cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

what is the dumbest thing about your camper?

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
For me its that there is no light switch or and any light at all when you first enter the camper.

The closest light is on the ceiling a few steps inside the camper.

Kind of a pain in the dark for sure.

Yes, I've ordered a touch light to put next to the door.

Too bad someone from the manufacture doesn't actually spend a night or two in one of their own RVs.

In my TT the vent in the bathroom is over the sink so in cold weather the ice cold condensation from the vent drips on your back while you're brushing your teeth. ๐Ÿ™‚
Camp Host, from the other side.
108 REPLIES 108

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
The area overhead near the slide out where I keep hitting my head.
There is something special about camping in an RV.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Ours has an access hole for the sewer hose to go through, but the connector on an standard hose will not go through it. Solved the problem by making a special extension, and put the connector on the hose after putting the hose through the access. The access port needs to ve less than 1/4 inch bigger to fit right.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
In a house, it's usually code that a ceiling light switch is at the door OR that switch will control a wall plug which would have a lamp plugged in. Why would you expect an RV to follow that logic? ๐Ÿ™‚

cleary
Explorer
Explorer
Awning on one side and external speakers on the other.
2006 F-350, 4X4, Crew Cab, V-10, Torqshift, Dually. 2008 Okanagan 106UDB. Both 4-wheelers and snowmobiles. KL7AY Our website

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Fresh water tank fills from the side so intended capacity cannot be reached and water shoots out the vent on right hand turns. What were they thinking?
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Wardster wrote:
The bumper on my NL is supposed to be used to store the sewer hose. Unfortunately, none of the store bought sewer hoses that I have been able to find actually fit in it.

On mine there is a drawer in the bumper one puts the hose in. Tthe hose JUST fits, but not if it's attached to a coupling or connection fitting unless I turn it just the right way, and then it still rubs... a silly 1/2" taller bumper would have cured this problem.

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
My TT had all LED lights...except under the stove hood and the outside light.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

pastorbillv
Explorer II
Explorer II
The cheap thermostat - analog slider and not digital. Going to get replaced.
2004 Bigfoot 29G (Love the garage!)
2017 Northern-Lite 10'2" SE on F-350 (CC, Dually, 4WD, Boss)

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
My sink came with a cover for one side of the sink but not the other side of the sink.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

weathershak
Explorer
Explorer
WNYBob wrote:
weathershak wrote:
What I see when I look into my mirror

Is that the rearview mirror or the mirror you look at while shaving?

Unfortunately, when shaving
Full timing it since July 2012

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
The price.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
The AC mounting. It just sat on the flat roof with a foam gasket. No curb for waterproofing. Which explained why it leaked. Also removing it I found two of the bolts were loose. After that I would say how uncomfortable the dinette seating is. Fine to eat at but terrible to relax on.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

lovetotow
Explorer
Explorer
All my light switches are located inside a cupboard with a door that takes two hands to open then you reach in in the dark and the 1st two things you feel are live sockets,
Dale & Lynda
2018 ford F250 4x4
2011 cruiser 32bl 5th wheel

LamboDesigns
Explorer II
Explorer II
Without a doubt the battery boxes on my 855s. After that the location of the switches that are easy to bump on or off comes in a close second. Working on it yesterday and I hear the water heater fire up with no water in it since it has been winterized. Had it been the electric instead of the gas it might still be on because I might not have seen the red light in the daytime. So many things done well that those really standout. Overall still love the rig and will learn to deal with issues as they come up.
2013 Lance 855S with most options
2016 Ford F250 4x4 gas, 3.73, airbags, bigwig, homemade stableloads, 20" wheels with toyo open country II
Sold - 1989 Fleetwood Jamboree Class C

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
The size and placement of my battery box. Every time I reach into my arm pits to make connections I expect to be shocked.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk