cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

'California Giant Redwoods'

bazdad
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in Napa California at this time. Where is the southern most site that I can get a good view of the giant redwoods. Are they only growing in Humboldt county area. Thanks for the information.
13 REPLIES 13

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
More than you ever wanted to know about redwoods... (caution .. nerd content)

http://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/silvics_manual/Volume_1/sequoia/sempervirens.htm

http://www.fs.fed.us/database/feis/plants/tree/seqsem/all.html
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
Ancient Redwoods RV Park on Avenue of the Giants is the place to stay!! www.ancientredwoods.net

I second the opinion! Excellent place to stay, very clean and the folks there are friendly.

Dan

dkreuzen
Explorer
Explorer
Just west of Santa Rosa is Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve. There is a 310' tall redwood there.

Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve
Dennis
2012 Monaco Knight 36PFT
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 2007 16' Car Trailer

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Ancient Redwoods RV Park on Avenue of the Giants is the place to stay!! www.ancientredwoods.net
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
If you have time check out Yosemite and also the Giant Sequoias. A bit out of the way for the direction you are going but if you have time you will not forget it.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

bazdad
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. I will take 101 up to the avenue of the oaks. I will not leave the area without seeing them. Thanks for all information.

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
They start around the junction of CA1 and US101.

Gooding__R
Explorer
Explorer
I am in Acarta now and went to the Redwoods today and they are worth seeing. Loved our trip to the west coast. Headed to Oregon in the morning.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
I just answered you in your other post.

Take 101 north and you'll drive through all the big trees. Don't take Hwy 1.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Leeblev
Explorer
Explorer
In Marin County, there is Muir Woods. If you don't want to drive north on 101, you can go to this park and walk through a nice stand of redwoods. It is nice, but like others said, Avenue of the Giants is pretty spectacular.
Go do it!
Lee

2001 36' Kountry Star DP

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
There are redwoods in the Santa Cruz area, but they are not as large as the ones in the Avenue of the Giants in the Humboldt area. For me I never get tired of going north to see them. JMO
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
bazdad wrote:
I'm in Napa California at this time. Where is the southern most site that I can get a good view of the giant redwoods. Are they only growing in Humboldt county area. Thanks for the information.

Head north up 101 around Humbolt Ca.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google: southernmost redwoods
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman