Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trip Report:southern France: Provence and Cote d'Azur

flaxi
Explorer
Explorer
hello TC friends,

last (Easter) week we travelled to southern France: Provence (the Inland) and Cote d'Azur (the coast line).
I want to present some photos and impressions and hope you like it.

As I told you at the end of last year we changed to a smaller rig (Nissan Frontier and "TrendUp"-full carbon composite camper.
We thought that - due to the age of our children (19 and 15) in the future we would travel only two persons, but..... facts can change quickly: out adult daughter wanted to accompany us.
So, this was our maiden voyage - with 4 persons. And all worked perfect, although it was very cosy inside the camper. ๐Ÿ™‚

Now I present you the first part of my pictures, in the region of Provence, inland of southern France.

village of Sisteron:

one way grill in use:

yummm:

reaching the entrance of Europes largest canyon: the Verdon canyon:

good for para gliding:

campground at the bottom of a dramatical impressive rock, village Castellane:

some local goods in the market:

speciality of the Provence are flavored products of lavender like soap:

view from the top of the rock:

do you see our TC ?:

beautiful, little villages:

and one of the tiny campgrounds:

So long for the moment. Next chapter (when I will find enough time) will be the trip along the coast of the Cote d'Azur:

hope you enjoyed our impressions until now. ๐Ÿ™‚

cheers
Felix
37 REPLIES 37

flaxi
Explorer
Explorer
Eric, Dave & others: thanks for the wonderful words ! Our trip to "your Wild West" 3 years ago was so wonderful and we experienced so much love and hospitality that it is a great pleasure to stay in contact by this great forum and to present some nice impressions of our continent.
So, sure I will post some more pics (part II) in this thread, give me a little time ๐Ÿ˜‰

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer
Hello To Felix and your wonderful Family. I would just like everyone to know that the young adults that are your children are respectful, intelligent and as engaging as anyone could want their children to be. A testament to their upbringing by their parents, it's only natural that they still want to camp and spend time with you and Maria. Besides that what a good trip it looks to have been . And yes, that road looks pretty darn scary, surely there are mirrors on the curves?! Thanks for the journey Felix, I'll look forward to the second part.

dadwolf2
Explorer
Explorer
Flaxi, Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Loved the pictures.
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD,4X4,NV5600
2014 Adventurer 86FB

seldomseensmith
Explorer II
Explorer II
Felix,

You've done something amazing..... Your trip report has made me want to explore something outside of my beautiful corner of the world. Except for the very small (and very utilitarian) RV parks there, the scenery and landscape are awesome. Great job, thanks for sharing and I hope part 2 is just as magnificent!

Eric
The Road Goes Ever On

2008 F250 SD 4x4 Supercab, Detroit TrueTrac, Hellwig LP 35, 2006 Outfitter Caribou 6.5

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
drc5900 wrote:
Flaxi, yes you are right, we have a lot of great choices for pickup trucks big/medium/small, but we are lacking the ECONOMICAL DIESEL engines for the small pickups in the USA.

It appears they will come although the new VM Motori engined RAM , has a very tiny Payload and unlike Flaxi's, beefed up Titan based Navara, you cannot put a Truck camper on it.

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
Great pictures, and a terrific report. I don't like the looks of that road on the side of a shear cliff -- unless it's one-way.
Cal

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow! very nice! Merci beau-coupe!
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Hodag1
Explorer
Explorer
Great Karst!

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Flaxi, your trip reports are always inspiring. I tend to never think of Europe as having so much wild country. Now I want to go there. Thank you for sharing your adventure.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

bka0721
Explorer II
Explorer II
Flaxi, so great to see another one of your outstanding TRs. Beautiful country, albeit a bit wet. It is nice to see your Family pictured too, after a span of when you were visiting the USA.

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

drc5900
Explorer
Explorer
Flaxi, I stand corrected, the new Ram 1500 V6 diesel is indeed a great step in the right direction.
I guess I just was reminiscing too much about my Isuzu diesel PU I had in Europe..7L/100Km... ๐Ÿ™‚
(well, unloaded highway speeds that was..;)...)
1997 Dodge Ram Cummins 3500 Dually 5.9L Turbo Diesel, Billeted Goerend Auto Tranny & Triple Disk Torque Converter w/Manual Lockup, 3.5 axle ratio.
1992 Jayco Jay Hunter 950, w/Homemade: tiedowns/dually jack adapters/long hitch, Hott-Rod, 700W inverter.

travelinglane
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice trip report. I will be in some of France this Fall, but not in a TC ๐Ÿ˜ž

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
wow...wow. not afraid of heights obviously. lol. my wife would have an issue with a couple of the spots. great stuff.
2010 adventurer 810ws
1999 c3500 dually 12' flatbed

THE TC LIFE

flaxi
Explorer
Explorer
no lack: choose the economic new Dodge Ram V6 Diesel.......... ๐Ÿ˜‰

drc5900
Explorer
Explorer
Flaxi, yes you are right, we have a lot of great choices for pickup trucks big/medium/small, but we are lacking the ECONOMICAL DIESEL engines for the small pickups in the USA.
1997 Dodge Ram Cummins 3500 Dually 5.9L Turbo Diesel, Billeted Goerend Auto Tranny & Triple Disk Torque Converter w/Manual Lockup, 3.5 axle ratio.
1992 Jayco Jay Hunter 950, w/Homemade: tiedowns/dually jack adapters/long hitch, Hott-Rod, 700W inverter.