Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WE FINALLY WENT BACK!!!!

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
Well Folks-

My wife and I finally returned to the T.T. community. We traded our motorHome for a 2014 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 2351DKS. It sure feels good to be back and leave the big monster behind us. So we are planning our first trip on it before the season ends for us here in the Midwest. WOW!!!! we are really excited about it:B
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2010 Forest River Salem 403FB-Destination Trailer
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab
16 REPLIES 16

Bank_of_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
We did the same thing, got rid of the 34' money pit and went back to a TT.

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
With my new TT the power tongue jack means my mirror on a pole is now useless for me hitching up easily on my own. Other than that hitching up is pretty easy now I have got rid of the infernal friction anti sway bar / round bar w/ chains system.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

tomkaren13
Explorer
Explorer
Looked at your profile! A red TT. How nice and better looking then a green one I saw for sale online.

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Atlee wrote:
I feel my Equal-i-zer hitch is pretty simple to hitch. If I'm by myself, backing the truck under the hitch coupler takes longer than actually hitching.

I was pretty quick with our TT and Equilizer as well. I would hitch up, crank the TT up until bars slid on then lowered TT. Never used the pry stick to get the bars on.

However, we just got a 5'er and its MUCH faster to hitch and unhitch. I also find it a bit easier to do so solo than the TT.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

mikeflys
Explorer
Explorer
Atlee wrote:
I feel my Equal-i-zer hitch is pretty simple to hitch. If I'm by myself, backing the truck under the hitch coupler takes longer than actually hitching.

mikeflys wrote:
We went the same rout last year. We had a nice large class C when the kids were growing. After the empty nest syndrome came we went with a TT. As with everything there are goods and bads. I miss the ease of "hitching up" the towed compaired to hitching up the TT. That is my biggest complaint. If some genius could come up with a simple hitch setup without bars and chains I would jump for joy. Other than that I love our TT.

Let me see if I can clarify my point. When I was towing my little Ford PU. I would drive the truck up behind the MH. Connect the ball to the stinger + the drag chains and off I go. Now I have to back the truck up, wiggle it around to get it in the right spot. Ball to stinger, 2 equalizer bars, 2 drag chains. Quite a bit of sweating and very dirty hands. Now with all that said, I do love my TT. Nothing in life is perfect, you take the best of what you have and enjoy! Do I want to go back to a MH? Nope, the truck is just to darn useful all the year round.

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we tailgate our friends Class A's sure are nice, and they have lots of room. However I'd hate to have to pilot them.

My little 24ft Koala works fine for the two of us.

kennyd63 wrote:
Well Folks-

My wife and I finally returned to the T.T. community. We traded our motorHome for a 2014 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 2351DKS. It sure feels good to be back and leave the big monster behind us. So we are planning our first trip on it before the season ends for us here in the Midwest. WOW!!!! we are really excited about it:B
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
We have considered many times going from a TT to a MH, but the cost of investment, fuel and maintenance was just too much to pull the trigger. A few years ago I met this couple who were photographers for NASCAR, and traveled all over the country for 36 weeks a year. I got to see the inside of their beautiful MH, and hear stories about the costs they encountered. Thousands of dollars just to replace a set of tires alone!

I'll stick to my TT for now.... 🙂
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II

mikeflys wrote:
We went the same rout last year. We had a nice large class C when the kids were growing. After the empty nest syndrome came we went with a TT. As with everything there are goods and bads. I miss the ease of "hitching up" the towed compaired to hitching up the TT. That is my biggest complaint. If some genius could come up with a simple hitch setup without bars and chains I would jump for joy. Other than that I love our TT.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

mikeflys
Explorer
Explorer

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
wmoses wrote:
kennyd63 wrote:
Well Folks-

My wife and I finally returned to the T.T. community. We traded our motorHome for a 2014 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 2351DKS. It sure feels good to be back and leave the big monster behind us.

If you don't mind, please share why you made the decision to "come back" to a TT having had a MH. I am always interested in hearing from people who make this "reverse" move as to why they did it.
Wmoses well the reason we gave up the MH is way too complicated way too many components that can break and at the long run it will cost lots of money to up keep. However they are beautiful and spacious and I have this hate and love for it but the bottom line is I feel happier with a T.T. and no worries about changing oils and so fore, I just love the Travel Trailers. and this is only my opinion by experience.

Kennedy>>>
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2010 Forest River Salem 403FB-Destination Trailer
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
kennyd63 wrote:
Well Folks-

My wife and I finally returned to the T.T. community. We traded our motorHome for a 2014 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 2351DKS. It sure feels good to be back and leave the big monster behind us.

If you don't mind, please share why you made the decision to "come back" to a TT having had a MH. I am always interested in hearing from people who make this "reverse" move as to why they did it.
Regards,
Wayne
_

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Welcome back to the travel trailer forum! I know I've replied to some of your previous posts and we've already exchanged a few ideas about the Minnie trailers, but I'm always interested in hearing anything new you have to report.

We're doing our first shakedown campout this week and hope check out the trailer as well as get it organized. So, sometime around next weekend, I'll be posting Minnie mini review!

Good luck and happy camping!
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

smokedummy
Explorer
Explorer
Keep it simple, keep it fun. Congrats on your moment of clarity!
2012 Skyline Mountain View Retro 140, 16'.