Clonefan
Explorer
Explorer
This is a Shadow Cruiser 280QBS.

34 REPLIES 34

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
For what it's worth, here is a comparison, 2008 Funfinder (Shadow Cruiser) 230DS. After our last trip we noticed the spare, hanging on the back. We added a brace. This is our second rv from Cruiser Rv. Love the layout. For the price, it's pretty good.

For reference, you can see the proper spacing on the bumper.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
JJBIRISH wrote:
:h the bumper plug is pulling out?????????????????? :h

x2. That's what I see.

Roundtwo-40
Explorer
Explorer
Trailer was finished at 1645 on a Friday, Guaranteed.
2013 Jayco Eagle 328RLTS w/15K AC
2013 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4X4
Equalizer 14K,PI PT30C Surge

rbrumm
Explorer
Explorer
Yikes!! I agree, buy local, easier to get things resolved. Sounds like a shady salesman to claim it is just cosmetic.
2011 Ram Outdoorsman
2014 Rockwood 2909SS Emerald Package

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was that front measurement off an equal amount but opposite the rear? Glad you didn't get stuck with it.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

rustycopperball
Explorer
Explorer
no LED lights

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I believe it was hit, which cold also be why the spare tire is leaning
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Soooo, what dealer is it at??
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
The real question, is the frame twisted causing one side to be longer than the other, or, did some numbnut at the factory welded one side short. The only way to know for sure is to crawl around under and take a lot of measurements.
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Clonefan wrote:
....The bumper is closer at one end then it is the other. I measured. Something isn't square. The tabs that are connected to the bumper aren't tabs, they are the frame itself (an I type beam).

It suggests one of two things, the camper is not sitting squarely on the frame or, the frame isn't square. Either way, it was purchased brand new and delivered just like you see it.

The dealer told me it was purely cosmetic. I didn't care, cosmetic or not, brand new trailers shouldn't have an issue like this. I measured the camper to the frame in the front as well, and it too is not square. He stated he was going to cut the bumper off, even out the tabs (which is actually the frame) and resell it.

Just throwing this out there for people, buy local, look at it yourself, the extra cost is worth the peace of mind.....

Glad you didn't get stuck with it.
AND
I hope the dealership gets caught cutting the frame and reselling too.

I'd also send this picture of it with the serial number and drop it in the mail to the manufacture with this goon's dealership number.

Cause down the road someone is going to buy this altered RV and start complaining about the manufacturer. Who should have had this unit returned to them by the dealership....NOT sold to a customer.:(

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Amazing - purely cosmetic? Yikes! So they took it back? And my spare is also mounted on the bumper. It came with a cover. What's wrong with that?
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Clonefan
Explorer
Explorer
M GO BLUE wrote:
If that is an actual spare tire for that TT aren't they usually mounted underneath the TT?

"Bumper" seems like it is closer at one end of trailer than the other unless that is how the picture was taken...

Bingo!

The bumper is closer at one end then it is the other. I measured. Something isn't square. The tabs that are connected to the bumper aren't tabs, they are the frame itself (an I type beam).

It suggests one of two things, the camper is not sitting squarely on the frame or, the frame isn't square. Either way, it was purchased brand new and delivered just like you see it.

The dealer told me it was purely cosmetic. I didn't care, cosmetic or not, brand new trailers shouldn't have an issue like this. I measured the camper to the frame in the front as well, and it too is not square. He stated he was going to cut the bumper off, even out the tabs (which is actually the frame) and resell it.

Just throwing this out there for people, buy local, look at it yourself, the extra cost is worth the peace of mind.

PS-Nice job on the spare tire, I hadn't noticed, my eyes were drawn to the bumper every time I walked past it.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
The bumper is welded onto the frame crooked...or the two main frame rails are different sizes...

No problem....it's "normal" for many manufacturers in the RV industry...:E
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

westend
Explorer
Explorer
The spare is mounted outboard of the bumper causing a potential failure of the bumper or attachment bracket?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

daystrom
Explorer
Explorer
M GO BLUE wrote:

"Bumper" seems like it is closer at one end of trailer than the other unless that is how the picture was taken...

That's what I see too. Something isn't square.
2012 Crossroads Zinger ZT26BH
2012 Ford F350 Lariat 4x4 6.7L PSD SRW
11,500 GVWR, 3522 lbs of payload