cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Summertime ... trip(s) report

Bigfoot85
Explorer
Explorer
George had it right ... Summertime, and the livin' is easy! Especially in a truck camper. Well, we've visited a few spots and we've seen a few things in the Pacific Northwest, and here's an overview of our TC summer. Start with breakfast in the empty campground at Fort Spokane (using the 'ol cordless toaster).

Then move on up to the native lands for a hidden beach, in a hidden campground.

Now this is at the start of the season, but both places were empty! As summer warmed up, we headed to the mountains - Schweitzer in Idaho. A great place to decompress, and it's free too.

Then down to Nampa for some rock crawlin' ... and yes, accidents do happen!

After all that excitement, maybe a reprise on the Columbia River ... down some back country roads to Marcus Island.

Gotta love the PNW and the variety of creatures that populate the west ...

... and the little lake retreats where ya'll can escape the sultry heat ...

... or take a hike down the mountainside. Actually, that was a little longer hike than we had planned!

We got to visit friends who do amazing works of art ... practical art ...

... art that's useful for Christmas presents (I wish I had woodworking skills!)...

... while we ended up on highways(?) that only a GPS would choose ...

... we still got to finish another summer day.

Yup ... the livin' is easy. The above pics are a sample of our summer so far, there's lots more detail if you're interested at our blog, here.
Simply.Living.Well.
Bigfoot 9.5
2004 Chevy 2500HD 6.0, 4.10 manual
6 REPLIES 6

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
Bigfoot85 wrote:
I'm always amazed at so many places where there are hardly any other campers.

This site, a National Recreation site has only 9 sites, a boat launch, and is on Lake Roosevelt ... and had only 1 other camper (another TC, by the way). So imagine what many of the back road locations are like - they're empty. Very nice!

I think I recognize that place. ๐Ÿ˜‰
ive enjoyed seeing all your blog reports. you have been busy posting them here lately. I wondered where all the reports were during the summer.
thanks for sharing.
2010 adventurer 810ws
1999 c3500 dually 12' flatbed

THE TC LIFE

Bigfoot85
Explorer
Explorer
I'm always amazed at so many places where there are hardly any other campers.

This site, a National Recreation site has only 9 sites, a boat launch, and is on Lake Roosevelt ... and had only 1 other camper (another TC, by the way). So imagine what many of the back road locations are like - they're empty. Very nice!
Simply.Living.Well.
Bigfoot 9.5
2004 Chevy 2500HD 6.0, 4.10 manual

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
That reminds me of how little camping we did this year. Glad you got out and had fun and thanks for the post.

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
Nice pictures and great trip report.
Was stationed at Everett Naval station on the USS Fife DD-991 from 1998-2000. Summertime i never saw it! We were always underway somewhere. I do miss it up there.
Scott
US Navy Retired IC1(SW)USS Fletcher DD-992

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful -- I'm going to be in that area by late Sept. I'm sure it will look as good then.
Cal

Skipper_Rod
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice. I was stationed at McChord for 10 years in the 80's and 90's. I miss it.