cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cracker Barrel

mike24
Explorer
Explorer
Has any one rested over night at a cracker barrel. if so did you have any problems. Did the management give you permission.
27 REPLIES 27

VE3ESN
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed twice at CB, but since they're so close to the interstates (for obvious reasons), we also find Walmart Super Centers to be quieter. Management at CB have always been very friendly.
Jerry & Susie
1996 Roadtrek 190 Versatile (Dodge 5.2 L)

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just be careful to park as far from the garbage dumpster as possible though, the big truck comes to empty them in the wee hours of the morning.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Never stayed completely overnite but got some rest many times at CB's. No issue at all for us and we really enjoy them. My wife is a CB shop-a-holic ! :B. :E

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
mike24 wrote:
Has any one rested over night at a cracker barrel. if so did you have any problems. Did the management give you permission.

We stayed once -- found the lot to small and the noise level high -- we have found over the years that for us Wal*Mart is the better option -- much larger parking area and we can usually find a quiet spot. Still enjoy a meal on occasion.

BOL,

We always check to be sure it is not a problem to stay the night, no matter where we stay.
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Over the years, both before and after RV, I've eaten at many CBs. Two observations. Their gift shop sells old fashioned candy that you just don't find in the local grocery stores. My personal favorite was the Lincoln Logs.
And the CB cooks above the Mason Dixon line don't know how to cook grits. ๐Ÿ™‚
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

helperzack
Explorer
Explorer
We keep one of their free directories and when pulling in, even late at night, phone and ask permission. Most have someone inside working all night long.
Have always been welcomed.

However, with the wife and three kids, the breakfast meal and gift shop purchases normally equal what a campground would cost me.:)
Coachmen Mirada 310DS named "The Corporate Headquarters."
When camping I just tell clients that I am working at "Corporate Headquarters"

Goose2448
Explorer
Explorer
I had a company truck break down on me once and that's where I made it. I let the manager know that the truck would be there overnight until we could get a trailer to get it. He was very nice and I even got a free piece of cake! I do second scoping out the location before pulling in though, some of them can be VERY tight.
2008 GMC LMM CCLB DRW "Stuff and Things"
2004 Jayco Jayflight

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Randu wrote:
I usually pull in about or after 10:00pm which is when they are closing or closed. Sleep overnight and then go in for breakfast. I make sure I tell the waitress that I had a wonderful night in their lot and can't wait for a great breakfast. Sometimes the manager will come by and thank us for the business and inquire where we are from or where we are headed. Many time told to stop by on the way back home. Randu

X2 we used to hit CBs regularly when we were working and had to run long days and short nights to stay on schedule. They also seem to be in relatively safe and quiet areas.

We still hit one occasionally for overnight, we also eat the majority of our meals on the road in CBs. Good food and - usually - plenty of room to park. When I say room, note the signature, we do not fit in the RV slots, always park out along the periphery of the lot.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
I've only stayed at a couple and never had problems with management. Always had at least one meal. Just be careful of the parking situation. Some can be very tight for big rigs.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
better than wal mart and the wife doesn,t have to cook. we stop about 6pm park way out back have supper and get cleaned up , we,ve been from ohio to arizona never a problem.

M_GO_BLUE1
Explorer
Explorer
Never hesitated to stop at CB...pull in after 10pm and then up at 6am for their pecan pancakes...and we always thank them for letting us stay

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually CC/LB Duramax/Allison

2008 Jayco Designer 35RLTS fifth wheel

Onan 5500W Marquis Gold gas generator (HGJAB - 1038D)

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
I usually pull in about or after 10:00pm which is when they are closing or closed. Sleep overnight and then go in for breakfast. I make sure I tell the waitress that I had a wonderful night in their lot and can't wait for a great breakfast. Sometimes the manager will come by and thank us for the business and inquire where we are from or where we are headed. Many time told to stop by on the way back home. Randu
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it's been discussed many times. Try the search feature...
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad