose you have at the station when getting fuel. Some diesel pump handles are green, some are black. I've almost put gas in my truck at a BP station as the gas handles are green there.
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL

Fresno_Tundra_D
Explorer
Explorer
ChopperBill wrote:

E.Lee Galik

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy the new truck
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

itguy08
Explorer
Explorer
nm

whitecloud
Explorer
Explorer
I went from a Toyota to a 3500 Cummins Laramie. I will never go back. My truck has been flawless from day one. I honestly think the Ram paint job is better than the Toyota. When it comes to towing, there is no basis for a comparison. Coming out of Soco, NC there is a 9% grade that is pretty long especially when pulling a trailer. The Ram had no difficulty going up or down. That exhaust brake is very useful. In my opinion you have made a great choice.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Nice Truck, congrats!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Congrats!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Kevin_O_
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new truck!! Make sure to let us know how she tows!!
P.S. Lets see some pics!
KEVIN :C
DW-Debbie :R
DS-Tyler 11yrs old:D
DD-Makayla 8yrs old:p
MERIDEN,CT
2001 Ford Powerstroke F350 Lariat
2012 Keystone Outback 292BH-OLD
2016 Jayco 29.5BHDS-NEW