cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Brookings OR/Redwood CA - April 2014 to stay ?

RoadXYZ
Explorer II
Explorer II
Question #1 : We are thinking it might be nice to spend 2-4 weeks in Brookings OR along the coast towards Crescent City area ... any suggestions ?

Need to be in Toppenish WA by May 15, 2014 ..

Question #2 : Then to make the trip up to Toppenish was thinking of going from Brookings to Grants Pass, then north towards Portland, taking 205 around Portland, then take 84 along Columbia River Gorge and just past The Dalles cross Columbia River at Sam Hill Memorial Bridge over towards Goldendale taking 97 North to Toppenish .. looks like plenty of state parks as well as rv parks to choose from ...

this looks like best routing, and also any ideas where best place to stay enroute?

Didn't Google map it, but looks like best option ...
Full-Time RV'rs - Grandma Marji, and Grandpa
2008 Suburban / 2004 Alpenlite TT(FT)
8 REPLIES 8

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
X2 for the KOA in Crescent City.

Also we liked the Cascade Locks/Portland East KOA....and while there, we took the Columbia River Scenic Highway drive and went to Multnomah Falls. Beautiful!

lmsteck
Explorer
Explorer
We like the KOA in Crescent City and also Harris Beach State Park in Brookings. Both have FHU's.
lmsteck

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
We like Harris Beach State Park near Brookings, some great Ocean View sites but need to reserve early to get them. Also in the Columbia Groge we lke Ainsworth St Park (no reservations but if you get there mid day you can generally get a full service site) Also like Memaloose State Park near the Dalles, very nice with some full service sites.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

fireman93514
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
For Brookings. Brooking harbor RV park. Not real pretty but the views are unbeatable. Blast up I5 is probably the fastest. But you might consider cutting your Brookings area visit short and simply drive up the coast. If you go north on 101, Winchester Bay RV park is another fantastic park for views. Very nice park too. From Reedsport, it is a nice easy drive to PDX. If you want to spend a night around here, two parks are good. Sandy River RV in Troutdale or Portland/Fairview RV a couple miles west of me. From here you can pull into Toppenish in about 4 hours via 84/97 crossing at Biggs Junction.

I agree with Donn. We have stayed at Brookings harbor several times. Winchester Bay is great also, but I may be biased since I grew up in Reedsport.
John & Judy
2007 Winnebago Access 31C
2008 Ford Focus

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Personally, I would take 101 north to 18, and then east on 18 stopping at the Air Museum to see the Spruce Goose. One of the top 5 attractions in Oregon, Then Id take 99 to I 5 and would go SOUTH on I5 a few miles to I 205 and then east to 84.If you cross at 95 toward Goldendale, take a right on WA 14 just a few miles to Crow Butte Campground, its a county park and very nice. Might need reservations during summer. Just beyond Crow Butte is the tiny town of Patterson, turn north on 221 to Prosser and catch 82 to Yakima.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
We made a trip up the Oregon coast last May starting in Brookings at the Beachfront RV Park.

Link for info.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
For Brookings. Brooking harbor RV park. Not real pretty but the views are unbeatable. Blast up I5 is probably the fastest. But you might consider cutting your Brookings area visit short and simply drive up the coast. If you go north on 101, Winchester Bay RV park is another fantastic park for views. Very nice park too. From Reedsport, it is a nice easy drive to PDX. If you want to spend a night around here, two parks are good. Sandy River RV in Troutdale or Portland/Fairview RV a couple miles west of me. From here you can pull into Toppenish in about 4 hours via 84/97 crossing at Biggs Junction.

Ka_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, Google maps agrees with you and so do I, although going across to Hwy 97 in central Oregon is a nice trip also.
Depends what kind of time you have.

We did the trip from the coast over to Crater Lake and then up 97 and we really enjoyed that also.