Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

North GA Campground Fall 2014

Any recommendations on a North GA campground in the mountains with FHU? Would like to take a long weekend with the family and see some colors. It would be nice if the campground would have some river/creek access and be in the mountains vs. the out...

Which site? Fools Hollow Lake, Show Low AZ!

DW and I want to spend some time at Fools Hollow Lake in Show Low Az. Anyone stayed there? We have a 35' 5er and would like to have a view of the water. I know two loops have elect. and water, and two other loops also have sewer. Any favorite sites t...

sjturbo by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Buffalo NFCG in Island Park, ID

We are heading to ID for the latter part of the summer. Has anyone stayed at this campground and how difficult was it to get an electric site? We've been unable to make reservations as we have ordered a new truck and haven't had an exact delivery d...

Spot between Gettysburg PA, and Lansing, MI?

We're at Gettysburg Campground and considering heading home a day early and splitting the trip back home into two days. The trip here took 12 hours and we'd rather not do that again.Open to suggestions. We like wooded campsites. Don't have to have FH...

reinita by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Campground similar to Point Sebago in Maine

We just got back from our third trip to Point Sebago in Maine and had another great trip. Looking for any suggestions for a campground like it. Looking for planned activities for the kids, Loved the fact it was lake front etc... If you have been ...

East Coast Road Trip - 2015 - Beginning Planning

Hello,I am new to the forum but have been a lurker for a while. I've done a lot of searching and have been taking notes but figured I might as well post my specific questions. We are in the beginning planning stages for a road trip in our travel tra...

lindsyb by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Charleston, SC Campground

We want to go to Charleston, SC this November on our way down to Naples, FL. We have a 36' motorhome pulling a toad. Where should we camp? I have found Oak Plantation and James Island. Is there others and which one would you choose?

5th wheel storage

We are looking for a place to store our 5th wheel for couple months his winter, storage lots etc. Thank you John

Thousand trails full hookups?

What has been your experience with Thousand Trails. How many of the sites are full hookup? Any luck if you can only reserve 60 days out? We are looking at resale memberships to reduce our FT costs. Thanks!

RVcrazy by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Madeline Island Wisc CG and ferry

Thinking about going to Madeline Island Wisc next year. There are not a lot of electric sites in the CG so I am looking at making reservations soon. TT including hitch and bumper is 34ft. Without making the call yet, I assume that the ferry to the is...

cmarkj by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Forest fire closes Hwy 120 to Yosemite Valley

Road and Campground Closures Due to Fire Big Oak Flat Rd between Crane Flat & the El Portal Rd is temporarily closed. There is no access to Yosemite Valley via the Big Oak Flat Rd or Hwy 120. Tioga Rd is open & accessible via Big Oak Flat & Tioga ...

rv2go by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Campgrounds in or near Bryce and Zion. 40 foot coach

Hey folks. We are planning our fall trip south and want to take in Bryce and Zion. Where do most folks stay for these two places. We are self contained and need no services so are open to all types of Campgrounds. We have a toad so can commute back a...

Moab Area Camping

I've often seen rigs on the right side of 313 not too long after you crest the switchbacky hill when going south on 313 from 191. Is that area the Lone Mesa group site? Presuming so, are there a couple boondock spots a little further down Dubinky We...

d-mac1 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Grant Village, Yellowstone NP Labor Day Weekend

Just a heads up, I just cancelled a 50ft site today for Grant Village from 29 Aug to 1 Sep this year. Just letting the board know because it is a busy time there over labor day weekend in case anyone wanted the site.