cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Foothills. Yuma

lkg9071
Explorer
Explorer
I'm hoping to head south to Yuma right after Christmas. Unfortunately I might have to stay home for a bit due to possible medical treatment.
What will be my odds of finding a spot at a foothills RV park at this time of year? 2 years ago I moved in on a "transient" spot at one park. I think that all parks have those types of spots. It might have to due with being an RV park or a trailer park. Maybe local taxes? Thanks. LKG907
19 REPLIES 19

Gadget_Guy1
Explorer
Explorer
GrampaKoot wrote:
Hi to Gadget Guy.
Have you observed any significant increase now that Holidays are over?

I would say that the usual group that comes after Christmas have arrived, but there are still a lot of spaces in RV parks open and certainly a large number of RV lots that have spaces for rent from a range of $200.00 to $300.00 per month. Just my humble opinion and observation.

netjam
Explorer
Explorer
Not Gadget Guy but was in Yuma yesterday. Checked out a few parks in the foothills around exit 12. Most were about half full....lots of spots available.

GrampaKoot
Explorer
Explorer
Hi to Gadget Guy.
Have you observed any significant increase now that Holidays are over?
GrampaKoot says...la vida es corta para aรฑejar el vino

Don_Shar
Explorer
Explorer
Snowman9000 wrote:
Don/Shar wrote:
Go to the Foothills, there are plenty of lots for rent. Just drive around and you can find one. They are not in a park but residential area. Most have brick wall around them with at least 2 RV hook ups.
I own one with 4 full hookups but mine are rented for this year. you will be able to find a real nice lot, rent will be $250 to $400 including water, sewer, trash and sometimes electric.
Just to give you an idea this is a picture of my lot, I get $375 with all utilities furnished except trash. The building has washer, shower, toilet, and a refrigerator for the renters to use. As I said earlier it is not for rent this year....already rented.

If a person drives around to find one, will they see contact info at the site, typically? The ones I've noticed in TX or AZ are unlabled just like yours appears to be. How do your first time renters find you, or other owners? Is there a website like VRBO.com?

Both sides of my lot are rented until April 1, 2015. I have an agent in Yuma rent my lot for me and when it gets rented she will take the FOR RENT sign down. My agent is Billie Ward Yuma Real Estate. If you have any questions or interested in next year PM me I will give you the information.
Don / Sharon Smith
8th year fulltiming
1 high school sweetheart bride of 52 yrs. Sharon
1 long haired mini dauchound...Jake
1997 Beaver Patriot DP
2004 Jeep Rubicon
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u189/smithster_photos/

revump
Explorer
Explorer
Do we know if this is a common practice in the SW and if you can find place to rent in other locals?
Bob

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yuma Craigs List "Vacation Rentals". Also along Foothills Blvd are signs along the curb for lot rental. Also on the north side of I-8 there are rental lots available.

Art_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
Snowman9000 wrote:
Don/Shar wrote:
Go to the Foothills, there are plenty of lots for rent. Just drive around and you can find one. They are not in a park but residential area. Most have brick wall around them with at least 2 RV hook ups.
I own one with 4 full hookups but mine are rented for this year. you will be able to find a real nice lot, rent will be $250 to $400 including water, sewer, trash and sometimes electric.
Just to give you an idea this is a picture of my lot, I get $375 with all utilities furnished except trash. The building has washer, shower, toilet, and a refrigerator for the renters to use. As I said earlier it is not for rent this year....already rented.

If a person drives around to find one, will they see contact info at the site, typically? The ones I've noticed in TX or AZ are unlabled just like yours appears to be. How do your first time renters find you, or other owners? Is there a website like VRBO.com?

Yep. Usually there is a "For Rent" sign at the lot with phone number-and often the rental rate and whether utilities are included.
Do the best you can with what you have to work with.

Arctic Fox 22GQ
Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Don/Shar wrote:

Currently RV-less but not done yet.

RoadLife
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info! We will be heading toward Yuma in less than a week without reservations.
ROADLIFE

RV Part Timers Blog

2003 40' Allegro BUS - 2 slides
2013 Ford F150 XLT 4X4 OffRoad 2014 XC60 Volvo
Shasta - Australian Shepherd; Boomer - Brittany;
Pancho - border terrier

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unless there is a huge influx of folks in the next ten days, there are spaces available just about everywhere. Private lots or parks.

Gadget_Guy1
Explorer
Explorer
I am not sure what is happening to the snowbird crowd, but there are just a lot fewer snowbirds than last year in and around Yuma. The same goes for Quartzite, I took a bike ride to see a friend in the LTVA yesterday and he said to me that there are just a lot fewer people than other years and he has been going there for at least 15 years. Contrary to another post, the Grubstake is open for business, but the Pala Verde resturant is closed.

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
We are on a rented RV lot in the Foothills right know, there is a lot of availability but some landlords may only want long stay folks. With the high vacancy rate you may be lucky though.

We were over at Fortuna do Oro RV park visiting some friends a week or so ago, there were hundreds of empty spaces at that time. The tranient area is a little bleak (sand and gravel) but there is good space between sites and they have full services and concrete patio pads. The park is located on north Frontage road just east of Foothills Blvd.

The park has been bought by Cal Am resorts and they are putting lots of $$ into it to improve the place.

Fortuna

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
Cocopa Resort has NO taxes.
No person is completely worthless ..... one can always serve as a bad example.

PAUL AND JAN

mayo30
Explorer
Explorer
Should be no problem as friends and trends seem to indicate the Yuma trek is diminishing yearly.Just talked to a friend who just rents a park model now and says rent is $600.00 month,saw pictures of the unit and know the park which is nice,not one of the old Western Sands era style.