cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground near Lincoln Nebraska?

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for campground recommendations near Lincoln Nebraska for May.

We need electrical and water, sewer would be nice, but could survive without. We are meeting a friend and her grandkids, they are coming from Denver CO.

thanks,
Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie
14 REPLIES 14

Tom_Diane
Explorer
Explorer
We have reservations at Pawnee SP in May, 12 miles west of Lincoln.

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
Campaway or Mahoney would be good choices. Mahoney only has a handful of FHU sites though. DONT stay at Pine Grove RV Park, just read the reviews about the "over the top Rule Nazi CG owner." We've had several bad experiences there and wont go back.
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

wyocowboy00
Explorer II
Explorer II
DeanRIowa wrote:
imgoin4it wrote:
It's 50 miles west of lincoln, but we like the triple nickel (555) rv park right on I-80 at York.

If you mean Double Nickle in Waco, I had thought of staying there, as we did once on way back from Yellowstone and it was a nice little park.

Local State Parks and Rec Areas appear to be booked up on weekends throughout May.

Dean

We have stayed at the Double Nickel at the Waco exit off I-80. It is a nice park and I believe it is next to a golf course. It's about 40 miles west of Lincoln.
2012 Chev. Silverado 3500HD DRW 4 X 4
2013 Arctic Fox 992 240 watts solar
Jerry & Judy

98silvz71
Explorer
Explorer
That KOA is expensive and very tight unless you get the premium sites with the deck/patio areas. We stayed there a couple of years ago when we meet up with family. I wouldn't recommend it unless you can't find anything else.

I would like to suggest Mahoney state park also. That is where we are staying this summer on our trek through Nebraska.

Edit: Can't Spell
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC/SB Duramax - 20K B&W Companion, Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks and Stabilizer, BFG A/T KO2
2014 Keystone Fuzion 342 Toyhauler
2008 Arctic Cat 700 Diesel

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
We used Campaway last year, it was ok and the place is nice with a friendly staff but close t the highway and not the cheapest.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
Dryheat36 wrote:
Check out Cabella's in Lincoln. Stayed there a few years ago and was very nice and adjacent to the store.

Think you mean Sidney? There is also a Cabella's in Kearney, none in Lincoln.

There is Pawnee Lake State park a few miles west of Lincoln, north of Emerald. No sewer at the site.

So, it's Campaway, Pawnee Lake, or Mahoney. Mahoney is 30 miles east of Lincoln, only a few sites have sewer.
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
We stayed at Camp a Way last year on the return trip from Colorado. Its an easy on/off the interstate, good sites but is pricey. I would however stay there again.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
imgoin4it wrote:
It's 50 miles west of lincoln, but we like the triple nickel (555) rv park right on I-80 at York.

If you mean Double Nickle in Waco, I had thought of staying there, as we did once on way back from Yellowstone and it was a nice little park.

Local State Parks and Rec Areas appear to be booked up on weekends throughout May.

Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie

4huskers
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Campaway a couple of times. No bad, although a little pricey. Other than state parks there's not much to choose from.

gwalter
Explorer III
Explorer III
Eugene Mahoney State Park is between Lincoln and Omaha. There a SAC museum right next door and lots for the kids to do. Omaha and Lincoln have lots to see and do and I highly recommend the Henry Doorly Zoo. You will need to get reservations ASAP as it is a popular park. Here is some info from rvpark reviews.

7.9 Good

Eugene T Mahoney State Park 7.84 miles NE
Ashland, Nebraska (map) | (402) 944-2523
Sites: 149 | Latest Rate: $22.00 | 18 Reviews

View Campground Details Been Here? Add a Review View Campground Website
HOOKUPS view all >>

Electric Sewer 50amp WiFi Water Cable TV
ACCOMMODATIONS view all >>

Pull-Thru Sites Pool Access Big Rig Access Pets Allowed -lake Waterfront Access Tents Allowed
Reviews of Eugene T Mahoney State Park

Rating: 8 9 9 6 10
Clean Restrooms:
Clean Showers:
2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2021 Bighorn 3120 RK
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Dryheat36
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Cabella's in Lincoln. Stayed there a few years ago and was very nice and adjacent to the store.

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
There's a KOA between Lincoln and Omaha that's not bad. You could go to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try this:

RVparkreviews.com - Lincoln, NE

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)