Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

camper length for towing

I'm looking to upgrade the truck camper we now have and I'm not sure how to determine how big a camper we can get that will still clear the hitch for our trailers. One trailer has a flat front, and I suspect the crank handle for the trailer foot cou...

First time winterizing

Who has some helpful tips? Spill em' First time winterizer right here. Bought our first camper about 5 months ago, sold it a month later and bought another. Winter is fast approaching here in Illinois. This is what i know.. I need to open my drains, ...

LinkedXJ by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Ram 2500 Gearing

Just returned from a 3400km trip which took us through some pretty good hilly areas around the Finger Lakes of New York. I tow with the combo in my signature. Trailer weighs 7600lbs loaded.Overall the truck towed ok but there were a couple of hills w...

I gotta new truck too!

Bought our "03" GMC Duramax new in "02". Was getting to take longer to start and didn't want to get somewhere and be stranded. Knew it was time for an update. So I got new injectors! Never had new ones and though it only has less than 140,000 on it I...

FlatBroke by Explorer II
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

The right way to use spacer in bed to raise camper?

I just got the tiedowns installed and ready to mount my Lance 815.I need to raise the camper about an inch to keep it from riding on the bed rails.I have Linex and a rubber mat and will probably use a sheet of plywood.Should I put the plywood on top ...

1 lb Propane Cylinder Storage

I always carried the 1 lb propane cylinders I used for our grill and for the weed burner I use to start camp fires in a compartment with the grill. Following some of the conversations here about propane I decided to look around for a safer place. I...

brholt by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Help

I'm still searching for that right TC after having a few TT. I have a Ram 3500 SRW 8'bed that I will put it on, so am limited in size of TC I can carry. One of my questions is about TC's that can be carried by a short bed or long bed. I've heard that...

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 v-8 gas toeablility

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab 2wd with 8'box, automatic transmission, gas engine, 98,000 miles on odometer. Not sure what engine it has, what size gas engine should I be looking for?Will this truck pull my 5th wheel...

Eagle Cap 850 Battery Compartment

Can anyone confirm/deny if 2 GR 30 batts will fit? Have 2 GR 27 currently, but may move them to the Airstream and upgrade to 2 GR 30 for the TC.Looks close...but should fit?!Please let me know what year your EC 850 is also...Tx, Bill

billtex by Explorer II
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Stableloads and leaf springs

DH and I were talking about stableloads and the leaf springs and wondering if anyone has ever had one to break while under a load. He wonders due to the stress on the springs from the stableloads if there is a possibility of the spring breaking at th...

lap527 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes