Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

This is Service!

LabMan1945
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is SERVICE

I am on my latest adventure with my NorthStar 850SC and pulled a rather DUMB stunt and one that I suspect more than a few of you have pulled as well. It seems that a small tree was hidden behind the camper as I backed up and when it jumped out and hit the fuel can on the back managed to damage the rear of the camper. Luckily I was within 4 hours of Cedar Falls and the NorthStar factory so when I had cell phone service I called and spoke with Rex. He said he would be there until closing and to stop by so he could assess the damage. I arrived and just as promised it was looked at immediately and since it was late Friday afternoon said they could not fix it then โ€“ BUT โ€“ I was invited to spend the night locked in the facility parking lot, electricity was available if I wished and they would jump on the repair Saturday morning at 6:00 AM.
By 5:45 Sat. morning Rex was there, the camper pulled into the shop and Brian put to work on the repair. The fix was done by 11:00 and after talking to Rex a while longer I was on the road with a whole camper. In this day of poor customer service these folks stand out as the best example of fantastic service anyone could wish. I have had the opportunity to stop by the factory 3 times now since I purchased the camper in 2007 and have been treated like a long lost family member every time.
THANK YOU to Brian, Rex and ALL of the NorthStar folks. I will return and a new 850SC is in my future.
Grant
Dodge 3500 CTD.
Northstar 850SC
Constant companions - Scoter and Skye - Black Labs (better than most people)
11 REPLIES 11

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not at all surprised to hear of the excellent service you received from Rex at NorthStar. I got to meet and talk with Rex during a factory tour of his facilities this past summer while attending the Mid-West Truck Camper Rally in Amana, IA. I was really impressed with what he had to say about their campers and how they are built and of their customer service after they leave the factory. We even had a fellow from the Rally that drove his rig up there to have some work done on his camper while he and his wife took the factory tour with the rest of us. Shortly after we got back by bus to where the Rally was being held at, another fellow had trouble with his refrigerator not working on his rig that just happened to be a NorthStar. Rex was called upon to give him technical advice and was walked through the procedures of rerouting some of the wires in order to get the refrigerator started again. Rex must have spent at least an hour and a half from start to finish talking to this fellow even after the factory had closed for the day. If that's not customer service for you, then I don't know what is. For this reason I wouldn't hesitate buying a NorthStar from Rex and his Company if I was planning on getting something else down the road.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fabulous!

They have a long standing reputation for a quality product and great service, good to hear this is still true.

Bill
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

bka0721
Explorer II
Explorer II
What a great review of customer service and repairs from NorthStar. It is nice to hear, something positive about a/any manufacturer. (Also, sorry to learn of the branch episode,Labman1945. Happy travels, my friend.)

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good to hear they treated you so well. Those folks have been in business building truck campers for a very long time; there is a reason for that.

Brad
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
So nice to know!!! I will put a star next to their name on my list of names to remember!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

DWeikert
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for sharing.

I'm not at all surprised to hear of your experience. I drove to the factory to pick up my camper and spent the first night in the parking lot. Next morning Rex loaned me his Jeep to get breakfast while he installed the Torklift tiedowns on my truck. I was even invited to the fish fry Rory threw for the employees at lunch. Fantastic people.
Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nice story , the company is second to none. I think more customers go there for a friendly visit rather than have something repaired.
5.45 A.M. is Rex offering a breakfast menu now ? ๐Ÿ™‚

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Thats great!
I hit my wifes car ($500 damage) and a buddy's Suburban (no damage) with my TC.
So a small tree is very understandable.

(Don't worry America, I don't have it anymore)

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Please post on RVSERVICEREVIEWS.COM
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing your experience. It sure is nice to hear about good service as most postings we read about today are nothing but complaints.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU