Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

i assume higher is better?

Howdy. Given two identical tow vehicles but with different gear ratios where one has a higher one than the other how does that factor into the towing capabilities issue?

nephi007 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Newbie weight question

Hello all-I'm considering buying a travel trailer, and we think we've found one we like. It's the Heartland Trail Runner 29MSB. We've looked at a bunch, and it's got the floorplan and options we're after, more so than any other we've found. So, th...

unh044 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Horrible Gas mileage

Ok.. so I know fuel mileage is probably the biggest shock most RV'ers experience, shortly after they shell out the big bucks for their rig. I have a 2011 GMC Silverado, short bed, 5.3L, 3.73 gears, towing a 2014 Tracer 2640RLS, trailer loaded is 588...

Walaby by Explorer II
  • 67 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow Haul when not hitched.

My F-150 comes with a Tow Haul feature which essentially delays the shifting and adds engine braking on the down hills. Once I disconnect, I return to the normal transmission mode.Since I live in the flat land area of Indiana, where you can stand on ...

rbpru by Explorer II
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

LED awning lights how would you......

Ok, hopefully this afternoon I'm going to be installing my awning lights. They are 16 feet long and I will be putting them under the awning/gutter rail. I'm trying to figure out the best way to run the electrical. I can run straight 12V to the contro...

dodge_guy by Explorer II
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

scuba gear?

Anyone haul around scuba gear? curious what kind of setups or storage solutions people have for securing tanks, etc. I would prefer to have them in the TT instead of the TV, but bouncing around is obviously a concern. I know there are large plastic...

Changed all locks to Keyed a like

I spent about an hour this morning swapping my entrance door lock, and two pass through storage doors and the outside shower door locks so they are all keyed alike. I've been aware since the 90's about the ch751 key thing. I mostly did it so I only n...

Preferred portable jack for Travel Queen ?

Hi there, just brought my first truck camper home and need to get it off of the truck it came in on.The camper is a 1966 Travel Queen (10ft Model 110) and did not come with the complete OEM jack systemNot sure how to proceed given the lightweight str...

Wide Track Suspension

I was interested in learning if there are any aftermarket suspension upgrades for a wide track suspension. I contacted Moryde and they do not have any. Do any of the forum members have suggestions?

Brakes on this pup?

I'm in the process of buying a 2013 Rockwood 2560G pop-up from a private party. The seller isn't particularly knowledgeable about the trailer, but he believes its only brakes are the emergency ones which activate when the trailer separates from the t...

Resoman by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

epdm coatings

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input. We finally got around to getting the liquid roof that we purchased from epdmcoatings.com down last month. It is parked in VA and our friends have checked up on it weekly. This is the first time in thr...