cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble finding a honest dealership to buy Ram 3500

ulvik
Explorer
Explorer
Been trying for weeks now to find an honest Ram dealership within 500 miles of Gatlinburg to buy a new truck. They all end up trying to con you, lie and use dishonest tactics from start to end. I end up on the phone for about an hour each time only to find the price they listed has so many loop holes that after what seems like forever they finally inform you the price is actually much higher. One dealership verified the price on the phone and insured me that was the price I would pay for it to just drive 7 hours to their dealership and simply do the deal and drive home. I demanded him email me everything in writing multiple times. After multiple request for an email he reluctantly sent it and the price jumped $6,000. Good thing I did not drive there cause I would have needed bail money once I got there. Anyone know of a no haggle honest straight forward Ram dealer within 500 miles of Gatlinburg TN? Almost to the point of giving up and keeping what I got. Thanks just needed to rant a little also!
2018 Ram 3500 DRW
2015 Heartland Big Country 3650RL
Great Smokey Mountains
42 REPLIES 42

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
When we were shopping for the F350 I went to all three major dealers (Ford, GM and Dodge) locally, not one had a salesman that knew a darn thing about trucks and they all just invented 'factoids' when you asked them a question. I finally was driving past another Ford dealer in a town 50 miles away and on a whim went in and found a knowledgeable salesman. I want to buy from him, depending on price of course, but at over $50K I want the exact truck build that I thought was best. Not a chance of finding one already built. So I had the Ford website builder send the specs to that dealer, called them repeatedly and never could get a reply. I ended up buying from the local dealer and then I didn't get exactly what I wanted.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
spoon059 wrote:
Last couple times I bought new vehicles, I dealt with the fleet manager. Send emails to competing dealers, laying out the exact options that you want. You'll get a straight price from a non-commissioned sales manager. That's how I bought my wife's car, my prior truck and my current camper.

All 3 vehicles were negotiated through email, at my leisure. No chance to allow them to use high pressure sales tactics. I can sit in the comfort of my office or my house and send a counter offer email.

YEP.....
Current Dodge truck and previous 2001 Ford were all doe the same way

Same goes for our 5th wheel

Never even meet with anyone at dealership until day I picked them ALL up.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Last couple times I bought new vehicles, I dealt with the fleet manager. Send emails to competing dealers, laying out the exact options that you want. You'll get a straight price from a non-commissioned sales manager. That's how I bought my wife's car, my prior truck and my current camper.

All 3 vehicles were negotiated through email, at my leisure. No chance to allow them to use high pressure sales tactics. I can sit in the comfort of my office or my house and send a counter offer email.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
Steve White Motors in Hickory, NC has a web site that is accurate and they are easy and fair to deal with on Dodge Rams
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very Ram dealer within 500 miles of you is a con artist and lies...why don’t I believe you?
“I demanded him email me everything in writing multiple times.”
You are the good thing.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks just needed to rant a little also!

I know this is a little farther than your 500 mile range, but try Dave Smith or Dennis Dillon. Both have websites, both will pick you up at the airport (Spokane or Boise), and the price is the price. You typically will pay state registration and taxes when you get home. So, factor that into the overall price. They have huge selections and you can enjoy the new truck on the way home.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

FishOnOne
Nomad
Nomad
Most honest dealers have the price listed on their website. These dealers also do internet sales and will even deliver the vehicle to your house. I know a few guys who live out of state who purchased their truck in Houston.

The price of a new truck is not trivial, but the trade in usually is.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Have a similar problem around here. One dealer, Monroe Dodge, has a terrible pack of liars and idiots in the service dept. The other, Kirkland Dodge, sell very few HD trucks and dont know much about them. Their sale staff is highly questionable as well.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe you should expand your search. Dennis Dillon Dodge/Ram in Boise,ID area offer fly drive deals that are hard to beat. They are usually thousands below what your local dealers will deal on.

ulvik
Explorer
Explorer
NJRVer wrote:
I went through a couple dealers that had those come on prices.
Then I found the same deal at Whitten Bros. in Richmond.
I asked them, "Is that price only for people whose birthday falls on February 30th?"

They told me the price they advertise is with discounts and rebates that are available to everybody and if you qualify for more then the price only gets lower.

I bought from them.
Just don't fall for the usual paint and rust proofing sales pitch or the third party extended warranty and you will be fine.

Thank you I will put them on my contact list and check them out!!!!!!!
2018 Ram 3500 DRW
Great Smokey Mountains

ulvik
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
How in the world do you suppose they all stay in business, I mean, being as bad as they are?

I am beginning to wonder the same thing myself. I have never ever had such a hard time in my life buying a product from a company. I have bought new cars every 5 years for the last 35 years and never ever had such an issue. Wheeling and dealing is one thing but to flat out deceive you is another. This is my fist Chrysler though maybe that is the issue, don't know.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW
Great Smokey Mountains

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I went through a couple dealers that had those come on prices.
Then I found the same deal at Whitten Bros. in Richmond.
I asked them, "Is that price only for people whose birthday falls on February 30th?"

They told me the price they advertise is with discounts and rebates that are available to everybody and if you qualify for more then the price only gets lower.

I bought from them.
Just don't fall for the usual paint and rust proofing sales pitch or the third party extended warranty and you will be fine.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
How in the world do you suppose they all stay in business, I mean, being as bad as they are?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE