Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Took this one for fish

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II

7.3???

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021
38 REPLIES 38

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
It's a '97 7.3 just like mine but mine is white and the tractor is a day cab so it's probably around 14, not 20 and the GN has tandem duals so he's fine weight wise but I would have loaded it backwards and put the weight over the rear axles on the GN.

Funny coincidence, I have the same wireless rear cam setup.....

The oldest it could be would be an early 99 7.3. I think most of the early 99's had the V8 Power Stroke emblem on the front of the front fender. I don't see that emblem on that one ,but it could be the later 99.

Don't know if I would agree, on the weight, having towed with an early 99 7.3 F-350 for 16 years.
Thats a load I would of not wanted to tow with a 7.3.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another picture.

It did have a 5th wheel hitch!

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:
It's a '97 7.3 just like mine but mine is white and the tractor is a day cab so it's probably around 14, not 20 and the GN has tandem duals so he's fine weight wise but I would have loaded it backwards and put the weight over the rear axles on the GN.

I was going to post the samething, funny that even with the tractor load noise in the truck is not squatting in the rear. I bet the pickup is running rear air bags.

Don

The truck was squatting in the rear, not badly! I am sure he had air bags or some other rear suspension help.

I saw him three different times in 40-50 miles. He pulled out on the truck stop at Ellensburg in front of me as we were exited the pump island. I passed him a short distance down I-90 heading West. We pulled off at Crystal Spring exit for a pit stop and then took the picture on the final grade to the summit.

SidecarFlip wrote:

Was just thinking the same thing... get that diesel weight over the tandems and you should not have as much sag in the TV..

Nice load anyway ! ! !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:

Putcher glasses on, thatโ€™s a super duty, not a 97.
That tractor is sharp looking though. Glider?

In as much as you have a Dodge, not sure you can ascertain the difference. My glasses are on.

The tractor is about 14K. I drove one just like it b4 I retired. Pulled a quad axle trailer. Mine weighed 14.5 with fuel.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:

Came to post just this.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
SidecarFlip wrote:

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
C'mon now, ya all recall a Tundra towing the space shuttle right? LOL Or the 70's something Chevy towing a trailer or 2 of logs.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:

I was going to post the samething, funny that even with the tractor load noise in the truck is not squatting in the rear. I bet the pickup is running rear air bags.

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
blt2ski wrote:
gemsworld wrote:
Where is the weight police when you needed? :B

Hope that is tongue firmly.wanted in cheek. Reality is, nothing illegal with this setup. Yes over a manufacture warranty rating......but under FBL rules and regs, assuming the owner of the frod has the correct paid for tonnage.

Marty

Yep, this load would stop at all the open chicken coops, which indicates that it was a legal load, SRW wheels included!!!

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Naked frame rails out back. Steel or Aluminum frame rails? Somewhere between 14-20K. My Titan 90 Chevy twin screw (but shorter) with aluminum cab and frame weighed in at 15K with a 5th wheel hitch.

blt2ski
gemsworld wrote:

Hope that is tongue firmly.wanted in cheek. Reality is, nothing illegal with this setup. Yes over a manufacture warranty rating......but under FBL rules and regs, assuming the owner of the frod has the correct paid for tonnage.

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
rhagfo wrote:
Wow, that tractor weights in the 20K+ range and the trailer likely 5K+ so quite a load!

Yes that's an impressive load. Same weight I tow with Motor Cycle trailer behind RV.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Community Alumni
Not applicable

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
SidecarFlip wrote:

Just going by what a past neighbors KW log truck tandem axle cab weighed empty. I believe it was 23K.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"