cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We Got It!!!!

Redjk0769
Explorer
Explorer
Last Wednesday my wife and I went and picked up our new 2014 OPEN RANGE 308 BHS! We drove 5 hours to pick it up from Walnut Ridge RV in New Castle IN. That is a top notch Dealer but beware of getting your hitch set up! They will try to charge you and not tell you! But anyway that's another tread! When we got there they took us over to there service center where they had it pulled in out of the 20 degrees temps for us to look it over to make sure its everything we wanted and it was! After getting it home and really looking it over the space this thing has on the inside for a TT is unreal. We started putting thing in it this past Saturday and my Wife was so impressed with all the room. This is minor but after looking behind the bedroom door they even put a door knob stop on the wall! How many other companies do this??? This is one reason why we chose OPEN RANGE over other campers we looked at and researched we felt like you get more BANG for you buck with Open Range! Now can't wait till the weather breaks to get it out and use it!
13 REPLIES 13

jbrowning
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new trailer and remember the days are getting longer now so spring will be here soon. 🙂
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 Ltr Extended Cab 4x4
1971 21ft Terry Travel Trailer

Mike_LA
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new trailer, Matt.
Mike
--------------------------------------------------------
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC/LBZ Duramax
2017 Hyper Lite XLR 26HFS

Previous Trailers:
2003 Aerolite 24RK
2006 Rockwood 3115SS TT
2006 Rockwood 8283SS FW
2005 Jayco Talon ZX24E
2012 Sunnybrook 26FBS

Caboose66
Explorer
Explorer
Does your Open Range have the mega lounge rather than the separate sofa and dinette? Many of the 308BHS pictures I saw show that floor plan.
If it does, is that something that was a selling point for you? The reason I ask is because we just purchased a Cruiser Viewfinder in August and thie model we chose has that type of floor plan. It was definitely a selling point for me but I know the reviews are mixed... Although mostly from people that do not own that floor plan... So I'm curious about your selection.

Nice trailer. Hope the weather warms up enough soon for you to do your shakedown cruise and start enjoying it.

Dean

Big_Love
Explorer
Explorer
Be careful when loading the TT, the yellow sticker on some states it only can take 660 lbs of cargo.

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our Montana 5er there in Feb.'05 and were treated very well. They installed our hitch(part of the deal) and gave us complete instructions on how to hook and unhook. We went back later that year for our free weekend in thier park and had some minor stuff taken care of.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

Spleenstomper
Explorer
Explorer
Our friends just bought a 5th wheel open range bunk house and it is sweet! Congratulations, I know you will enjoy it.
Jennifer plus Hubby empty nest and two spoiled English bulldogs

2020 Momentum 320G with king bed!
2014 Ford F 350 DRW Lariat

The Toys:
Jacked up EX go,Old Yamaha 4 wheeler,Polaris RZR (seats 2)
Robalo R 227 dual console

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
That looks like a mansion! Now you can sell your house and go on the road. 😉
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Kennedycamper
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy the new camper.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new purchase! We purchased our Outback from Walnut Ridge last September (2013). I think their service is great! One of the best we've ever had to deal with.

Now ... did they tell you in 3 months you'll be getting a notice in he mail asking you to bring your new camper back to them so they can do a complete 100% re-inspection of the camper? If you have any issues, they'll fix it right then, and they'll check the stuff you never thought of? This gives you 3 months with the camper and the owner will unearth issues that might have been missed, and they do this because its under warranty.

Now, did they tell you you'll get another notice in the mail at 11 months for another re-inspection and anything defective will be fixed before it goes out of the 1 year warranty?

Well, if they didn't, or if you missed that little bit of information when you took delivery (like we did), you're in for another delightful enprience! They'll treat you right!

When we took it back for the 3 month re-inspection, we had them install a power tongue jack on ours. They also fixed an issue with the shower drain.

Wallnut Ridge IS a great place!

Congrats! You're off to a wonderful start!

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new Open Range trailer. We love ours. You're right about them having a lot of space inside and out. I don't think you can beat their quality and two year warranty. Enjoy it. Are you aware there is an Open Range owner's forum? http://www.openrangeowners.com/ORforum/.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Congrads on the new TT. Waiting for nice weather? We've had four days in the 80's, and a cold day today .....it's sunny and only 66!
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

rav
Explorer
Explorer
CONGRATS!!! Enjoy the new camper- warm weather is around the corner....

fallsrider
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! That must be very exciting. Now, for some warmer weather... 🙂