cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suggestions for soundbar for camper

Sango
Explorer
Explorer
Any suggestions for a soundbar? We just put in a Samsung 24" in our camper. Can hear ok in bed but not at the dinette.
2018 3500 Dodge Laramie DRW 4 X 4
2019 Bigoot 25C10.4
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport
10 REPLIES 10

Tom_Anderson
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
Bedlam wrote:
I run the headphone jack out of the TV to the AUX input of the radio to get full sound within the TC.

That's how I do it too.

Me too. I realize it's not "real" surround sound, but it sounds much better than the TV speakers, and you can hear it just fine from anywhere in the camper.

mike-uswest
Explorer
Explorer
Will the speakers work off of the TV power, I have limited plug in space on my converter, and the speakers on the TV go backward making it hard for my old ears to hear what is going on?

Mike
2019 Ram 2500 TCD, 4X4,
Arctic Fox 25Y 30'

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
We had a similar issue with sound in our TC when the AC was running. We don't watch a lot of TV when traveling, but there are times when we want it. We certainly don't want the TV sound to be heard outside the TC. We also don't obsess with quality, but our solution turned out to sound quite good.

The radio in our TC was very poor choice for a mfgr to make (cheap junk) and has no AUX input. Also could not control speakers independently.

I went a much cheaper route than a sound bar or new radio. 2 stereo cables and 2 pairs of computer speakers were $28.

I routed a 1/8" stereo cable from the TV output under the mattress around the camper to the edge of the slide. Found a great little plastic "J" channel molding at Lowe's so most of the cable doesn't show. Then a splitter and stereo cable to the far side of the dinette. The speaker wiring on the near side of the dinette reached directly to the splitter.

I found some very small, fairly good sounding, computer speakers. Power, volume, and bass boost only.

I mounted a pair of speakers above and on each side of each dinette seat allowing each person to adjust the volume to their liking.

The splitter unplugs from the first cable when putting the slide in. If we want to use it with the slide in, I just pull the cable out of the "J" channel temporarily and plug it in.

You have a bit more room in your 1150 so a sound bar mounted in the dinette might be a good way to go.

Good luck,

**edit - I run the speakers with an AC power module but the speakers can be powered by batteries.
Joe and Evelyn

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
I run the headphone jack out of the TV to the AUX input of the radio to get full sound within the TC.

That's how I do it too.
Bob

Bedlam

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I picked up a BLUE TOOTH speaker setup from WALMART last year and really surprised how great those sound... Runs off rechargeable batteries or plugged into 120VAC...

Being BLUE TOOTH I can carry this unit all over the trailer or camp site...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'll confess to being an audiophile (and musician) since the '60s. When we went full-time and needed to replace the junk that came in the RV, I chose a Polk Audio sound bar with wireless sub-woofer (installed behind the fireplace in the entertainment center). It's not quite the class D amps and transmission line speakers I used in the stix 'n brix, but it sounds pretty darned good.
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a Vizio from Sam's last Christmas for $99.00. It is 36" and has a wireless subwoofer. Sounds great and has Bluetooth also.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Sango
Explorer
Explorer
Our radio,cd player has the surround sound. Is that what you tied into?
2018 3500 Dodge Laramie DRW 4 X 4
2019 Bigoot 25C10.4
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport

sremsing
Explorer
Explorer
Our camper has surround sound speakers throughout camper,no soundbar needed.
2004 GMC Sierra 2500 HD quad cab, Vortec 6000
Prodigy
2011 Rockwood 2604
wife and one fur buddy.