Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Lake Erie Camping

Does anyone have a recommendation for a campground on Lake Erie in Ohio? We have a 31 ft. Class C motorhome.

we are so excited

Wife retires on friday, then in 2 weeks we leave for keywest fl. With our 5th wheel in tow. gonna take our time 1 week to get there. longest drive first day about 400 miles. then only 200 or so miles with 5 stops. 3 weeks at Bluewater rv resort,

mickey48 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Boondocking at THE BIG E in West Springfield MA

Just wondering if anyone has ever camped in the parking lot of The Big E is West Springfield MA? We're also located in MA, but a few hours away-so we were thinking of going for a long weekend. It's hard to find much information about it and I'm a l...

Where to see big cactus in AZ and/or NM?

Where can you see big cactus (the only I figured out was saguaro) in AZ? I saw Saguaro National Park but wanted to know if you can see them farther north. We are thinking about going to AZ and southern Utah next summer. We are coming from FL so we ...

flgator4 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

There is a crispness in the morning air.

Time to start thinking about the migration south. This year we will leave the small traveling 5'th wheel north, and just drive down to our larger 5'ver. With a new baby coming into the family we won't be able to leave till late. Pulling a rig in snow...

Cape Canaveral area

We will be on a cruise next month with a port call at Port Canaveral, Fl. I used to live in Houston and have been thru the Johnson Space Center many times and am not interested in seeing the Kennedy Space Center. This will be the last day of an e...

IDman by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Mark Twain State Park

Had a great long weekend at Mark Twain State Parks and Campground. Never been there before and had a wonderful time. What I was most surprised with was all the tent camping there was. I'm guessing close to 1/2 the sites had tents on them and the o...

Caprock Canyons or Copper Breaks (Texas)

We are hoping to visit either Caprock Canyons SP in Quitaque, TX or Copper Breaks SP in Quanah, TX. Because of a limited time schedule we can choose only one. Looking for any tips from RV'ers who have experience with either or both sites. Thanks

Jantzen Beach RV Park - Portland, OR

Heading to Portland next week and staying at Jantzen Beach RV Park. Anyone know if the bugs will be bad? It's on Hayden Island and I'm worried about standing water and mosquitoes.

jstaffon by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

ne ohio to nyc to see wtc

ive never been to the wtc memorial. i spent a few minutes looking on here and it seems I80 to liberty harbor rv is not a bad trip, then a few blocks to the PATH (whatever that is) and right to the memorial? is this right? it scares me to death the...

stew47 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice wanted for RV Park near fly fishing

Good morning all. This is my first post on this site and I am looking forward to many more.There is a good chance I will be heading south for the winter and leaving the northern Utah weather behind for a few months.I love to fly fish, but I am havin...

netpilot by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Hocking Hills

Has anyone used the new full hookup sites they added on the water tower loop at Hocking Hills? Did they make the pads longer? I just made reservations for October and was surprised to see that it said it would handle a 40' rig. I didn't think they...

Camp ground power

I have noticed that some camp grounds the power voltage varies all over the place and some it never varies. Have been in some where voltage runs from 110 to 125 and other it never get off 118

Norris Dam State Park Review

Camped here over labor day in Norris Dam State Park in Tennessee. This place is amazing, check out the very short video I made. Norris Dam State Park